Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I can't recall reading this before:

"The WHO Study Group on tobacco Product Regulation strongly recommended that these class of products not be exempted from clean air laws that restrict cigarette smoke exposure until adequate evidence is provided to assure the regulatory authority that use of the product will not expose people to toxic emissions."

If regulators follow this advice right away, then e-smokers will be tossed outside with tobacco smokers. There are no tests on our exhaled emissions.

So much for "smoking anywhere" if this concern is adopted.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
I wrote to the author of that piece when it first appeared and asked her where she got that quote but I was never given a reply. still WHO later said the same thing in their response to Alain's questions on e-cigtest, that this is what they would be advising member nations come June I think. But will they be advising against the practice of using fog machines in night clubs and on theatrical sets?.....my guess - no.

monkeynutz

Nov 14, 2008
KY, USA
I'm not sure they did much research really. Hell the article even states that a cartridge is equivalent to a pack of cigs which can't be true unless he's selling e-cigars perhaps (not familiar with the brand mentioned). It would be a ..... to get slapped with the same regulations, especially since we all know that the vapor doesn't linger like smoke, although I suppose that's really just a visual thing and might not have any bearing on the actual health risks. Personally I use my e-cig at work discretely all the time. My co-workers know about it, but customers wouldn't know I just took a few drags moments ago. I've even found that if you exhale slowly through your nose the vapor becomes invisible. I'm actually somehwat eager to be disillusioned or vindicated on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread