Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Check your connection and clean the contacts. Even a 510 charger should have that battery full in under 3 hours. The proper charger for it would have it full in around an hour and a half.

That said in all hopes it isn't your charger: - Well, it might be your charger. The chargers that ship with most ego kits are often unreliable. There are many posts across the forum regarding dead chargers and I think I've read a disproportionate number specifically regarding chargers for egos and 510s.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I was using the usb, directly connected to my pc. It was a charger I rec'd w/ my Riva 510 kit. Well as I type it turn green. But that does seems awfully long. Maybe I need get a back up charger.

Your USB port may not be putting out enough juice if you have other USB devices plugged in.

I know mine take more than 2 1/2 but less than 5 plugged into a wall socket. Sorry I can't be more help. Slow charging isn't bad for the battery as long as it charges, but bad for you if you're waiting.

My eGo USB charger is Input 5V 500mA and Output 4.2 V and 420mA It came with a Cignot tank kit.

What does yours say?

Last edited:

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
My 650's take over 3hrs to charge from completely flat.
I can't tell you how much longer than 3hrs, because I've never been in line of sight with the charger for more than 3hrs at a time.
Could take 7hrs *shrug* (unlikely... probably btween 3-5)
this is off of a wall socket.

the 5v usb duplicator thingies that you plug into the wall can be gotten real cheap. I just saw one on a "daily deal" site along with a car-lighter usb duplicator for like $4 shipped.

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
My usb charger is
Input: DC 5v
output: DC 4.2V 200mA

So it's the 200ma, that why taking longer? Sorry I'm so noobie :p

Thank you all for helping me.
I normally don't bothering watching to see how long it charge either. Just that this one is new, I was waiting for it to finish charging so I can use the eGo battery, instead of the Riva I was using. So I kept watching it.

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
My usb charger is
Input: DC 5v
output: DC 4.2V 200mA

So it's the 200ma, that why taking longer? Sorry I'm so noobie :p

That would be my guess, I'm no engineer. The mA are what makes the difference whether Passthrus work with adapters.

The Good Prophets eGo charger I have has the same specs as the Cignot kit one- both say "eGo USB charger" on them.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The proper eGo charger puts out 420mAh vice 200mAh for a simple 510 charger which seems what you have.

You can use the 510 charger on the eGo batts, but you cant use an eGo charger on the 510 batts as it will damage the batts.

So yes it would take twice as long to charge using the 200mAh charger and in your case roughly 5 hrs compared to 1.5-2hrs (for the 650mAh batt). As internal resistance in the battery increases (through natural use) it will take longer to charge. You will also notice the duration of the charge will also diminish. This is a sign to start looking for new batts.

Folks should be cognizant of their charge and discharge intervals, especially when vaping at higher voltages where more than one cell is utilized.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
My charger..
eGo wall adapter. Model JOYE510-306-PCC:
Input 100-240Volts, 50/60Hertz, 100mA
Output 5V = 500mA

So why are my 650mAh batts taking 3+ hours to charge from flat?

the math doesn't compute.
I hate it when the math doesn't fit!!!!:facepalm:

How old are your batts? The wall wart may put out that much but the USB cable that plugs into the wart = Input 5VDC 500mA, output 4.2VDC 420mA.

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
How old are your batts? The wall wart may put out that much but the USB cable that plugs into the wart = Input 5VDC 500mA, output 4.2VDC 420mA.

I see it now- that USB... umm... dingleberry throttles it down

Still doesn't make the math fit... not in my house anyway :)

Batts are 5wks today- but they've been taking 3+ hrs since the day I got them. No change.
Maybe my watch is wrong. Or my sense of time.
<insert something clever here about a watched battery never charging>
It doesn't matter- they get charged, they last long, they make vape.:vapor:

Thanks for the electro-help. I'm electro-impaired. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread