Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Im thinking of switching the tank. Is mini t3s or protank 3 dual coil kit better? What else should I worry about?

With some eGos the single coils does better. T3S or baby T3S if you want a smaller profile are good. Get the 1.8 ohm coils for strong flavors - tobacco, coffee, cherry and the 2.2 ohm coils for lighter flavors - berries and most fruits. Some flavors can do well on both, but may taste different. Light flavors can burn on 1.8ohm coils and some strong flavors will lose taste on higher ohm coils.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Im thinking of switching the tank. Is mini t3s or protank 3 dual coil kit better? What else should I worry about?

I would not get a protank 3 for an ego batt. Stick with single coils for an ego batt. Protank 3 being dual coil will run down your battery and you will be underpowered IMHO anyway.

Like kent says, T3S or something like that, maybe protank2 MINI, Kangertech EVOD, (I personally like this one) etc. 1.8ohm and 2.2 ohm single coils.

Genuine Kangertech EVODs and Protank2 can use the same coils, and I believe the T3S coils are *universal* (Kent may know more about that) and can also fit either. Mine did. :)

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I would not get a protank 3 for an ego batt. Stick with single coils for an ego batt. Protank 3 being dual coil will run down your battery and you will be underpowered IMHO anyway.

Like kent says, T3S or something like that, maybe protank2, Kangertech EVOD, (I personally like this one) etc. 1.8ohm and 2.2 ohm single coils.

Genuine Kangertech EVODs and Protank2 can use the same coils, and I believe the T3S coils are *universal* (Kent may know more about that) and can also fit either. Mine did. :)

Hi Horse!
How nice to see you. While I agree with you, I'll point out,
if I may that one may purchase and use single coils for the Protank 3.
I just put an order in for some from FT, they had both single and double coil available.

But I wouldn't recommend one for a simple ego setup. An EVOD single coil is fine for that.
I still use my old ego 1100 mah batteries now and then usually with an EVOD.
Though I prefer the VSII when going mobile, I have a clip and lanyard for the egos
so those are handy when doing yard work and such.

Regards,
Hazy:2cool:

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
if I may that one may purchase and use single coils for the Protank 3.
I just put an order in for some from FT, they had both single and double coil available.

But I wouldn't recommend one for a simple ego setup. An EVOD single coil is fine for that.

I did not know that. :) Maybe a protank3 MINI would be fine then.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I did not know that. :) Maybe a protank3 MINI would be fine then.

Just did a quick check at FT. I looked a 3 items.
Works with MT3, MT3S, T3S, Protank, Protank II, Mini Protank, Mini Protank II
Works with AeroTank, AeroTank Mini, AeroTank Mega, Protank 3, Mini Protank 3, eVod 2, T3D, eVod Glass

Those are all single coil.
There seems to be a difference between what will fit a Protank 2 and a Protank 3

I ordered 10 double coils. at 1.8. a 5 pack of genuine and a 5 pack of generic

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
But if they are genuine kangertech, they will work w/EVOD as well, and you only have EVOD2 listed, which isn't the little orig one.

I don't shop at FT, but I think it is confusing for a newbie anyway.

I'm pretty sure if the shoe fits it fits. :) I really can't tell ya if the evod coils and the evod2 coils are interchangeable.
But I can tell you that the evod coils do fit in another glass clearomizer that is a clone of the evod2 and evod glass and vice versa.

I think if they're the same size you can pretty much use any coil as long as it fits.

But yea, you're right. A newb will get lost at FT for sure. Too many items to choose from.
But I recommend them for their prices on many items, especially coils.

Time for me to go beddy bye.
Have a good morning and a pleasant day, racehorse.
nice crossing paths with you.

Hazy :2cool:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
With EGO style batts whether EGO or Vision or whatever. I prefer single coil over dual.. IMO the little batts just cant handle the load unless you build with tiny wire.
My back-up kit is EGO 1100mah batts with either a Mini PT3 (1 vert coil 30awg @ 1.8ohm) or my Kayfun. My wife uses a Protank Clone, X9 I think. That is the best clearo I every tried.

If you are looking to upgrade I would seriously think about going to a simple mini regulated mod. Cause the fact is it's not really the toppers that are limiting you it's the battery.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Like kent says, T3S or something like that, maybe protank2 MINI, Kangertech EVOD, (I personally like this one) etc. 1.8ohm and 2.2 ohm single coils.

You're right - with actual Kanger coils the T3S coils fit all other Kanger single coils clearos (except the 'Baby T3'). See my post:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/594442-tanks-coils-question.html#post13927519

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks guys, glad I went with the TS3. Didnt know that a wrong tank could bust my battery. Are the ohms lvl written anywhere on the ecigs?

Ohms are stamped on the coil above the bottom silicone ring here:

Protank-Heads-Perfected-2..jpg

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just did a quick check at FT. I looked a 3 items.
Works with AeroTank, AeroTank Mini, AeroTank Mega, Protank 3, Mini Protank 3, eVod 2, T3D, eVod Glass

Those are all single coil.
There seems to be a difference between what will fit a Protank 2 and a Protank 3

I ordered 10 double coils. at 1.8. a 5 pack of genuine and a 5 pack of generic

There is a difference between those that usually take single or the new updated dual coils BUT it is very easy to fix up an old single coil for the new generation Kangertanks by simply adding one more silicon spacer from a coil, that is not currently in use. I use the mini Aerotanks with single coils and an additional spacer for the simple fact that those are easy to re-wick with cotton and also re-build by buying Fasttechs Pre-Build Coils. Together they give a perfect set up with any ego battery at 3.7 V and above.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There is a difference between those that usually take single or the new updated dual coils BUT it is very easy to fix up an old single coil for the new generation Kangertanks by simply adding one more silicon spacer from a coil, that is not currently in use. I use the mini Aerotanks with single coils and an additional spacer for the simple fact that those are easy to re-wick with cotton and also re-build by buying Fasttechs Pre-Build Coils. Together they give a perfect set up with any ego battery at 3.7 V and above.

Oddly, I hadn't heard of this. Which silicon spacer? Is there a video or pictures :) I'd certainly do this. Probably in some clearo thread.....

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oddly, I hadn't heard of this. Which silicon spacer? Is there a video or pictures :) I'd certainly do this. Probably in some clearo thread.....

If you use the old single protank heads, they have a silicone spacer around the chimney. Just put an additional spacer from an unused coil on top to make up for the difference in size and then the coils are good to go in those tanks that use the new upgraded Dual coils. Easy to re-wick yourself and if you do not want to wrap your own coils you can use the prewrapped once from Fasttech.

N2Vapor

Jun 30, 2015
Long beach ca
I have 2 the ego c twist batteries 1 with kangertech
T3'D with thick home made juice single coil and it does better than the auro tank dual coil i use both at the same time the single coil is doing better tighter draw but better clouds the dual coils 1 st coil went quick and the secound coil lasted a fee days went out today, and my single coil is still going havent had any problems with the ego battery 's put one on charger will using the other, i dont get starting out with something small or beginer kits i think thats a bunch of b.s .
If youve smoked for a while i dont call that beginer anything .its best just get
The big one better biger than smaller
Then have to buy more and more.research reaearch and keep researching and the longer you tank the better they keep improving it seams ,its still for more expensive to vape for me ,i smoked cigars and its alot cheaper and less hasle and time consuming then vaping .wierd thing
I vape alot more than i smoked cigars
But i like vapor no smoke, or smell ,and no smoke in my eyes
~N2vapor~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread