• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

e-cig kiosk at Southridge Mall / MKE area

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I was listening to Vicki on the radio today (er; well, Monday's show) and she was doing ads for an e-cig kiosk at Southridge Mall, out front of Boston store. It was called something like "A&M Smoking Solutions".

Gee; guess who has to go to the mall in the morning anyway!!

I'm 99.9% sure they'll be a Smoke Everywhere/Anywhere site, but maybe they'll at least have juice!! LOL

I'll be sure to report back!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I was listening to Vicki on the radio today (er; well, Monday's show) and she was doing ads for an e-cig kiosk at Southridge Mall, out front of Boston store. It was called something like "A&M Smoking Solutions".

Gee; guess who has to go to the mall in the morning anyway!!

I'm 99.9% sure they'll be a Smoke Everywhere/Anywhere site, but maybe they'll at least have juice!! LOL

I'll be sure to report back!

Whoa!!! I'm going to Southridge this weekend! Wanna meet up?

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Whoa!!! I'm going to Southridge this weekend! Wanna meet up?

Get out!! Really?? What in the world would bring you down to this neck of the woods?
Which day are you coming? The way things sit now, I can make either day!! WoooHoo!! Saturday should be a sure thing; if hubby comes back early on Sunday from his dad's, that could throw a kink into things since it's Father's Day...but heck; he's not my dad! LOL

=================

I went and checked out the kiosk today.

After reading stories here on ECF & hearing about unscrupulous men running them in other areas of the country, I was loaded for bear.
So, here I am, armed with my 510, PCC and I'm going to WOW this guy into leaving the kiosk right there and then and heck; maybe even give me some juice just for showing him the light.

One of these days, I'll have to realize no matter what the situation, it never ends up the way I think it will....it's always opposite....LOL

I walk up & it's a "Smoke Everywhere" kiosk. They have 2 video screens set up....there's no customers around and I just kind of go up and appear to be watching the video. Then I see her; this nice looking young lady working the kiosk..... and she appears to be sooo nice.....and my gut tells me exactly what's going on...

"Do you smoke?" she asks in a kind of timid way.....
"Yes......." oh wait! NO I DON'T!! LOL But, let's see where this goes....
"Would you like to try one? I have a sanitized one here just for people to try...."
I decline. Although, looking back, maybe it would have peaked the interested of those passing by.....
Instead, I listen to her schtick....poor thing...but, she's young and the kiosk is new.
Although I did think about pulling out my cryptonite when she informed me that 1 Smoke Everywhere cart = 20 cigarettes (does she realize this is a pack?? LOL), I refrained. Something about her pulled at my heart strings (having spent my entire adult life in the customer service industry does that to me....I cut a lot of slack, but at the same time, don't take a lot of crap....and this girl deserved slack...)

I finally asked her if she smoked. She did admit she didn't. What happened was she saw the SE at a mall down in Texas, bought her boyfriend one & was so impressed by them, they decided to invest in this venture.
I asked for a business card; she gave me a SE one & a flier and encouraged me to read up on e-cigs on the internet. How many times I have read on here how people purchase SE, only to come online, discover ECF and have buyers remorse??

But, that made me smile. They had the guts to invest their $$ to promote something they believe in. Do I like their particular product?? I didn't step up & try their product when it was offered to me, so I'd have to decline comment. But, 2 batteries, 1 atty and maybe 50-100 pre-filled carts for $150, or, they have a 1 complete PV set for around $100...???
But hey; you get what you pay for - instant gratification.
So, over all, I will do everything short of purchase from them to keep them at the mall and at least get the word out.
OK; that may be a lie if I suddenly find myself completely out of PV devices LOL

They don't carry juice or even mention topping/dripping, but they do have pre-filled flavored carts for the SE. Guess if I was really starved for juice, I could get some of their carts (I think they averaged out to be about $1 each - in packs of 5 or 10??), pull the wool and put them through a blunt syringe to squeeze the juice out of them LOL

Which leads me back to Vick's announcement that she's going to be in my neck of the woods this weekend. I did see the post this morning before I headed out, but didn't have a chance to respond. I had originally thought "of course! we'll meet at the SE kiosk!". But then I started thinking that may be a little disrespectful to be using other devices around their kiosk (there's a Starbucks in that area, and I thought we'd chat over caffene and nicotine LOL). But, on the flip side; using other devices shows that we aren't out there shilling for SE, and it might actually help their sales, which in turn would get others to get on the PV band wagon.

Yes; I warned you that I over think things!!

Looking back; I handled the whole thing totally wrong. What I should have done is gone up to her, told her I was a vaper and was glad that they were available at the mall; how I learned about e-cigs from Vicki McKenna and how it was their ad on her show that alerted me to the fact that they were there.
That's what happens when I leave the house with attitude <sigh>.

And once again, you have had to sit through another of my late night ramblings LOL

So, that's my 'report' on what I believe is the first WI mall kiosk selling e-cigs!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Mlr

This might be our chance to educate the poor young thing to skip the "company" rhetoric - I mean - SE might have sold them the gear and the franchise, but how they run the kisok (as far as advertising and representation) is still up to THEM.

I would like to meet this lady, and try to get her eyes opened as far as what e-cigs really do, and how to present her product honestly and openly. Is she going to charge more? Yes, absolutely, as she's got overhead expenses with the mall rent (brrrrr....major money for one of them little kisoks!!) but she's going to be a lot of people's first intro to E-Cigs in Wisconsin, and like it or not, public opinion in this state is GOING to be formed from how she represents her product.

I'd like to head off a potential problem if at all possible, and if she seems a bit unsure of herself and open to suggestons, let's take her "under our wing" and offer some real assistance.

Have you ever had a franchise opportunity? I've done a bit of independent sales (Real Estate and Jewelry sales) and when you're an independent contractor hawking product, you are very much on your own with a slim notebook of "how to promote your product" and limited support. And - the parent company charges you for everything.

Saturday, I will make my way down to Southridge (on south 76th, right? I don't get down that way often, but I think I'm thinking of the right area). I'm pretty open as to the time....so.... I'll let you pick...

Time and place to meet, Mlr? Let's proceed with our missions of meet -n- mercy.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
As always Vicks, I loved everything you said!!
===================================

To be honest, the only knowledge I've had of SE is what I've read on the ECF board. I looked into them a little more today, and to be honest, for someone who's just getting their feet wet in the crazy world of vaping, it is the way to go.
Sure, for us, $150 for only 2 batteries & 1 atty is a lot, BUT, to the untrained newbie, no shipping involved; they get it and are ready to go; prefilled carts and they have 1 year warrantee on both batts and attys.

Yah; we may be paying less, but after 14 days, we are on our own & we can't just run to the mall for parts. Hmmm...maybe SE is the way to go!! LOL

See; I knew in the back of my mind that when I'm sooooo sure something's going to be one way, I get my eyes opened!! LOL

I say yah; let's meet by the SE cart and make new friends!!

===============================================

Yes; Southridge is the one on 76th. Since you have the longer drive, you pick the time. I was thinking noonish, but we're completely flexible!!!

How exciting!

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
As always Vicks, I loved everything you said!!
===================================

To be honest, the only knowledge I've had of SE is what I've read on the ECF board. I looked into them a little more today, and to be honest, for someone who's just getting their feet wet in the crazy world of vaping, it is the way to go.
Sure, for us, $150 for only 2 batteries & 1 atty is a lot, BUT, to the untrained newbie, no shipping involved; they get it and are ready to go; prefilled carts and they have 1 year warrantee on both batts and attys.

Yah; we may be paying less, but after 14 days, we are on our own & we can't just run to the mall for parts. Hmmm...maybe SE is the way to go!! LOL

See; I knew in the back of my mind that when I'm sooooo sure something's going to be one way, I get my eyes opened!! LOL

I say yah; let's meet by the SE cart and make new friends!!

===============================================

Yes; Southridge is the one on 76th. Since you have the longer drive, you pick the time. I was thinking noonish, but we're completely flexible!!!

How exciting!

Noonish works for me......see ya there!

yknotagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2009
Kenosha, WI
Amber's parents are good friends of mine. It was hilarious when they had me meet them a few weeks ago at the Kenosha Yacht Club for drinks. I walked in vaping and Donna puller her SE kit out to show me - we were both ready to convert each other to vaping. The Yacht Club btw is non-smoking, but had no objections to the PVs

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Amber's parents are good friends of mine. It was hilarious when they had me meet them a few weeks ago at the Kenosha Yacht Club for drinks. I walked in vaping and Donna puller her SE kit out to show me - we were both ready to convert each other to vaping. The Yacht Club btw is non-smoking, but had no objections to the PVs

That awesome, yknot - vaping is the future of nico use - I firmly believe that....and to have you ready to "convert" each other.....fab!

Welcome to the Cheddar Curtain....glad to see you here. Pull up a barstool, have a cold one & a brat......

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Amber and her boyfriend own that franchise.

How cool, YKnot!
BTW; likewise, WELCOME! It's been a busy summer thus far so I haven't been on much, but I noticed we had a new member.....and finally someone in MY neck of the woods! LOL

Do you know if their franchise only allows them to sell SE, or can they sell other models too (thinking 901, 510, etc)

Did you and Donna discuss prices? I was just curious what they thought about their prices vs what we can get them for online? To me, that's the biggest draw back....

yknotagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2009
Kenosha, WI
From what her parents were able to tell me it sounds like they can only sell SE, but may be open to other in the future. They were shocked at the price difference and I didn't want to rub it in and lose friends lol.

I'm now selling some 401/402's and parts in my store as well as a few 510 items. Slow starting, but I know it takes time for the word to spread.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
They were shocked at the price difference and I didn't want to rub it in and lose friends lol.

I'm now selling some 401/402's and parts in my store as well as a few 510 items. Slow starting, but I know it takes time for the word to spread.

Really?? I don't know what the supplier/store rules are on ECF, but could you PM me the name of your store? I may have to make a trip down south when/if I run out of some parts!! LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I was at Southridge not too long ago, and the kiosk was gone. I was a bit confused. Anyone know what happened?

When I was there last week, there were some new kiosks in that area that kind of camo'd them, but they were still there.
We'll be going there tomorrow. Hope it was just a case of them playing hide & seek from ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread