EGO-C conversion kit's screw is stripped

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
I had an EGO-T e-cgarette, but I thought it would be easier just buying the EGO-T to EGO-C conversion kit because I would save money just buying atomizer heads instead of a whole new atomizer each time it dies. Within two days the coils of my EGO-C conversion kit is stripped on TWO e-cigarettes.

I can just slide the atomizer onto the battery now, and it will work, but there's lots of oscillation and I inhale lots of air (there isn't a tight seal anymore) so I'm not getting a full hit of steam and it's not pleasurable at all.

Instead of wasting all this money, can this be salvaged? Can i continue sliding the atomizer into the battery and somehow use something to seal it so that I'm not sucking in so much air?

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Can you post a picture of it so we can see if it's repairable?

Sorry about the bad quality picture, it's the best I can do on my cell phone.

IMG_20120425_134056.jpg

It appears the threads on the inside of the EGO-C conversion add-on are stripped. I don't have the tools to fix it here, and if I did I doubt it would matter seeing how quickly two were stripped. It just seems to be poorly designed.

I can slide the atomizer onto the battery though, and it works, however there's no seal and I suck in lots of air, and that's what I want to fix.

mikkey9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Chesterfield, England
Looking at your photo and comparing it with my ego c it looks as if the centre post has been pushed in, and it is this part that is threaded to hold it onto the battery,

IMG_0068.jpg

as you can see the centre post on mine is much further down the outer tube than yours.
maybe you can push it back down from the other end?

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Looking at your photo and comparing it with my ego c it looks as if the centre post has been pushed in, and it is this part that is threaded to hold it onto the battery,

View attachment 94993

as you can see the centre post on mine is much further down the outer tube than yours.
maybe you can push it back down from the other end?

I disassembled it and tried to just attach the metal part shown in the picture, but the threads are definitely stripped!

IMG_20120425_143004.jpg

mikkey9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Chesterfield, England
I disassembled it and tried to just attach the metal part shown in the picture, but the threads are definitely stripped!

View attachment 94996

There are no threads on the part in this pic, the threads are on the centre post that screws into the battery connection.
I know the opposite part on the battery has threads on the outside but the part you are holding in the pic is just a shroud that covers them, it does not screw on! The centre post screws in just like your charger does.

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Here

View attachment 94998

Just a thought have you checked your center post hasn`t been pulled out and is still screwed into one of your batteries

Thank you. You are right. The problem is the metal piece in the center broke off from the surrounding metal conversion kit, and I just assembled it without the broken metal piece. I threw it together and it did screw in, but the seal is still broken and I'm sucking in air. I put tape around the part where the atomizer and batter connect, and it's working, somewhat. I wish I could get a tighter seal though.

Maybe I'll just get a vision carotomizer. Do know if they use the EGO-C replaceable atomizer heads? At least I can salvage that

Last edited:

mikkey9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Chesterfield, England
Please be VERY VERY careful, the centre post is carries both the positive and the negative connections from the battery to the atomizer, if it is loose you could short out the battery!!
My advice would be to throw it away and get either a new one, or buy a clearomiser like these:-
C-E4 Plus Clearomiser - Single - Cloud 9 Vaping

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Please be VERY VERY careful, the centre post is carries both the positive and the negative connections from the battery to the atomizer, if it is loose you could short out the battery!!
My advice would be to throw it away and get either a new one, or buy a clearomiser like these:-
C-E4 Plus Clearomiser - Single - Cloud 9 Vaping

That looks good. I'm in Canada though, so the shipping would be exorbitant, and I can't find any American retailers for it.

My battery is a joyce egot 1000mah, so what does that translate to omh's? Also, with any cartamizer for this omh fit?

mikkey9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Chesterfield, England

I found another one that's local... would it be compatible with a 1000mAh EGO-T battery?

CE4 eGo Clearomizers

Yes all of these will work with your ego batteries but those are all SR (standard resistance, 2-3 ohm) you may get a better vape with LR (low resistance, 1.5-2 ohms) all of the ones you have linked to should also be available in LR too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread