Efest batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torchy

Unregistered Supplier
May 23, 2012
Glasgow
Hi,

I was wondering about Efest batteries. Are they any good? Till now I have only used AW with all my mods.
Now I need to buy some IMR 18350 and I saw on a UK site the Efest IMR 18350. Will I be able to use these in my ProVari mini and in other 18350 mods. Are they as good as the AWs ?
Please advise me. Thank you.

The Efest 18650 IMR are easily a match for AW, the 18350 are not quite as good:

Battery Internal Resistance mΩ Actual Capacity(mAh)
Totally Wicked 900mAh (protected?) 152 773
Trustfire 1200mAh protected 187 715
AW IMR 700mAh 44 738
Ultrafire 1200mAh 134 825
Efest IMR 800mAh 80 660

Totally Wicked says they are protected on the label, but it turns out they have no protection.

AlinvonS

Apr 20, 2012
Romania
Totally Wicked says they are protected on the label, but it turns out they have no protection.
I tought IMRs don't need protection? Or does that only apply to the AWs?

@Kiralina, It seems that we'll have Efest batteries right here at the Vapers shop :D Good news IMO.

BTW does anyone know what is the maximum discharge rate for these?

Torchy

Unregistered Supplier
May 23, 2012
Glasgow
IMR's are safe chemistry and done need protection Li-ion aren't safe chemistry and should have some form of protection but it isn't always built into the battery. I'm guessing the TW were unprotected Li-ion, but im not sure.

IMR should have a lower internal resistance compared to LiCO2 and should be able to deliver higher current with less thermal build up, but they still need to be handled properly. The major brands of Li-Ion such as Panasonic and LG will withstand short circuit. Panasonic NCR batteries also incorporate a Heat Reducing Layer to prevent thermal build up.

NewbyNinja

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
United States
Hi,

I was wondering about Efest batteries. Are they any good? Till now I have only used AW with all my mods.
Now I need to buy some IMR 18350 and I saw on a UK site the Efest IMR 18350. Will I be able to use these in my ProVari mini and in other 18350 mods. Are they as good as the AWs ?
Please advise me. Thank you.

I have the 18350 Efest batteries i use in my provari mini v2. They work great! Just make sure you get the nipple tops and not the flats. They even came with a plastic case to carry them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread