EDGE By: Digiflavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
EDGE By: Digiflavor (Geekvape)

Before I get started I only do Honest Unbiased reviews. I refuse to let a company sway my review and opinion by offering free me product. If anyone has any questions about the EDGE after reading this please feel free to PM me. I will answer them to the best of my ability. So with that in mind lets get started.

I received the EDGE on Wednesday January 23, 2019. Since then I have been vaping the hell out of it putting it through its paces. Giving it a run for it’s money so to speak. Now this has not been my main vape. I have been alternating it with my others (Aegis 100w, 200w, 200w LTD and Mini) but I have used it enough to be able to do this review.

Digiflavor (Geekvape) has hit a Grand Slam (Like Geekvape always does) with EDGE. This thing packs a punch. Lets start with the contents of the boxes (yes boxes as in 2) with this kit.

BOX 1 CONTENTS:

· 200 Watt Mod

· Spectre Sub Ohm Tank

· Regular Glass (4.0ml)

· Digimesh Coil (Resistance 0.2)

· Extra Digimesh Coil (Resistance 0.2)

· Spare Parts

· USB Cable

· Very Descriptive User Manual

· Promotion Card & Warrantee Card

PRODUCT FEATURES:

· Advanced AS Chipset Powers Up To 200w

· Colored Display Screen

· Fast Wireless Charging (10w)

· Compatible With Geekvape Super Mesh Coil

BOX 2 CONTENTS:

· Portable Charger Cradle

· Long USB Cable

MOD:

The Mod is of average weight. Very comfortable to hold and easily pocketed. Nice big display screen that you can adjust the brightness. Battery Compartment is in the back. At First was a little confused as to how to gain entry of the battery compartment then I saw this little bitty button on the bottom. I pushed the button and heard a click and voila. The battery compartment door popped opened. Now I know what you are thinking about this idea because I thought it to: “Every time I stand this up to put it down that button is going to open the battery compartment.” Not the case here. You have to put some effort in pushing this button. Not forceable effort but some effort.

As I stated the screen is big for a Mod. Think Nikon Cell phone screen from back in the day only not as prehistoric. The screen is beautifully done with its graphics.

Fire button. Im going to tell you now the fire button is stiff which, in my opinion, is a good thing. A lot of these Mods have very loose or soft fire buttons so half of the time they don’t fire. With this fire button being stiff like it is you know when you press it it is going to fire.

SPECTRE TANK:

Okay. I am going to be honest here. I wasn’t fully impressed with this tank. It is a very good tank don’t get me wrong. It delivers awesome hits and produces very nice clouds. The coil that came with this are Single Mesh and after vaping on a dual and/or Triple Mesh Coil for 3 months and going back to a single coil it felt wrong. Let me be frank here. The Spectre Tank is an awesome Tank. Some will like it because it is not a slide top or flip top fill tank. I prefer the slide top fill tank. To me it is easier.

So Anyway. On with the review.

The Spectre Tank breaks down into 5 pieces minus the coil:

· Drip Tip

· Top Cap

· Top Fill Chimney

· Glass

· Air Flow Control Base.

The Tank is easy to disassemble and to assemble. Now when you first Disassemble the tank you know that the seals are going to be locked in tight. Just be fore warned.

The tank comes preassembled with coil already in placed.

PERFORMANCE:

I took the tank apart, Preloaded the coil with Grape Drank by Ruthless, put the tank back together and filled it with the same juice. I then put 2 fully charged LG 18650 batteries in the battery compartment. After putting the back plate back on I pressed the fire button rapidly 5 times and the Device came on. My first thought on the screen was “WOW”. I put the tank on and it immediately recognized the tank and asked if New or Old Coil and YES The tank does sit very flush on the 510 plate. While I waiting on the coil to become good and soaked I began going through the different modes.

The Memory Modes are: M1, M2, M3 and M4 and what you can do is set M1 to Wattage and the Watt you want to run, Set M2 Ti/Ni/SS TC Mode, M3 TCR Mode and so on and so forth.

The coil rating for the Single coil for the Spectre is 30-90 Best at 60-80. I set the wattage to 60 and took my first hit. It was so strong I coughed and hacked at first. The throat hit was awesome. Took me by surprise. I hit it again. This time it wasn’t as bad. By the 5th hit I was fine. The throat hit from the Spectre is on the money. And the clouds this tank produces is Awesome. The taste? Well like I said I had been doing duals and triples and went straight to Single. I would imagine with dual and triple coils this will be Awesome. Soooooooooooo….. On Day 3 I had to change the tank. I swapped the Spectre out with a Mesh Pro with triple coil. Oh My Damn this was awesome. Smooth hit. Awesome throat hit and nice big poofy clouds. In the words of the Immortal Jed Clampet “Whooooo Doggy.”

Battery Life:

As I stated I received this on Wednesday January 23, 2019 about mid afternoon. It was that evening about 8pm when I set it up and began playing with it. It was that Friday about 1pm when I set it up on the Charger.

PORTABLE USB CHARGER:

Now I don’t like to charge my Batteries in the MOD this way for many reasons, But, since this is a package deal I decided to give it a try.

On the EDGE my Batts were right at 1/4 full. I plugged the Charger into the wall outlet. There is an indicator light that tells you when it is on. I set the EDGE into the Cradle and the EDGE lit up and the indicator light on the left side of the charger began blinking red letting me know it was charging. The EDGE went dark but the Red Charging Light kept blinking. Now the Awesome thing about this is that you can Vape with the EDGE while it is charging because all you have to do is take it out of the cradle, hit it, and put it back. Now my Batteries when Charging in my External Charger take anywhere from 4-5 hrs to charge full. I didn’t set with the EDGE while it was charging but Im going say it was done with in about 2.5 – 3 hrs and I was off and running with it again. Now I have noticed the the Portable Charge charges faster if the unit is shut off. That was my second test. When the Mod is fully charged the Red Blinking light goes to Solid White. And yes if you have a USB port slot in your vehicle you can use the Portable Charger there as well. Now the times are going to vary depending on what you use to use the Portable Charger. Wall outlet is going to be faster. Computer USB port is going to be slower. Car USB port is going to be even slower. And how you charge it is going to depend on how fast it charges. Charging it with the Mod on will be slower versus Charging the unit with it off.

I am beyond pleased with the EDGE and its performance. The longest battery life I was getting was coming from my other Geevape Mods. I was going maybe from 5:00 AM to 9:00PM with 2 maybe 3 mods before changing out Batteries. With EDGE I have been running 2 mods going back and forth between the two.

PROS:

The EDGE has everything working for it. Style, weight, comfortability, pocketable, Battery Life is awesome. Multiple memory modes, Easy to Navigate and easy to use.

CONS:

As I said I am not knocking the Spectre Tank at all but I am hoping that they come out with the dual and triple coil. I would also like to see the fill chimney to be a flip top or slide top. Especially for those of us who have impairments with our hands. For 4 months starting in March I will not be able to use this tank because I will be down to one hand due to Major Surgery on my right shoulder. Other than that I cant find any cons with the EDGE, Charging Cradle or really the Spectre tank. I would advise you to be ready on that first Direct Lung Hit with the Spectre Tank. It can be a doozy.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THE EDGE:

Are you kidding me? ABSOLUTELY. This device would not only be awesome for a beginner but for a Novice as well. Especially you RDAs and RTAs users. I have let people hold the EDGE. Not hit it. EH EH… NO NO NO NO. I don’t want no Coodies or Germs. Not this close to surgery any way. The people that I have let handle it LOVE the way it feels. Some have asked me where I got it and where they can get it.

AWESOME JOB DIGIFLAVOR (GEEKVAPE). You did yourself very proud with this one. As you always have.
01.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 08.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
Status