Not open for further replies.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
Its very much like a vivi head.

Center post going into a rubber grommet. The only difference is the ceramic cup the coil is sitting in. Its the exact same cup as the old ce2 fluxomizers. My biggest worry is replacement parts. That rubber grommet will wear out. I need to try to rebuild it using parts from a vivi head to see if the grommet is the same, i think it is but i want to confirm.

Using 2mm wick, its hard to get them through the wick holes in one piece. Anything bigger than 2mm, forget about it. Thats my biggest complaint really. Getting the wick through the wick holes and into the tank can be quite frustrating. I ended up making a loop of kanthal that i fed up from the botton and placed the wick inside the loop then pulled it through the hole.

Out of the box, mine had a nasty funky taste. So i cleaned it all out and that went away.

I'm really not sure how i feel about this thing. For the same price you can buy a vivi nova with 3 heads. Since the vivi heads rebuild the same, if you can rebuild one you can build the other. So you get more spare parts to work with from just buying a vivi nova kit.

dragonet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
brasil

Center post going into a rubber grommet. The only difference is the ceramic cup the coil is sitting in. Its the exact same cup as the old ce2 fluxomizers. My biggest worry is replacement parts. That rubber grommet will wear out. I need to try to rebuild it using parts from a vivi head to see if the grommet is the same, i think it is but i want to confirm.

Using 2mm wick, its hard to get them through the wick holes in one piece. Anything bigger than 2mm, forget about it. Thats my biggest complaint really. Getting the wick through the wick holes and into the tank can be quite frustrating. I ended up making a loop of kanthal that i fed up from the botton and placed the wick inside the loop then pulled it through the hole.

Out of the box, mine had a nasty funky taste. So i cleaned it all out and that went away.

I'm really not sure how i feel about this thing. For the same price you can buy a vivi nova with 3 heads. Since the vivi heads rebuild the same, if you can rebuild one you can build the other. So you get more spare parts to work with from just buying a vivi nova kit.
very enlightening, thanks

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Based on your findings above, the only advantage the Drunker has is the 5 ml tank. I like that though. You have a point on the three heads. You actually get more for less with a nova. However, some say the flavor is better on the drunker. Hmmm...decisions decisions.

So are ther 4 wick holes or only 2?

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
4 wick holes

The only advantage i see is the wicks on the drunker. On a vivi, i typically rebuild with a single 2mm wick while the drunker can run 2 2mm wicks, although they are a right ....... to get in those wick holes. So the wicking on the drunker should be better, like the old stone tanks.

Another difference is in the draw. The drunker has a looser draw than the vivi.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
4 wick holes

The only advantage i see is the wicks on the drunker. On a vivi, i typically rebuild with a single 2mm wick while the drunker can run 2 2mm wicks, although they are a right ....... to get in those wick holes. So the wicking on the drunker should be better, like the old stone tanks.

Another difference is in the draw. The drunker has a looser draw than the vivi.

Ah. I see. More wicks = better wicking. Better wicking = better flavor.

Does it go through juice like the nova? I can easily go through an entire tank on a 3.5ml Nova in less than a day.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Been vaping on this new Drunker RBA all evening, and i am definitely impressed. The draw is smooth and easy, the vapor production is prodigious, and the flavor is outstanding.

It does seem to like a slightly lower setting than a Vivi or carto though. I usually vape (on an AcryliMax) between 3.7v and 4.5v, but on the Drunker, I'm vaping at around 3.3v, or it tastes burnt and harsh.

Wicking is very good, and you don't have to "tip and swish" nearly as much as a Vivi Nova. It is well-built and appears to be relatively easy to rebuild, but the coils do have to fit in a pretty small place...

I'll definitely be taking both my Drunkers to the Whie Rose Meetup this weekend for people to try.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Nice. Thanks for the review SD.

Been vaping on this new Drunker RBA all evening, and i am definitely impressed. The draw is smooth and easy, the vapor production is prodigious, and the flavor is outstanding.

It does seem to like a slightly lower setting than a Vivi or carto though. I usually vape (on an AcryliMax) between 3.7v and 4.5v, but on the Drunker, I'm vaping at around 3.3v, or it tastes burnt and harsh.

Wicking is very good, and you don't have to "tip and swish" nearly as much as a Vivi Nova. It is well-built and appears to be relatively easy to rebuild, but the coils do have to fit in a pretty small place...

I'll definitely be taking both my Drunkers to the Whie Rose Meetup this weekend for people to try.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
I got mine today from Sure Vapes, the shipping is quick. The Tank is OK, The vape does seem to be a little more and the flavor is better. It's other advantage over the Vivi is capacity., refilling is more difficult than a nova and rebuilding looks like it will be more challanging. I am assuming the ruber grumant from nova will work but dont know. This is not really a "bad" product but it is overpriced for something that is essentially a 5 mil vivi, no head's no extra parts hard to rebuild

Last edited:

cardenio

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
United States
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but if im willing to spend up to 100 bucks what would you guys recommend for my first RBA? i was thinking about the drunker but this thread kind of made it sound meh, and i heard a lot of other names tossed out here. I use many carto tanks and disposable atomizers, just never had the background knowledge to know what kind of RBA is best so i never got one. Maybe even tell me what kind of coil and wick id have to buy to replace it? Im really clueless on this subject lol

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
for me the worst "sin" is rebuilding very hard to get the wick through the holes. I am lassoing it with kanthal wire, it works but what a pain. The flavor is noticeably better than Vivi

i was doing the lasso as well but then i saw the tip to just take some syran wrap and put that around the end of the wick, feed it through, remove the syran and put i on the next end till you get all 4. Works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread