Status
Not open for further replies.

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey there....
hoping someone has an idea on this.
I have the eGo, and using a hard plastic drip tip and the atty that came with the eGo kit,
I get a LOT of leakage.
It actually comes out of the threaded end of the atty and gets everywhere.

I'm only using 1 to 3 drops and have two different juices, one a little thicker than the other.
I don't want to completely empty before I drip again, cause then I get a burnt smell/taste.
I have rinsed out the atty but don't see a difference, it still leaks.
I like the idea of the drip tip.....
any ideas?
Thanks!

SkeetS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
A, A
Hi!
Seems that the atty is working perfect and that leakage is pretty normal.
Try and do it like this:
Blow all the juice to a paper tissue, put 3 drops on the atty, vape until you notice that the vapor is getting hotter and you are blowing out more vapor, then put just one drop in it.
Also...be carefull when blowing on the drip. If are doing just a bit hard and there is still juice on the atty what happens is that....well..imagine this:
You put 3 drops and blow...no leakage...vape for a while and put 3 more and blow.
By doing this, while there is still juice in the atty, the last 3 drops you added covered the hole in the drip, when you blow on them and the juice goes down, it raises the pressure inside the atty making the juice that still was inside the atty to go out...simple as that.
like blowing water out of a hose.
(I hope i made myself more or less clear because my english sometimes gets confusing)

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks SkeetS....
What I've been doing is putting the drip tip on the atty, adding the 1 to 3 drops.
Setting the eGo down vertically and letting the juice run down through the drip tip.
I take a smaller "drag" than usual as a tester before vaping the rest.
Now and then it feels like I need to (gently) blow the juice down further towards the atty, but I mostly let gravity do that.

But I'm finding after the second or third addition of my 1 to 3 drops is when it starts to leak.
Maybe I'm just adding too soon to avoid that burnt smell/taste?
Should I be adding right to the atty and not adding through the drip tip?
I thought that was half the point of the drip tip.... a mouth piece to "drag" with and a place to drip into.
Am I wrong here?

MaNiAcK

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
Tampa
I just got my ego, and I am doing the exact same thing as you... I have a plastic drip tip and put 2 big drops in and vape away, I still haven't had it leak on me once, make sure the atty is screwed down all the way... maybe its just a bad atty? I don't know I'm just a newb..

but I have realized than when u start getting the burnt flavor there is still juice inside so 3 drops might be too much... also I seem to blow out much more smoke and get a bigger hit when it starts tasting burnt... which really sucks cuz it doenst taste good but the amount of smoke is insane... does anyone know whay that is?

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
it sounds like you are adding to much juice the second time. try only adding 1 drop maybe 2 after you get the hang of when the atty really needs more juice.

as far as the drip tip goes. im not sure if you have the same plastic ones as came with my ego attys but the ones i have just have a small hole in the top. im not sure i could even drip threw that. if your are like mine then i would stop and remove the plastic tip to drip right on the center of the atty. cignot does sell ego drip tips for both type A and type B. those have a large hole and you can drip threw them if you would like. i still dont however. i just find it easier to do it that way and it really doesnt take that much longer.

SkeetS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
A, A
Thanks SkeetS....
What I've been doing is putting the drip tip on the atty, adding the 1 to 3 drops.
Setting the eGo down vertically and letting the juice run down through the drip tip.
I take a smaller "drag" than usual as a tester before vaping the rest.
Now and then it feels like I need to (gently) blow the juice down further towards the atty, but I mostly let gravity do that.

But I'm finding after the second or third addition of my 1 to 3 drops is when it starts to leak.
Maybe I'm just adding too soon to avoid that burnt smell/taste?
Should I be adding right to the atty and not adding through the drip tip?
I thought that was half the point of the drip tip.... a mouth piece to "drag" with and a place to drip into.
Am I wrong here?

You don't need to drip in the atty directly but you can do it anyways, aiiight?
On the question of dripping too soon....Maybe that's what's wrong there but you need to get the hang of it.
If you are just starting to feel a burnt taste (because the burnt taste won't come out like POW...), try to just "vape" without activating the batt.
If you ear a "gurlgling" sound then it's the leakage starting.
On my case, if i do this, i will suck even more air to get the juice back on the thing...2 vapes and 2 more drops inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread