ECF Drops Off of Chrome "Most Visited " List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
When a new tab is opened in Google Chrome that new tab contains a Google search bar and thumbnails of your most visited sites. ECF is easily one of my top five most visited site yet it is replaced constantly by sites I may visit only once or twice. I then have to clear out a bunch of thumbnails for infrequently visited pages to get my ECF thumbnail back. This occurs across multiple PCs and portable devices. Is there any way this can be looked into?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
This sounds more like a Chrome and your browser habits issue than an ECF issue.
Pretty sure there is nothing that someone at ECF can do for your issue.
Firefox provides a start page/tab that you can "lock" your favorite or most recently visited sites onto. Along with Ad Block Plus, it works well!

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
This sounds more like a Chrome and your browser habits issue than an ECF issue.
Pretty sure there is nothing that someone at ECF can do for your issue.
Firefox provides a start page/tab that you can "lock" your favorite or most recently visited sites onto. Along with Ad Block Plus, it works well!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about this being a browsing habit issue. For example; I visit ECF several times a day across various devices. Just yesterday I was looking for an Android application that would allow me to use my phone as a mouse/keyboard for my PC. I found what I was looking for but it required a server component to be installed on the PC being controlled. I visited the required site and downloaded the software. Keep in mind that I had never visited this site before. I closed Chrome, installed the software, then decided I wanted to try something else. I started chrome again and the ECF thumbnail had been replaced by the site I visited to download the software.

This isn't a widely reported problem so blaming it on Chrome is a bit premature. It seems to me that there might be a malformed tag in the HTML or CSS whichis telling Chrome that ECF is a different site each time it is visited.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about this being a browsing habit issue. For example; I visit ECF several times a day across various devices. Just yesterday I was looking for an Android application that would allow me to use my phone as a mouse/keyboard for my PC. I found what I was looking for but it required a server component to be installed on the PC being controlled. I visited the required site and downloaded the software. Keep in mind that I had never visited this site before. I closed Chrome, installed the software, then decided I wanted to try something else. I started chrome again and the ECF thumbnail had been replaced by the site I visited to download the software.

This isn't a widely reported problem so blaming it on Chrome is a bit premature. It seems to me that there might be a malformed tag in the HTML or CSS whichis telling Chrome that ECF is a different site each time it is visited.

Actually, you made my case for me there ... after you installed software, the site you got it from has overwritten your preferred site link..... think about it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread