ego-c 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrferic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
milton,wi
I'm not sure,but if you are referring to the ego c twist,it is a variable voltage model. It looks the same as the old one,but the chrome end turns so you can adjust the voltage. I have 2 of them,the 1000mAh unit. I love them.Just don't drop it.I've read several posts here where they got dropped and landed on the bottom end and screwed them up.
I hope this answers your question.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The battery they show doesn't quite look like a twist I've got a couple of 650 twists and yes they are great. I did find a bit of an explanation. They are VV to a point. It's either 3.3v all the time or no regulation so goes from 4.2 down to 3.1 (or until it thinks it's dead).

What you are describing sounds like the eGo-T Upgrade.. I haven't seen it on joyetech's site, but it has the logo and name on it. Even the battery is marked Joyetech.. idk.. but has been out for a while..

New JOYETECH eGo T Upgrade 18650-Regulated & Unreg, Updated Head Units,Charge with ego charger - YouTube

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
and I forgot to say that I have one of these eGo-T mods myself, a bit newer than what the vid shows, vented endcap and the button has been made flush.. I have another on it's way.. Regulated, 3.3 v and Unregulated modes

Could this be what you are asking about?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have an 1000mah JoyeTech eGo-C Upgrade. I didn't know that's what it was until after I bought it, I thought it was a standard eGo battery. Anyway, I have a feeling the idea behind it was "pre-Twist." You can find vendors advertising it as a variable voltage, but it's really not if you read the fine print. It has two modes: A constant mode, where the voltage stays at 3.3v; and an unregulated mode, where fully charged it puts out around 4v, but the voltage goes down as the battery discharges.

I guess that technically it's a variable voltage, since the voltage changes, but you don't have much control over it. It works just fine as a battery, but clicking back and forth to different modes with no clear indication of what the voltage is seems kind of pointless. I also haven't noticed that big a difference, so I just leave it regulated. I still use it, but I use my Twists more often. YMMV :2c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread