Dulce for the Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Ok...so a lot of the BWB vets are probably going to laugh at this, cuz about every 30 or 40 days I find I have a new BWB favorite. First it was Cherry tobacco, then RY4, and for a while now I have sworn by vanilla bean and Maple tobacco (not together necessarily, but that works too).

Recently I have been on an absolute Dulce De Leche BENDER. Yeah, a bender....there really isn't any other word for it. I made a 15ml bottle disappear in just the last couple days. Now this isn't the first time that Dulce and I have danced either. I already knew this was a prime grade A joose. But WOW...when did it get THIS good? Don failed to send me a memo on this! I know my taste buds are constantly changing now that they work again, but how did I miss this for the last few months? Why is it only just this week that I thought to myself..."hmmm, Dulce De Leche....been a while...probably should break that bottle out and try it again" ?? And why now do I seem to love it so much more than I did the last time?

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
I know the feeling Phorb, I've said this over and over. I didn't get Casa for the longest time, one day I pulled out my 4 month old bottle and I was amazed. The stuff was great.
I have learned to NEVER give up on Don's Brew. You just never know when you will fall in love.

Last edited:

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I do the same thing, Phorb... RY4, Casa, Maple Tob, Cherry Tob, Coffees... gone on benders with each! Before, I've only been able to go on benders with 1-2 flavors from a vendor... but I've found several from BWB!!

I have some Dulce from 4/22 that really is fantastic... yumm! Almost smells like a sweet caramel liquor.

Also, try 2:1 rootbeer:dulce... you can thank me later : D

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I've gone off on tangents on: cafe mocha, cappucino, espresso, e joker, vanilla bean, applewood, and the never-ending love affair with malty toffee. Today i'm all over root beer. This all fits in line with a question my non-vaping wife posed last night. Why is it as smokers we obsessively MUST have our one and only brand/flavor, but as vapers we obsessively MUST have a constant variety of flavors? The obvious reason is the awakened taste buds, but something tells me there's more to it than that. Anyone have a better explanation?

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I've gone off on tangents on: cafe mocha, cappucino, espresso, e joker, vanilla bean, applewood, and the never-ending love affair with malty toffee. Today i'm all over root beer. This all fits in line with a question my non-vaping wife posed last night. Why is it as smokers we obsessively MUST have our one and only brand/flavor, but as vapers we obsessively MUST have a constant variety of flavors? The obvious reason is the awakened taste buds, but something tells me there's more to it than that. Anyone have a better explanation?

I dont know, if I could get RY4 by the 55-gallon drum I could just vape that...

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I do the same thing, Phorb... RY4, Casa, Maple Tob, Cherry Tob, Coffees... gone on benders with each! Before, I've only been able to go on benders with 1-2 flavors from a vendor... but I've found several from BWB!!

I have some Dulce from 4/22 that really is fantastic... yumm! Almost smells like a sweet caramel liquor.

Also, try 2:1 rootbeer:dulce... you can thank me later : D

Yup.. I came up with the Dulce/Root Bear as a "Root Beer Float" way back.

Great minds

I've been mixing vanilla bean with cola or rootbeer for a long time, never thought of trying them with Dulce instead though...great idea....methinks I'll have to give that a spin later! Thanks for the tip

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
How old is your Dulce, Phorbin? I keep trying mine (born on 5/4) and I can't get past the flowery taste. Reminds me of a funeral home. Maybe I'll drip a couple of drops today and try it again. I LOVE the Vanilla Bean though.

born on dates of 01/17/2011 and 03/02/2011. They are both steeped enough that I can't hardly tell them apart now. but I can tell them apart from when they were both newborn!

I know the feeling Phorb, I've said this over and over. I didn't get Casa for the longest time, one day I pulled out my 4 month old bottle and I was amazed. The stuff was great.
I have learned to NEVER give up on Don's Brew. You just never know when you will fall in love.

Nope, you never know. Unlike some joose I've bought I have never once dumped Dons jooses down the drain and unless I run out of cool dark places to store my stash, I probably never will.

Its a true phenomena, it happens to a lot of the vapers I talk to. Personally, I agree that it has something to do with the fact that our taste buds work again, so now we really want to use them. Just my humble opinion on that subject.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY

I was thinking about this yesterday. Though most often I enjoy the variety of the juices, I sometimes long for the simplicity of only one or two favorite brands.

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
Had to jump in on your thread and say that Dulce=crack. I cannot put this stuff down, if it was as fattening as it tastes I would be house-bound by now. Since I ordered it with Coconut, I've been mixing it with that periodically and oh.........my........

Seriously, how can this stuff be not just better, but incomparably, completely different from everything else I've tried? My bottle of Malty Toffee that I was planning to steep has been hijacked by my spouse, I can't even get near the stuff, I'm going to have to order like a gallon to get any for myself! But it's ok, as long as he leaves me my Dulce we can stay married and not have to get a lawyer to split up the BWB.

Last edited:

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Had to jump in on your thread and say that Dulce=crack. I cannot put this stuff down, if it was as fattening as it tastes I would be house-bound by now. Since I ordered it with Coconut, I've been mixing it with that periodically and oh.........my........

Seriously, how can this stuff be not just better, but incomparably, completely different from everything else I've tried? My bottle of Malty Toffee that I was planning to steep has been hijacked by my spouse, I can't even get near the stuff, I'm going to have to order like a gallon to get any for myself! But it's ok, as long as he leaves me my Dulce we can stay married and not have to get a lawyer to split up the BWB.

rumor has it that a couple that vapes together uhmmmmm (rhymes with vape? cape? capes together? makes no sense......I got nuthin') whatever, you get the idea.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Hrmm...following this thread I am tempted to try mine. I tried it the day it came, and its been over a month. Should I do it? Will I fall in love and overindulge? Hrm...I don't have work tommorow, i suppose I can stay up all night and vape Don's juice of the gods. Though that Cafe Mocha thread has seen me vaping that. Oh I need an excuse to get rid of all my 12mg juices anyway, I since learned 6mg is the only way to go with Don's juices for myself - but i simply cannot stop vaping them.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I hear you... every few months my top BWB flavors change... it was applewood, hfn, malty and ry4 for so long... now I cannot live without vanilla, dulce and cola.... I still vape the others... but just not at the pace of the newer ones.

i've been slowly drifting away from tobacco vapes toward sweeter vapes. I still need my RY4 and Maple Bacco fix now and then but like you i've been hitting the Dulce and Vanilla pretty hard, some cola, rootbeer, a few sweet vapes from other vendors that made their way into my collection during that brief period where don was basically sold out of everything (LOL, sorry Don). It really is interesting how peoples preferences for juice flavors changes with time.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
Out of the blue, I pulled out one of my less favorite flavors yesterday. I know I'll be in the minority here with this, but that flavor was applewood tobacco. And I mean "was". For some reason, it was the absolute PERFECT juice yesterday. The more I think about the constant flavor changing, the more I wonder if perhaps it takes way longer for our taste buds to heal than anybody realizes...

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
We probably all experienced that. My first flavor was from a local vendor, a Chinese juice called Double Chocolate Donut. I loved that little bottle, so I ordered a big bottle. And of course, I got tired of it, my healing taste buds realized how icky it was, and I moved on. Don't we all have a story like that? I still have that stuff. It's almost 6 months old now. I smelled it yesterday and bleah. Nasty. I can't imagine contaminating any of my attys with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread