dry throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaaadaam

Aug 19, 2013
baltimore
Hello all I'm new to the forums and kinda new to the ecig. I purchased an ego kit from apollo back in january. I got the sampler kit with several flavors as well. I loved it on the first day and by day 2 my throat was killing me as if it was dry and irritated so I put the ecig down. I work at a bar and have seen so many people rave about how its saved them. I have decided to try and pick it back up. Does anyone have any recommendations or answers to why my throat may have gotten so irritated?? I have been a pack a day smoker for about 15 years. Also I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Could be the fact that your body is trying to get use to the fact that you are taking in nicotine a different way. I experienced this as well but didn't put mine down. By the fourth day I was fine but before that I did take in more liquids to keep my throat from being irritated.

Then again it could be your juice mix doing this to. And what I mean by "juice mix" is the pg/vg ratio. I would suggest using a 50/50 mix ratio and see if that helps. If it continues go up 25% on either or. Its a process of elimination. If you are using a 50/50 pg/vg mix and are experiencing a dry, irritated throat try a 75pg/25vg. If the irritation continues try a 25pg/75vg. If the throat irritation is relieved then you know that you had too much PG in your juice and Vice Versa.

And I do believe the OHMs on your atomizer could play a roll in this. 1.8, 2.4, 2.6 try each one and see if that changes anything.

aaaadaam

Aug 19, 2013
baltimore
Could be the fact that your body is trying to get use to the fact that you are taking in nicotine a different way. I experienced this as well but didn't put mine down. By the fourth day I was fine but before that I did take in more liquids to keep my throat from being irritated.

Then again it could be your juice mix doing this to. And what I mean by "juice mix" is the pg/vg ratio. I would suggest using a 50/50 mix ratio and see if that helps. If it continues go up 25% on either or. Its a process of elimination. If you are using a 50/50 pg/vg mix and are experiencing a dry, irritated throat try a 75pg/25vg. If the irritation continues try a 25pg/75vg. If the throat irritation is relieved then you know that you had too much PG in your juice and Vice Versa.

And I do believe the OHMs on your atomizer could play a roll in this. 1.8, 2.4, 2.6 try each one and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for all of the info. Im not sure how to change the OHMs on the atomizer. Do you have any recommendations on places to order juice??

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
If your lips and the tip of your tongue are irritated or dry feeling too, then most likely it's dehydration. It doesn't take much of that for vaping to become irritating to the mouth and throat.

If you are drinking plenty (10-12 classes or bottles per day) of water, then a bit more VG and lower nic may help east that irritation.

Now, a bit of mild irritation is normal at first, but it shouldn't be bad enough to put you off vaping, and an hour or so of no vaping and drinking fluids should ease it. If not, your juice needs adjustments to suit you better.

emma-feellife

Moved On
Jul 29, 2013
china
www.feellife.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread