E-Liquid Dilemna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
Ok, as a couple of you who helped me pick out my flavors know, I am new to vaping. So new, that my order from Virgin Vapor that will be here tomorrow is my very first e-liquid purchase. I have read in so many places about the benefit to steeping & really want to make sure I bring out the best of the flavors so that I give them the chance they deserve. But at the same time...I don't want to wait a week or more to start vaping. If I set these aside & ordered more liquid, I would be in the same boat. Until I have a rolling stock of juices, I won't be able to properly steep them all. Should I steep them for a couple days & dip into them as I need them? Fill a tank or a couple cartomizers then set the rest aside? Opinions? Advice?

PS: I am a bit OCD about certain things & trying to get things perfect is one of those things. I drive myself crazy a lot. :blink:

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
Which flavors would you get again? Most are fine right out of the bottle. Fill up a couple of cartomizers and just keep going... you'll just find that some juices might taste better by the time you reach the end of the bottle.
I can't remember all of the flavors I bought for this first order...Not-So-Virgin Eggnog, Vanilla Peach Swirl, Root Beer Float, Spearmint Kiss, Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Chai Latte, Dark Roast Turkish Coffee, & a few more that I can't remember right now. My next order will have several of the flavors recommended by you, Bella Amaretto, Butter Creme Mint, etc. So if I just shake them well, let them breath overnight, then cap them & be sure to shake them each time before a refill, they should still gain some short term benefits to an already great flavor as well as get better over time. Do they need to be kept in a cool dark place?

No need to torture yourself... Dig in immediately.
My anxiety is already at full with a brand new ProVari sitting at home that has never been used...

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Just my opinion...
The Bella Amaretto, Blk Cherry Marshmallow and Pillow Dreams are the few out of the 30+ flavors I've tried that are great right outta the mail.... but they also get even more amazing with extra "Bloom" (steeping) time!!! They're good go-tos when you're running low and need to vape asap... oh and they're sooo sooo good and flavorful too!

I used to smoke menthols and found it wasn't really the menthol or mint i was attracted to... it was the nicotine. I sampled a lot of fruits and dessert flavors i liked to discover my current favs. I tried mints and newport flavors initially and thought they tasted disgusting... haven't looked back! I think you'll love Annettes flavors no matter which ones you decide on... they're tasty, satisfying and the best quality you'll find.

Just taste test them every few days till they hit that sweet spot you love. Keep shaking, store in a dark area and put a tiny drop on your finger to taste. They often smell different than they taste so you can't go by smell alone.

Another suggestion... buy a few empty glass bottles at VV, label them and fill with juice from your larger bottles so they Bloom quicker. Smaller bottles and/or lesser quantity will Bloom much quicker than say a full 1oz bottle. Personally, I break down ea 1oz bottle into at least 2 smaller bottles and they bloom so much faster (I've tested it!)

You're gonna have lots of fun... so just enjoy! :thumbs: There's really no right or wrong. Also might want to get some Smok Tech single coil cartos or Boge's for flavor testing and just to have another method for vaping. You'll find good directions for the push or condom fill method for the cartos. They're a must have. Good luck!

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
Thanks! I will start some tasting tomorrow then! I did purchase a couple Atomizers from ProVape to drip taste the flavors before filling my ViVi Tank or Cartos up. Fortunately for me, I not only discovered these forums & all the helpful info in them, but my brother-in-law who just moved in with me has been vaping for a few years now so I get a good pool of information.

I also used to smoke menthols because I liked how much stronger they were than regular cigarettes, plus the minty addition to a drag was nice. I plan to experiment with several mint flavors as I like most mint anyway.

Again...thanks to everyone that has helped me get started!

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
Cool...I plan on using a Plano single layer tackle/storage box as I do with jewelry. Once my order shows up tomorrow I will size up the largest bottle then hit up Amazon. I will probably keep them on a shelf in my closet since it stays pretty dark in there most of the time. Now if it were only tomorrow already...

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Just chiming in to add...if you ordered sampler sizes, they are pre-mixed and should be nicely steeped and ready to vape. The smaller the bottle, the less steeping time! Sometimes I'll transfer juice from the big bottle to a smaller bottle so it will steep faster. :)

ETA: Thank you, Sunshyne, for the reminder...be sure to shake your vape before using! :)

Last edited:

DesertHogRider

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Southern Arizona, USA
I don't have the patience or the built up stock to wait but I do both.....I vape right out the mail & then let them steep open & continue to use :) but I buy 1 oz bottles usually. 1/2 oz bottles if I just want to taste a new flavor.

The samplers don't do it for me at such a low level of nicotine. I bought 20 samplers when I first discovered VV & ended up tasting, taking notes & giving them to someone who actually vapes that level full time.

Of the one's you listed above...Butter Cream Mint, Spearmint are good right away. i just got Chocolate Cake & dripped the old fashioned way to taste...so far not tasting "choc cake" so I'm waiting to retry that one. I haven't tried the others you listed.

I just leave my bottles opened on my bathroom vanity with the droppers on a qaurter folded paper towel. I cap & lightly shake daily. I like Sunshyne's idea of blooming in the small bottles...I have purchased a few of those. great idea!

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
6 of the bottles that I ordered are of the sample size...the rest are in the 1/4 oz bottles. I didn't buy anything full size to start since I am unsure which I will like & if the nicotine level will be enough for me. I plan on saving any of the bottles I empty & cleaning them out to re-use in the future since they are glass & not plastic. This should work perfect in the event that I buy a larger bottle of juice that needs split up to steep faster.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
6 of the bottles that I ordered are of the sample size...the rest are in the 1/4 oz bottles. I didn't buy anything full size to start since I am unsure which I will like & if the nicotine level will be enough for me. I plan on saving any of the bottles I empty & cleaning them out to re-use in the future since they are glass & not plastic. This should work perfect in the event that I buy a larger bottle of juice that needs split up to steep faster.

Well done!
clapping.gif

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
!! you are so lucky to be buying from virgin vapor first! I tried like two other companies before I found it and so I have ... all these nasty flavors that are all pg and I can't use. lol
I've been trying to go through them but ... no
they taste horrible and make my mouth hurt so bad I finally went out and bought real cigarettes.
:(

anyway I'm sure you won't be disappointed the flavors I have tried have all been fantastic and flavorful.
I went through the sample packs faster than I could order them lol

anyway with the sample sizes I'm sure you'll find one or two or even three favorites lol
What nic level did u get? I started with 18 and it was too much. I kept getting light-headed and borderline high off of vaping lol down to 11 or 12 mg now that seems much better

I used to smoke a pack a day and so I thought I'd need a higher level but eh 12 seems fine

reusing the glass bottles is an awesome idea! I really like the glass bottles compared to the plastic it's so luxurious lol

I guess I'd say that virgin vapor is gourmet vaping imo lol a little pricey compared to the junky china stuff but soo worth it- and well u have to pay more for organic foods, so why not organic vapes lol

Last edited:

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
I can't remember all of the flavors I bought for this first order...Not-So-Virgin Eggnog, Vanilla Peach Swirl, Root Beer Float, Spearmint Kiss, Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Chai Latte, Dark Roast Turkish Coffee, & a few more that I can't remember right now. My next order will have several of the flavors recommended by you, Bella Amaretto, Butter Creme Mint, etc. So if I just shake them well, let them breath overnight, then cap them & be sure to shake them each time before a refill, they should still gain some short term benefits to an already great flavor as well as get better over time. Do they need to be kept in a cool dark place?

My anxiety is already at full with a brand new ProVari sitting at home that has never been used...

mix the chai with the chocolate cake!!! it's soooo good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread