Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hiya,

Does anyone here have an easy recipe to make a nice menthol vape?
Flavor brands I have available are TPA, Capelle and Inawera.

The goal is to get a similar menthol taste as with menthol cigs.

Thanks a lot!
Sjoerd
Hi mate,
A mix of Inawera DNB and TFA menthol should get you close. 1% and 2% respectively.
You may need to add a bit of mint of your choice or koolada to round out the flavor profile.

HTH
I

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi mate,
A mix of Inawera DNB and TFA menthol should get you close. 1% and 2% respectively.
You may need to add a bit of mint of your choice or koolada to round out the flavor profile.

HTH
I
Would RY4 double do instead of Inawera DNB?
Let's say 5% RY4 double and 2% TFA Menthol?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Would RY4 double do instead of Inawera DNB?
Let's say 5% RY4 double and 2% TFA Menthol?
If your menthol cigarettes taste of caramel, vanilla and mild tobacco plus menthol...then try the DRY-4.
I would try putting a drop or two of menthol in 10ml of some mature DRY-4 and see how it goes.

Cheers
I
Do you have a bottle of TFA Menthol in the stash already?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
is TFA Menthol that strong that 1 drop per 10 ml can have such effect?
I don’t know about TFA menthol specifically, but menthol is one of the “pure” flavorings, and as such can be very very strong. You can actually buy menthol crystals and dissolve them in alcohol.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
If your menthol cigarettes taste of caramel, vanilla and mild tobacco plus menthol...then try the DRY-4.
I would try putting a drop or two of menthol in 10ml of some mature DRY-4 and see how it goes.

Cheers
I
Do you have a bottle of TFA Menthol in the stash already?
Not yet, but will get it soon :)

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I don’t know about TFA menthol specifically, but menthol is one of the “pure” flavorings, and as such can be very very strong. You can actually buy menthol crystals and dissolve them in alcohol.
Yeah they have TFA crystals available as well, dissolving in PG should also work.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
is TFA Menthol that strong that 1 drop per 10 ml can have such effect?
Yes. The TPA menthol is so strong that 1 drop per 10mL is very noticeable. I don't even include it it as a percent ingredient in my recipes, just a note.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Not yet, but will get it soon :)
I have a bottle of TFA Menthol from cloudhouseflavours (cheers Nathan) you may have for free. (yes, it is very strong)
If you are interested, PM me your address and I'll post it off in a day or two. :thumbs:

Cheers
I

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I have a basic recipe I use for menthol tobacco.

Menthol (FW) 1%
DNB (INW) 1.5%
Virginia TA (INW) 1%
Dirty Smooth Tobacco (HS) 4%

Replace your tobacco with the Hangsen and either add or subtract menthol for your personal taste. I mix this for me and a friend and have not had any issues. I have subbed the dirty smooth for USA red at times to get a different tobacco note with the same 4%. It is good but I up the menthol to 2% when I do that. I do that to compensate for the menthol that menthol smooth has in the flavor itself. I do not have TFA menthol but the FW is pretty strong.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
menthol taste
Careful, might be best to error in too weak a menthol percentage in the mix to start out.
"V6. 'Menthol Mouth'
It is reported that the use of large amounts of menthol-containing e-liquids can result in the deadening of taste for a period, with the result that all refills become tasteless for a while or until menthol use is reduced or ceased. Cinnamon is also implicated."
re: A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    One of my fave mixes uses capella menthol. This isn't menthol crystals in pg, but an actual mint flavour.

I also smoked menthol cigarettes, so wanted something that was similar when I first quit. Now I just love this mix regardless and I've called it EnticeMint ;)

EnticeMint

Capella Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 5% (or TFA)
    Capella Vanilla Whipped Cream 5% (or TFA)
    Capella Menthol 2% (For more mint, go up to 2.5%)
    Capella Super Sweet 0.5%

Steep 3 days

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    I have a bottle of TFA Menthol from cloudhouseflavours (cheers Nathan) you may have for free. (yes, it is very strong)
    If you are interested, PM me your address and I'll post it off in a day or two. :thumbs:

Cheers
    I
    Thanks a lot for offering this TFA Menthol, but I dont want you to hassle for going to the post office..
    You are from Mallorca? Lovely! I lived there for 6 months!

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Thanks a lot for offering this TFA Menthol, but I dont want you to hassle for going to the post office..
    You are from Mallorca? Lovely! I lived there for 6 months!
    Cheers! The offer stands and I remain willing. :headbang:

I'm from the US, I escaped to Mallorca. :thumbs:

Cheers
    I

P.S. Thanks for the ZIP!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    One of my fave mixes uses capella menthol. This isn't menthol crystals in pg, but an actual mint flavour.

I also smoked menthol cigarettes, so wanted something that was similar when I first quit. Now I just love this mix regardless and I've called it EnticeMint ;)

EnticeMint

Capella Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 5% (or TFA)
    Capella Vanilla Whipped Cream 5% (or TFA)
    Capella Menthol 2% (For more mint, go up to 2.5%)
    Capella Super Sweet 0.5%

Steep 3 days

Stealing it!

lol.. looks good.. :) Thanks for sharing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread