Educate me please on thread compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
I currently use 808's and I'm quite content with them. The only downside is I love clearomizers, and I'm having trouble with limited choices to buy from. Halo has them and they work great on my G6, but if I had a 510 I could get clearos pretty much anywhere, including the smoke shop two blocks from home. I'm currently looking at getting the Joytetech 510-T. Its a cheap starter and comes in auto ( I really dislike manuals!).

When a clearomizer is listed as fitting ego type batteries, does that mean they would also fit a joyetech 510-T? I know nothing of ego's, but from what I gather they are 510 thread. I'm just wondering if there's any specifics about ego threading that would make it incompatible with other 510 clearos.

I know now that I could get an adapter to fit 510 clearos on my 808, but for me the less parts the better, its the main reason I like my 808s, a simple 2 piece system is all I want.

Any advice will be welcome! (and keep it simple please, I have trouble wrapping my brain around some of the detailed technical speak around here, is there a vaping For Dummies book by chance?? :unsure: )

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
An eGo-style battery is essentially like the SI X2 fat batt in that it has 2 different threads. Where the X2 has 808 threading plus outside threading, an eGo has 510 threading plus outside threading.

There are two types of eGo clearos:
The older style like the CE4/5 make their connection to the 510 threads with a skirt portion which is just a cover for the eGo threads.
The newer style like the T2 and Evod make their connection to the eGo threads instead and will not work with 510 batteries.

If you're looking for a cig-alike, the higher quality 808s do it better than the 510. You might just as well stay with what you have.

However, if you don't mind using a bigger battery, an eGo-style is a good choice because it offers so many more choices. An eGo battery will accept all 510 and 306 threaded plus all eGo threaded atties/cartos/clearos.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Perhaps you will find this helpful. It illustrates the threading on all "eGo" devices. Notably, the Joyetech logo is pictured only as a way to identify authentic Joyetech batteries.

egolatest.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
However, if you don't mind using a bigger battery, an eGo-style is a good choice because it offers so many more choices. An eGo battery will accept all 510 and 306 threaded plus all eGo threaded atties/cartos/clearos.

Just to clarify about the 306, which is my favorite(!) dripping/BF atty, it has a 510 connection, but requires a different sized drip tip, since it doesn't have the outer sleeve like a 510 atty. "306" isn't a threading size, it's the name of the Joyetech cig-a-like kit it comes with (which is still sold, although not popular).

ETA: Have you looked at the clearos on the Smokeless Image site? They specialize in 808 products.

Last edited:

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
Thank you everyone!
I think I have found a solution that cover both size threads. I did find some reasonably priced 808 clearos at Litecigusa, and those arrived yesterday. I also found (with the help of great guys at MtBaker Vapor) an adapter for my 808s that will allow me to use 510 nano's.
And just to give myself the option, I went ahead and got a Joy 510-T kit from MVB as well. So now I am set for either size tank I happen to have on hand.
I truly appreciate all the suggestions, this place rocks!

TexasVet

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
The Republic of ... TEXAS

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Will Kanger T3 work on a 510?? Using a T4 now but want a rebuild-able one...

Yes, Kanger T3 eGO Clearomizer Bottom-Coil Tank System | Vapors World

Sorry for the very late response.

I came here looking for info on 510/eGo batts and tanks because I'm thinking of moving up from 808d cig-alikes and I can't afford to make mis-match errors. What I want to move to doesn't come in a kit yet.

Happy vaping!!

Ah, no. The T3 screws onto the outer eGo threading, not into the inner 510 threading on an eGo battery. It will not work on a 510 battery without an adapter.

TexasVet

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
The Republic of ... TEXAS
Ah, no. The T3 screws onto the outer eGo threading, not into the inner 510 threading on an eGo battery. It will not work on a 510 battery without an adapter.

See, it is very confusing. Me, new to all things vaporised, so sorry for the bad advice. Better I learn alot more first.

Thank you very much for the education

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread