DSE 601 e-pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
anyone have comments on the DSE 601 e-pipe good bad or indifferent thinking about trying one but like to get some feed back first before purchasing thanks

I have no experience with it. I like the idea, and sometimes I think about buying one. The batteries is a standard 18350, which are super cheap to replace. We're talking like $10 for a pair, each 900mAh, each one likely to last a year or more. But you can't swap out the atomizer. You gotta buy a new bowl, and Heaven's Gifts they're $40.00.

Even with standard 510s, we're talking 5 batteries/year @ $50ish, plus atomizers at $10/per ~3months, so $90/year. Compare to $5/year and roughly $160 for atomizers on the 601. Maybe you'll get more millage out of your atty than most, but still. As long as you accept the economic reality, fantastic. I'd be hip to a pipe style if it was more cost effective to operate.

betasa

Jun 22, 2011
SABA
One DSE601 burned atty, second one on best path to burn (at the moment just bunning the taste).
DSE601 has no spatre or removable atty, pipe by itself is "atty", mean you have to change pipe body to get new atty.
I didn't try Jazz Pipe, but looks very solid with exch. atty (510 or other).

I think Jazz is good choice, by the way DSE601 atty (body) cost cca 30$ plus transport and other costs.
So, if you sumarize costs including spare atty's you will reach Jazz price faster than expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread