Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Oplholik, we will certainly keep our eyes open. Will have to wait and see if it conflicts with VapeFest Vegas which should be announced soon I hope. Last year ECC did theirs on the same weekend and of course we were in Vegas. If its a choice between the two we would have to choose Vegas. The SoCal scene it seems is so entrenched in the rba stuff and honestly VapetoberFest in Long Beach last year was pretty terrible for us, the music was so loud we could not hear someone from across the table and the liquid vendors were throwing samples nearly causing crowds to knock down our displays. It wasnt a total wash as we did connect with quite a few folks but we did not know it was supposed to be a rave party.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Yeah, me too. I honestly dont know how ECC was run last year so maybe it will be very different, it really does depend on the organizers on how they set things up. VapetoberFest was a great event dont get me wrong, thousands of people had a great time. It was our misfortune to have been placed right in front of the stage about 20 feet from a loudspeaker pointed directly at us and across the isle from a liquid vendor who wasnt very smart about how he was passing out his samples.

There were complaints from other vendors at the far end of the room though so i know it wasnt just us old codgers bein cranky ;) Sad thing was they had a separate room where they could have done the music and the venue could have went off the way it should have where vendors could talk with folks and show what they brought. These events cost us quite a lot in both the table fees and of course travel and lodging. We have yet to make any money attending one but we go because it is great for connecting and of course we usually roll a mini vacation in with it which gives us a couple days off to have some fun.

Do you folks have any local meetups down Ontario way? We have been to a few Coffee shop or Vape Store meetups that were loads of fun and being a day trip are much easier for us to make.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
The only meetups I've been aware of were the ones in Riverside, but due to health reasons the last couple of years, I hadn't been able to make any of those. Haven't heard of any in a while tho. They were meeting at restaurant over there I believe. The wife and I would probably have been the oldest by far if we had been able to attended.(65++) :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was hoping to make it, but have been too under the weather, so I'm going to be missing it. Been waiting for months for this, oh well. :(

I sure hope you feel better oplholik.

I'm going on Friday. So if you can make it, look the guy in a Green Hawaiian with an ECF Sticker under his pocket.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Man, this snuck up. Heck we havent even heard anything on Fest for Vegas which I thought was inked but guess they havent put it together. Be too short notice now anyhow. Wish I could get down to ECC just as an attendee though it wont happen i am afraid. We have just been absolutely hammered on every front you might imagine these last few months, brother and dad both in the hospital right now, brother has been there four times in the last three months. Old family friend who is like another brother that had been working for me the last couple of years had a heart attack so one more hat for me to wear. The Mrs Sensei has been having some heart troubles so she has stepped up teaching the classes to keep the doors to the dojo open.

At least we have our health, in fact I would venture to say The Mrs and I might be in about the best health of our lives between gettin off the smokes and this last year watchin our food intake. We are both in the midrange of what would be considered normal for our size and age instead of far over like this time last year. Down nearly 80 lbs myself having broken the 200lb make a week or so ago, this mornings weigh in showed 195 :D I havent been under 200 in nearly 30 years. Wearing 36 square again feels good.

I would like to get together with your folks some time though, anyone have a favorite pizza place or something that is triple d delicious? Bonus points if it is vape friendly or has a patio.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Man, this snuck up. Heck we havent even heard anything on Fest for Vegas which I thought was inked but guess they havent put it together. Be too short notice now anyhow. Wish I could get down to ECC just as an attendee though it wont happen i am afraid. We have just been absolutely hammered on every front you might imagine these last few months, brother and dad both in the hospital right now, brother has been there four times in the last three months. Old family friend who is like another brother that had been working for me the last couple of years had a heart attack so one more hat for me to wear. The Mrs Sensei has been having some heart troubles so she has stepped up teaching the classes to keep the doors to the dojo open.

At least we have our health, in fact I would venture to say The Mrs and I might be in about the best health of our lives between gettin off the smokes and this last year watchin our food intake. We are both in the midrange of what would be considered normal for our size and age instead of far over like this time last year. Down nearly 80 lbs myself having broken the 200lb make a week or so ago, this mornings weigh in showed 195 :D I havent been under 200 in nearly 30 years. Wearing 36 square again feels good.

I would like to get together with your folks some time though, anyone have a favorite pizza place or something that is triple d delicious? Bonus points if it is vape friendly or has a patio.
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope all your friends and loved ones make a full and easy recovery. Congratulations on your milestones in healthy living, that must have taken quite a lot of dedication and vigilance. You should be very proud of each other as well as of yourselves, many weaker-willed individuals are unable to claim victory over even one of those accomplishments and hear you both are knock in' em down like they'd be minor errands lol I'm sure your story will inspire many who are struggling in those areas.
All the best, David =]
P

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I'm in a very troubling predicament and would love some insight, preferably the kind enveloped in wisdom and forethought lol.
so here it is: I've been vaping for several years and have thought the huge Vape events sound like they'd be soooo much fun, as well as a place to meet my favorite venders, reviewers, and a chance to check out some cool new gear. Finally this year I managed to hear about an event that met all these criteria before it actually took place. The event I'm referring to is ECC. The problem I'm faced with is that none of my friends are even fractionally invested in vaping to the point that I am (lol and that's referring to emotional as well as monetary investment), so I don't think any of them would find the idea of a vaping convention as thrilling and tempting as I do. Sooo, to summarize I have no hardcore vaping friends and therefore have no one to go to ECC with and I don't wanna go by my self....and therein lies my frustration of a conundrum. Thanks in advance to any help or ideas anyone can offer, they're sincerely appreciated. Keep on vaping all you cloud-chasing cowboys (and cowgirls) =] :vapor:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm in a very troubling predicament and would love some insight, preferably the kind enveloped in wisdom and forethought lol.
so here it is: I've been vaping for several years and have thought the huge Vape events sound like they'd be soooo much fun, as well as a place to meet my favorite venders, reviewers, and a chance to check out some cool new gear. Finally this year I managed to hear about an event that met all these criteria before it actually took place. The event I'm referring to is ECC. The problem I'm faced with is that none of my friends are even fractionally invested in vaping to the point that I am (lol and that's referring to emotional as well as monetary investment), so I don't think any of them would find the idea of a vaping convention as thrilling and tempting as I do. Sooo, to summarize I have no hardcore vaping friends and therefore have no one to go to ECC with and I don't wanna go by my self....and therein lies my frustration of a conundrum. Thanks in advance to any help or ideas anyone can offer, they're sincerely appreciated. Keep on vaping all you cloud-chasing cowboys (and cowgirls) =] :vapor:

If your Non-Vaping friends are Single Girls, tell them that there will be Tons of Cute Guys at the Show.

If your Friends are Guys, tell them that there will be Free Beer.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Ha, that will do the trick.

Know what you mean though about going to an event on your own, think of it as just going to the biggest B&M in the world though... I would imagine you are ok with going to your local vape store on your own right? Who knows, maybe you will end up making a new friend while you are there. At any rate if you are near the event I would urge you to go just to see what its all about if for no other reason.

I have been fortunate to have been able to meet quite a few online friends over the last couple of years at these events, bit of luck on my part in that they knew where to find me or we could well have bumped into each other and never known. Watch out for the Green Hawaiian and maybe you will catch up to zoid.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Ha, that will do the trick.

Know what you mean though about going to an event on your own, think of it as just going to the biggest B&M in the world though... I would imagine you are ok with going to your local vape store on your own right? Who knows, maybe you will end up making a new friend while you are there. At any rate if you are near the event I would urge you to go just to see what its all about if for no other reason.

I have been fortunate to have been able to meet quite a few online friends over the last couple of years at these events, bit of luck on my part in that they knew where to find me or we could well have bumped into each other and never known. Watch out for the Green Hawaiian and maybe you will catch up to zoid.

Lol of course, I'm not agoraphobic. The difference is you spend like ten minutes, thirty minutes max at your local B&M and it's like you talking to a salesman or builder, opposed to a giant convention with thousands where you'll likely want to spend hours and hours especially since I'd be driving from LA...and that can be pretty ....ty when you don't know anyone and therefore have no one to check out all the cool gear with: eg

drip tips, contact pins,
magnetic switches...
VG, PG
and sexy vaping ....... (I'm jk)

Attys with coils, dual twisted kanthal
Vapor so tasty, it's tough to handle

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I don't mean to ramble,
In summary, analogues will never hold a candle

And that's why these are a few of my favorite things.... :rickroll:

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Ha, I get ya... remember though that this isnt vape store scale. These events typically have 40 or so vendors with each one being pretty much a store. The ones I have been to were probably around 30% eLiquid suppliers so if sampling is something one goes in for there are tons of opportunity.

Anyhoo, weekends over now. Did anyone make it? Just wonderin how it turned out for those who did get there.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My take on ECC 2014?

First it was Huge. The Vendor list did not do the Show Justice.

The Booths were Great. Some were just Plane Over the Top. The Range of Presentations was Everything from a 2 Person Operations to Elaborate Staged Productions. Everywhere was Free Samples.

I went during the B2B portion. And talked with Many Very Cool People. Everyone was in a Great Mood. And Didn't have the Tell-Tale Signs of being Burned Out from being on an Endless Show Circuit.

It was also Nice to see CASAA and SFATA there. I wish they had been Given a More Prominent Location in the Show.

As a Whole, I would give the Show a Solid 9.0

My Only Issue was that the A/C wasn't working very well in the "Tent" building next to the Mail Hall on Friday. It was Very Hot in that Portion of the Show. But the Vendors and the Attendees took it in Stride. That and the Check in for Credentials was a Little Disorganized. But Nothing Major.

All-in-All though, A Fantastic Show.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Ahhh, makes me even more sore about not bein able to make it. We love these shows even with the hiccups like you mentioned on the heat. In Florida for the last VapeStock which was 2013 the room was overwhelmed and the heat had folks sweltering. One big guy hit me up a couple of times for paper towels because we had the good Blue ones :) Haha, it was a blast though and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Still think we should do a meet and greet down in the IE area. I know there was a group in Riverside meeting for some time... really great folks who were fun to talk with. Not sure if they are still active or not but either way I know I could convince The Mrs and Offspring into a trip on the promise of good grub :) We been starvin ourselves for over a year now so any mention of food has ears perked up.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I would really like a meet in the IE area. I never was able to get to the others, due to health reasons, but hopefully soon, I will be fit enough. I think the wife, a vapor also, wouldn't mind that. We are retired, but might be able to break our routine to do that. Hopefully sometime it will all come together. :)

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
My take on ECC 2014?

First it was Huge. The Vendor list did not do the Show Justice.

The Booths were Great. Some were just Plane Over the Top. The Range of Presentations was Everything from a 2 Person Operations to Elaborate Staged Productions. Everywhere was Free Samples.

I went during the B2B portion. And talked with Many Very Cool People. Everyone was in a Great Mood. And Didn't have the Tell-Tale Signs of being Burned Out from being on an Endless Show Circuit.

It was also Nice to see CASAA and SFATA there. I wish they had been Given a More Prominent Location in the Show.

As a Whole, I would give the Show a Solid 9.0

My Only Issue was that the A/C wasn't working very well in the "Tent" building next to the Mail Hall on Friday. It was Very Hot in that Portion of the Show. But the Vendors and the Attendees took it in Stride. That and the Check in for Credentials was a Little Disorganized. But Nothing Major.

All-in-All though, A Fantastic Show.
Was that the best VAPING convention/expo/Vape-meet you've been to or one of the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread