Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Hi all

First of all apologies if there is a similar post…I am away working in West Africa and the net is horrific so after a little search (taking for ever I settled on a new post).

I have bought an E-vic, plus an 18350 mod tube for the shorter battery. I have also bought a Cobra rba (first foray into an RBA)!

I would like to know is anyone is using theE vic with the Cobra, and what there thoughts are / any niggles….. or do you need an adaptor for the two to work together?

Plus I have heard the E-Vic wont go lower than 2 ohms – so what if the wrap on the RBA is only 1.4 Ohms, will it not fire????

I am currently using a BB with the usual pre built atty combinations, so this new RBA and VW / VV gear is all new to me! :0/

Also, I am (tying) to source some AW IMR 18350 batteries, and heard good news on the AW IMR 18490 batteries, and wondered if these will fit into a 18350 tube?

One final question – does the Cobra RBA leak if you lay it down on its side? If it does leak is there any way to prevent this via any mod??

Cheers in advance friends !

Phil

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Plus I have heard the E-Vic wont go lower than 2 ohms – so what if the wrap on the RBA is only 1.4 Ohms, will it not fire????

Also, I am (tying) to source some AW IMR 18350 batteries, and heard good news on the AW IMR 18490 batteries, and wondered if these will fit into a 18350 tube?

Phil

1) The eVic has fired my atties as low as 1.2ohm for me. I don't think I've tried to run anything lower than that.

2) 18490 batteries are WAY too long to fit in an 18350 tube. You will need 18350 batteries. I have used AW IMR button tops and Efest flat tops with the short tube.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Should have read as raise voltage. Yes wattage will auto adjust.
Like any/all electronic devices there are subtle differences from unit to unit. I own(2) eVic. For some reason one does not like to operate below about 1.5ohm and will, at times refuse to fire a DCC @ 1.7ohm. The other unit has never refused to fire, so far.

So, Will yours fire @ 1.2ohm.............maybe. If not just raise the resistance to whatever it will fire minimum.

Remember most people got into LOW ohms to get 3.7v MODs to do a decent job. Now the think everything MUST fire that low when in reality the increase in power will give the same effect with a higher ohm coil.:D

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Hi

Thanks for the informative replies Crxess, Justinred and Adeline :)

Do / have you guys used a Cobra with an eVic? I was wondering in a needed a plinth to make everything flush and look nice

So is there no way to stop a RBA from leaking on its side? I have heard talk of skirt mods but not really looked into it as ive been in Africa since January 1st

Cheers

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread