E-Juice Steep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazroth

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Oklahoma City
How important is it to let your juice steep, before vaping it?

I find the longer I let a juice steep the deeper the flavor is, I've made up and used some DIY when I was out of pre-made, but I find if I let a juice sit a few days or even a week or two, it really brings out the flavor on mixed blends etc.

Vaz

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
If the juice flavor is improperly mixed then let it "steep". The flavors will loose strength after a while and have a weaker taste later on.

If I purchase a flavored juice I expect the flavor to be right when it arrives at my mail box, not after I let it "steep" for a while. Don't fall for the "steeping" excuse.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
As a DIY'er who has limited experience with commercial juice, having only bought 3 bottles of the stuff, I have found that steeping beyond a matter of a day or two only serves to make the juice worse. As a matter of fact I try to vape only fresh juice and I find that I get the most flavor out of it. As time goes on, and it sits and bakes inside my tanks - that which is not vaped, and added fresh juice anew, gets relegated to my cartomizers, which I vape because I am not wasteful and it still has nicotine in it, even though it tastes like garbage.

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
As a DIY'er who has limited experience with commercial juice, having only bought 3 bottles of the stuff, I have found that steeping beyond a matter of a day or two only serves to make the juice worse. As a matter of fact I try to vape only fresh juice and I find that I get the most flavor out of it. As time goes on, and it sits and bakes inside my tanks - that which is not vaped, and added fresh juice anew, gets relegated to my cartomizers, which I vape because I am not wasteful and it still has nicotine in it, even though it tastes like garbage.

Were the 3 bottles of commercial juice you purchased made to order or pre-mixed? I've never had a juice taste worse after steeping, some don't improve, but none have gotten worse.

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
The suppliers of eliquid who have been in the industry the longest, do NOT require any "steeping" at all. IMO, those suppliers who require their elqiud to be steeped to be any good, are just getting the consumer to do their job for them.

Are you talking about suppliers who sell pre-mixed or made to order juice? Someone like Ms T's juices definitely benefit from steeping and they've been in the game a fair while.

GAlt

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
VA Beach, USA
wth is steeping??
are we like dipping out juice bottles in hot water for days?

i'm new to this, but i think you air yer bottle out for a period of time (a day or two?) in a dark place (cabinet) and then close it up and just let it sit in the dark for another extended period of time (a week or more?).

someone feel free to correct me, i'm sure i got some part of that wrong.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I know I mixed some of my own, my first thought was that it was un-vapable, absolutely disgusting. Even though I had carefully read and understood what quantities to use and in my opinion was dealing with high quality ingredients. I thought there must be some secret techniques of the juice makers that allowed them to sell juice that actually tasted good. But that didn't really make sense. So I read some more,found out about steeping. I tossed my DIY juice into a cup of near boiling water, let it cool, then tossed it on a closet shelf for a cople of days. Result? Perfectly excellent juice,I'm vaping it right now. Was that the best technique? I don't know,it's just what I did. But the difference between this and what it was freshly made, there is no comparison. I also agree that if I pay retail for ready to go juice,it should be ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread