Ego - c , B-type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
I got the VG base from vaperenu it's not super thick but then I mix it with straight VG that is really really thick to get down to about 12mg from 36mg. I've been kind of switching to buying there flavors too. They come in a 1 once bottle with a nice tip on em that just works so well with the mixing in the tank. That and I LOVE they're pink lemon aid flavor! Among some others. But anyways, I've never added any water to the mix.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I got the VG base from vaperenu it's not super thick but then I mix it with straight VG that is really really thick to get down to about 12mg from 36mg. I've been kind of switching to buying there flavors too. They come in a 1 once bottle with a nice tip on em that just works so well with the mixing in the tank. That and I LOVE they're pink lemon aid flavor! Among some others. But anyways, I've never added any water to the mix.

Diluting VG with deonized water is a pretty standard practice for vendors - most 'VG blend' will have it - DV and ECOpure as well as LXpress and cignot's -btw, that last is where you can get the thin tipped bottles. It brings viscosity down to PG levels. Pure VG is simply too thick. When I've made it up for mixing I alway dilute it with H20 or PGA - another ploy for throat hit for some.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
OH! and I really wish joyetech would make a VV eGo already!!!!! I only use the eGo-c since I got it. Don't drip don't use my old carts, nothing else. I just like the ease of the tanks even if it diminishes the flavor a tad. I just add a tad more flavor.

Besides having 6 eGo-c's going I have the Reo mini and the VV eGo for certain flavors that won't come alive with the eGo-c even using the lr atty. So I have ciscos (although I'm beta'ing a new hybrid on the Reo at the moment)... 306lrs that really wake up my espresso blend and on the Reo bottom feeder - BWB Applewood. If I could get the flavor in the eGo-c on those flavors I would. The Applewood still has taste on the eGo-c but nothing like the Reo - same with the coffee vape. I'm using a vv eGo PT - although I have regular vv eGo's as well but I'm thinking of selling them. I simply don't use them. And I to wish joyetech would come out with their version.

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
They add something to it I"m sure cuz the pure VG is really thick in comparison. I don't get along with PG though and learned that pretty fast when I started vaping. So I don't remember how thick/thin it was hehe. BTW, cignot is where I got the batteries, caps and some other stuff that I got today too. Already loving the battery passthrews, but I wish they'd make a VV one to get a little more out of juice.

That's a lot of bats LOL. I usually stick to 2 bats, and have 2 backups. The rest I've either given away or lost in a closet.

I smoke mostly fruit flavors and some desert ones too. The eGo-c seems to do really well with the fruit ones. The desert ones are some times hit or miss. Does the VV really help that much for you? Adding more flavor seems to work out for me except on some chocolate flavors. They just don't seem to do as well. I keep messing with them though trying to find a fix.

Foxfur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
Portland, Oregon
I'd be wary of using deionized water. I used to run the DI H2O systems at a research lab complex. Only polymer lines and valves are used. DI H2O, being stripped of metal ions through ion exchange resin and polished with reverse osmosis, will scavenge metal ions from any metal it is in contact with, even stainless steel.
I'd suggest only using distilled water or water purified by reverse osmosis.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Does the VV really help that much for you? Adding more flavor seems to work out for me except on some chocolate flavors. They just don't seem to do as well. I keep messing with them though trying to find a fix.

I originally had the coffee blend on a vv big brother at 6V+ with a joye 4.2Ω atty and when I got the vv eGo batt I thought I'd give it a try at the 4.2v setting with a cisco 306lr - basically getting similar wattage and to my surprise - a bit because I hadn't worked out the wattage at that point - it lit up the coffee flavor just like the BB. So I stayed with it - rechargeable and all at my chair. And yes, it makes that much of a difference in flavor from an ego-c with an lr atty - tried that too. :) I think it's the nature of the coffee/espresso flavoring and the fact that I like it strong too. For some, an eGo-c might do the trick.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'd be wary of using deionized water. I used to run the DI H2O systems at a research lab complex. Only polymer lines and valves are used. DI H2O, being stripped of metal ions through ion exchange resin and polished with reverse osmosis, will scavenge metal ions from any metal it is in contact with, even stainless steel.
I'd suggest only using distilled water or water purified by reverse osmosis.

Actually I used distilled water - just couldn't grab the word and I know that for some other than chemists - the terms are near interchangeable - but thanks.

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
Well 2 days of use now. I think I'm going to retire my A-type ones now. The B's are easier to clean with the can shape instead of the cone shape. Not to mention they hold more liquid. They produce a lot less condensation inside the cone too.

I'll be curious to see the difference in the joyetech ones. Specially since they use a new head piece.

O-Man

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina

TommyO

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2012
Columbia River Gorge,Washington
Well I wish now that I had seen this thread before ordering my A Type Ego C. I really liked my B Type original but didn't like what I had to go thru to clean them, the C seems much easier. Oh well, I'll suffer with the A Type Ego C for a while then prolly end up ordering the B Type upgrade kit.
On a happier note I will be able to hook up the ego C A Type to the lavatube mini that should be in the mailbox tomorrow or the next day. I've noticed a serious lack of flavor with the attys that came with it because they are standard resistance. So I should be able to push a bit more voltage and get the flavor back. :vapor:

Edit: Yes I had to order an adapter so that my Ego tank cone would fit the lavatube, I'll see how it works and report back :)

Last edited:

O-Man

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
READD THIS- NEED HELP

Been using Ego-C for months now. Type A tanks have worked perfectly for so long but I wanted a larger tank (type B). I've been experimenting with it for about 2 weeks now and I find that when I get down to less than half full, my e liquid (that works PERFECTLY in my type A) starts leaking out into the atty and into the tank. We are talking about a large amount of liquid. Sometimes in a matter of minutes. When it's in my pocket I always keep it mouth piece down. I've tried thicker liquids and the same thing happens when I get close to the end of the tank. It seems like an atty problem where maybe the wick is not dense enough to control the liquid flowing through it. And I dont think it should be necessary to rewick brand new attys. I'm slowing getting more and more ...... about it seeing money literally go down the drain.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm experiencing the same with the one B that I have except it's more like in the last 1/4 of the tank and it doesn't do it every time. There was speculation on this prior to release and I'm guessing the feedback will result in something better later on - it might already be in the works but I'm just guessing on past experience. I know the soft cap on the B didn't help this one like it did on the t's. The A's have been flawless for me, so I'm staying with them until there are revisions of the first B's. I'd assume it's in the heads not the holders so don't throw anything out :)

So far - those with the 'retrofitted' B's, Riffy, et. al., aren't having a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread