E-Liquid Flavor mixing question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
Hello everyone!

I have read and watched many e-liquid mixing tutorials and there's one thing that I just can't figure out..

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]How can we talk about flavors in aspect of percentages when they come in completely different concentrations? For example, 1 drop of LorAnn Oil Key Lime concentrate overwhelms 10ml of unflavored e-juice. That's 0.5% flavoring. This makes me wonder why flavors are even part of the calculation process? I hear people using 10% and even 20% of flavoring in their mixing. How can a calculator possibly know the strength of the concentrate when all you are inputing is percentage? Couldn't 1% of one brand of flavoring be stronger than 20% of another brand's?

Am I missing something?

Thank you!
Gene

[/FONT]

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
welcome to ECF Gene ... no you are not missing much ... it all boils down to practice.

Each concentrate will be different ... I am new at DIY, so I am working with single flavours only right now.

I made 5 different flavours ... 10ml bottle of ea with 10% flavour @50/50 PG 12mg nic

only the Blueberry Extra from TFA was a little weak ... so I bumped it to 15%

I now have 50ml of vapeable juice ... been vaping this Blueberry all day so far :vapor:

bottom line ... practice with small Qtys and small percentages :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread