Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
O.K. Here's a new one on me.
I have two eGo batteries that do not light when I press the button. On the charger they eventually go from red to green, just as they're suppose to. But, as soon as I connect an atomizer they fire up without even pressing the button.
So what do you think? Could there be juice in the button connection? Is the battery shot? Could it be cleaned and brought back by letting a little low % rubbing alcohol seep in around the button?
Open to suggestions.

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
I've had two Ego batteries and both have had problems with the buttons. I haven't had the exact problem you've had, but the button has gotten stuck before while pressing it. I actually had to bash my old one on the ground to get it to shut off and not burn my atty. I also used to get minor burn marks on my legs when I carried the Ego in my pocket at work. I love my Ego's, but they really need to design a better button on them. They seem pretty unsafe at this point.

Edit: I do recall having it go on and stay on a couple times when I first connected it to the atty. Try taping it on a hard surface where the button is. That's what I did to get it to go off. And your buttons don't work at all when you press them normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread