Dvarw v2 dry hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiluid

May 9, 2017
Bulgaria
Hello, guys!

I need again your opinions on this new vape issue.

I have a Dvarw v2 with top fill Steam Tunners cap for almost a year. I learned how to build it and wick it. Close the juice control when filling and so on.

Everything seemed ok and then, a couple of weeks ago, without any changes, just after filling the tank, I get slight dry hits for some puffs.
After that it's ok again till the end of the tank capacity.

Can't explain why and is it a common thing. Is someone struggled with that?

The set is as follows:
SS316L, 28ga, 2.5mm, 8wraps, 0.75ohm, 16w
Vampire Vape, Catapult, 7%, 55/45, 9mg

I tried to leave the juice control 1mm opened while filling, but I get a little flood.
I tried to take some hits with air vent stuffed with a finger, but with a small effect.

I'll appreciate your comments and help!

Best regards & vape on,
Zlatil

pico 75w dvarw v2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hello, guys!

I need again your opinions on this new vape issue.

I have a Dvarw v2 with top fill Steam Tunners cap for almost a year. I learned how to build it and wick it. Close the juice control when filling and so on.

Everything seemed ok and then, a couple of weeks ago, without any changes, just after filling the tank, I get slight dry hits for some puffs.
After that it's ok again till the end of the tank capacity.

Can't explain why and is it a common thing. Is someone struggled with that?

The set is as follows:
SS316L, 28ga, 2.5mm, 8wraps, 0.75ohm, 16w
Vampire Vape, Catapult, 7%, 55/45, 9mg

I tried to leave the juice control 1mm opened while filling, but I get a little flood.
I tried to take some hits with air vent stuffed with a finger, but with a small effect.

I'll appreciate your comments and help!

Best regards & vape on,
Zlatil

View attachment 947029

Hi Zlatil,

Try filling your Dvarw, but not all the way to the very top, leave a little extra room for an air pocket and see if you still get those few dry hits right after filling. Maybe you are filling it too much. Just a thought Mate.

If that doesn't resolve your problem I would temporarily remove the Steam Tuners top fill and go back to the original Dvarw tank to try and figure out exactly where the problem is. Vape your Dvarw with that and see where you are at. That way you would know if it's something to do with the ST's top cap. If you don't get any dry hits with that then you know it's something to do with setup of the Steam Tuners cap.

If you are still getting the occasional dry hit try a little less wick in your coil. I mean, to me it sounds like you know what you are doing with building your Dvarw so that's just something I would try with mine if I had the same problem.

It's not a common problem. I have several Dvarw's and never get dry hits. Only difference is I don't use any of the Steam Tuners caps. With the Steam Tuners cap you should be closing the juice flow control all the way before filling or you will have flooding as you experienced.

Good luck. Let us know what you find.

Cheers

tiluid

May 9, 2017
Bulgaria
Hi and thanks for your replies!

@ShowMeTwice, after your post, I remembered that I began to get dry hits after I started filling to the very top. And when I tried leaving bigger air pocket the dry hits are gone. So your first advice fixed the problem! You rock, man, thank you! :thumb:

It's alright now!

Stay cool & vape on :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread