Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Hello,

I'm putting this here, since it kind of fits. Even though intended use is tobacco. If you wonder, my country is about to go cray cray on the vape ban. I'm just exploring alternatives.

About 2 years back, I looked at these Instant-on dry-herb vaporizer | Hopper io

But am wondering what else is out there in the under 500 australian dollar bracket? ($350 USD?)

Thanks

Dan

Ravenscroft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Sydney, Oz
Hi Doggie, I have been looking at the TinyMight for a while now and it is getting really good feedback from users.
It is made by a guy in Finland and if I finally get through the age pension application I am definitely going to get one to try.

Maybe they are a bit expensive but check it out anyway, and also there are no reviews or mention of use with tobacco.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
@Doffy , have you tried any dry vapourisers with tobacco? Ive been curious about these for a while but never took the leap.
I haven't. I've had them in mind for if WTA and or Nic become unavailable. But keep delaying it.

I have chop chop tobacco in the freezer and I should just do it.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I didn't like the hopper. (love my Dynavap and Dreamwood)
Maybe something like: Planet of the Vapes ONE
If portability is not a concern, a desktop box vape might work best: Arizer Extreme Q, Da Buddah or a Storz and Bickel product.

Cheers
I
Thanks. Just ordered the one. Just as proof of concept. [emoji4]

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Picked up a Dynavap three days ago. It works very efficiently. Really very efficiently. Surprisingly efficiently.
Waiting on a couple of other dhv's to turn up, Monday or Tuesday. Battery, tc devices.
Have you tried tobacco? My One is due Monday I think. From a store in Queensland.

Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Have you tried tobacco? My One is due Monday I think. From a store in Queensland.
I have only tried tobacco.
About quarter the amount of tobacco I would use in a ryo hits harder than a whole ryo.
I vaped through a white cloth and there was no staining at lower temps but as I heated to higher temps a very light staining did occur but no where near the level of staining from a cigarette.
Taste is not great but was not as bad as the cigarette I tried as a comparison.
You cant muck about and chain vape with a dhv like you can with a new rta, the nic hit is quite hard. The first one sat me on my ... for a while. I have only vaped about 2ml with my ecig in three days while trying out the dynavap but I have only used the dynavap 7 times.
Because it delivers the way it does there is no reloading and trying different things over leisurely period of time. I have to wait a few hours before I can try it again or even enjoy a puff on an ecig.
From the little experience I have had I think Im sold on dhv as an alternative to both cigs and ecigs should the proverbial hit the fan over here.
Im looking forward to getting the electronic dhv and playing with them. If they work out I will pick up a more expensive one with an external battery.

As a side note, Ive dealt with anxiety ever since I quit smoking. After the first few tries with the dynavap I felt the anxiety lift, after 3 days Im experiencing a calm and ease I havnt experienced for nearly three years.
Once Ive worked through these devices I am going to up the nic levels in my juice to a level that feels similar to what is happening with the dynavap and see if that also helps alleviate the anxiety Ive been dealing with. I think it maybe around 15mg to 18mg might be similar but I wont know til I try it.
I do have a suspicion that the nic isnt the deal for me in this regard though because I can go weeks with out nic and the feeling of anxiety doesnt increase over that time and nor does it go away when I return to the ecig and nicotine.
Conjecture and speculation on my behalf at this point though and I wont know for sure until I try a few different things.

Sorry for the ramble and oversharing but I havnt had an outlet to discuss this with anyone.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Just wanted to add that there is some remorse that I have used these devices to heat tobacco and that I did have one cigarette. I was only 2 months away from three years tobacco free.
I was very curious about the affect of tobacco on me versus the affect of nicotine without tobacco from ecigs. With the remorse their is a little excitement that a piece of the puzzle has been revealed.

Reactions: Doffy

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
An Airistech Viva turned up today. I didnt think I ordered it but went back through the invoice and apparently I did! :D Oh well.
So I tried it. Too airy for mtl and no way to tighten up the airflow. But it gave me a really good idea of how good the dynavap I already have is and what to expect from the two dhv's Im actually waiting for.
I used it 3hrs ago and havnt vaped an ecig since. Just way too much going on with these things, potent in comparison to my 3.5mg nic juice, 28g ss 0.7ohm @ 195c.

I used about 1/3 the tobacco I would use in a thin'ish ryo and set the temp for 180c. The draw was too airy to be really enjoyable but I continued until there was no discernible vapour. I shut the device off and checked the contents for charring. It wasnt dry yet so I repeated the process a couple more times. After the 3rd run through it was dry and spent, no charring.
Unfortunately its just way to potent for me in that amount or at that temp. Next run, in about 7hrs, I will use less material and run at about 170c. There isnt much vapour at 180c so Im not expecting much @170c.
DHV feels to me way more potent than a combusted ryo cig, 1/3 of the tobacco in a ryo in a dhv delivers way more of everything than a whole ryo cig.
Taste is what it is, there is very little or no combustion so that element of the taste isnt present, its just a clean'ish toasty taste of dry tobacco, its not terrible like a cigarette.
Ive seen a few dhv "tanks" with 510 connectors and rda coil bases. Im going to look into some of these to add to the stash so that it all just assimilates with my ecig vape gear.

I still have a lot of reading to get through regarding heat not burn, I dont feel suitably educated about it yet . Ive only been checking out research papers for the last 3-4months and really only intensely for the last 4weeks. Ive got a lot of stuff bookmarked to get through.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Spent a couple of days with a Xmax pro2 and a pax3.
I think its much like ecig vape gear, its all pretty similar you just have to find your groove.
These things all do the same job, just with little differences.
I got bored with them and packed them all away.
I had my second cig in 3yrs just for a refresher comparison and both ecigs and dhv's are quite lacking in overall performance/satisfaction compared to a ryo cigarette.

This whole thing has been a bit of an eye opener for me. Im happy to have had the chance to test a few theories. It sort of cemented a few vague ideas I was considering regarding nicotine vs tobacco.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doffy

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
For at home use I would try this although I think someone was all "You are the dumbest."

But it gets great reviews and (IMHO)P works great for MJ and I think it would work well for tobacco. The nice thing is you don't have to vape an entire bowl at once you can turn the heating element on and off.

I will attest to the fact it vaporizes MJ efficiently I would not know about MJ. It's pricy but the husband made friends with the guy from the headshop and like, it was a returned one and they sold it CHEAP.

IDK it's NOT portable but three are times that is good. IDK though. It's just a thought.

Da Buddha Vaporizer®

I think it is a love it or hate it product, probably.

Anan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread