May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Assuming this is what you're talking about, Yeah, looking at the picture it looks like it has a charge circuit so you can use a standard eGo charger. However the body can be disassembled revealing an 18650 battery inside, so you can use a TrustFire or Ultrafire charger as well. I hate where they put that button though. That looks supremely awkward.

However, it's only available as a free test sample for orders over $250.

Last edited:

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
We've been asking them to sell mods, I think this is the result. My guess is the current "test" system is their way of beta testing. Guess they don't have a reliable pool of people to call on to be beta testers, so they are offering it free to their big customers to be beat testers.

I'm a fan of Healthcabin, and I have to appreciate this approach. I am definitely someone who will not buy what I like to call "weird battery" mods, simply because I do not want to deal with another charger when I am traveling. This is still an extra charger, so I will pass, but at least its a small charger, and if people are not using passthrough batts, they have to have this charger with them anyway. So I do think that is clever.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
From what I understand, the ego passthrough batts are pretty worthless. Plus, if you have a 2600 mah batt like what's in this, why would you even bother with a passthrough? Other than it being conversation starter when it looks like you're smoking your laptop, I don't see the point. Actually, all I have is 900 mah batts and I still don't see the point of having a passthrough lol. When I had my dse-801 and couldn't get my batts to last longer than 2 hours, I had a passthrough for it. I don't need that extra junk now :)

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Easy answer. I travel, I plug my Ego passthrough into my iGo USB tip to charge it. In the hotel, on the plane, everywhere. No need to bring yet another charger. Have you ever run out of juice in an airport where the seat plugs in the lounge are dead for some stupid reason? I have and its a pleasure to be able to plug it into the 4000mah battery I use to charge my phone and tablet on the go. No extra cables or charger to dig out. Instant vaping, no hassle. You do understand that the Ego passthrough is a battery right? Its just has a USB charging circuit.

Frankly, I am the opposite. I don't understand why there are so many people here who are willing to deal with all these weird battery mods and extra chargers. So much hassle for no reason. My Darwin is the same, no extra chargers, no extra hassle, no extra crap I have to carry. Just imagine having to put a Pila in your carry on. Not worth it.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Well, I charge my batts every night, so they last me all day. Just in case though, I do carry around the other battery that came in my kit. I figure if I have 2 fully charged batteries that both have the capability of lasting all day, I have about 2 days worth of batteries. That should get me through 1 day. No extra cables or anything else. Just one extra battery. Works for me, not for everybody I guess.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
From what I understand, the ego passthrough batts are pretty worthless. Plus, if you have a 2600 mah batt like what's in this, why would you even bother with a passthrough? Other than it being conversation starter when it looks like you're smoking your laptop, I don't see the point. Actually, all I have is 900 mah batts and I still don't see the point of having a passthrough lol. When I had my dse-801 and couldn't get my batts to last longer than 2 hours, I had a passthrough for it. I don't need that extra junk now :)

I like eGo PTs because I basically don't have to worry about the charger. I have lots of the mini-USB cables all over the place, home, work, car, etc so I'm never too far from a charger if I need it.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Don't have to use an eGo charger.

Figured it would only be a matter of time before someone made these.
    Sure hope they are using Joye ego's for these.

Looks like 510-N take-2 (wonder if a Trustfire will fit in the tube this time)

Super%202600mAh%20Battery_01.jpg

Last edited:

wizard10000

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2011
    midwestern us
    Could be. But I don't think so.

That post doesn't look like it's attached to anything. A Spacer perhaps?

Maybe you're right - that makes more sense.

You know, I had some concerns over how long it'd take to charge an 18650 battery off a USB port but someone shared with me that the inexpensive charger that comes in a lot of big battery kits is only 350mA and if that's the case an eGo charger would charge the thing quicker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread