eGo-C Drip Tip Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
I'm still very new to vaping, and spending a lot of time here reading about what I could be doing better. One thing I am interested in is drip tips, but I have some small questions regarding their use:

I got an eGo-C kit, and I have watched a few videos on how to use a drip tip. It looks like I would just take the tank off of my eGo cone and a tip would fit in there, then I can drip directly on the atty. Is this accurate, and will I need to get a specific sized tip to work on the eGo-C system, or a replacement cone?

I have type-A atomizers, should I go in for a set of type-B low res attys if I'm going to drip?

Currently I'm using type A attys with tanks, and I have a few clearomizers. I still haven't tried any of the low resistance gear yet, so I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it more or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
That's almost right. Remove the tank and you can drip on the atty. I don't think a drip tip will fit on the cone, though. You can use the empty tank for a mouthpiece.

I would take all that off and use a standard 510 LR atomizer.
Then you can use a 510 drip tip instead of the tank.
Bettery yet, use a dripping atty with a resistance of about 1.8-2ohms.

If you use a standard sized atty, you might need a different cone cone. Or, you can just leave the cone off entirely. It's not necessary if you use a standard sized atomizer.

Last edited:

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
Thanks for the advice sailorman. I will check into the 510 standard and dripping atomizers.

One more thing: I have read on here about drip guards, but I can't seem to find any actual information on what these are or how they work. I've tried google and youtube and come up blank. Is this something I should look into more if I want to drip?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for the advice sailorman. I will check into the 510 standard and dripping atomizers.

One more thing: I have read on here about drip guards, but I can't seem to find any actual information on what these are or how they work. I've tried google and youtube and come up blank. Is this something I should look into more if I want to drip?

Check empiremods.com They have a lot of dripping stuff. They seem to specialize in it. Drip guards fit around the atomizer and collect juice that would otherwise leak. They feed the leaked juice back into the atomizer through the holes in the bottom. They're nice, but not strictly necessary. You'd probably want one if you drip a lot though. Some of them look cool and they keep juice from dripping all over your PV.

Ikenvape.com is another site that's good for dripping atty's and supplies. I use the i06 and V2 Cannon. Both of these are pretty reasonably priced and they've lasted quite a long time, so far.

Last edited:

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
Found it - ecigcharleston.com

I was reading another new member's post and found out that Vulcan Vape is opening a brick and mortar store in my area next week, and their website has some basic dripping supplies. I think I may go down there and see if I can get an atty and drip tip to start off with. If I like it, then I'll crawl the web for more supplies. Thanks for the suggestions, I think I have a pretty good idea which direction I need to go now.

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
Thanks for all of the help and suggestions here. I actually ended up going to gotvapes because I wanted to try the Flux Phoenix and they had drip tip setups also. I got a LR 510 atty and an average resistance version. Trying to test out what variables I can, so that when I spring for a more long-term setup I can already know what it takes to make me happy.

Currently enjoying the best vaping experience I've had so far, by a long shot. So thanks again. :)

Last edited:

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
Glad you got it sorted out. Sorry for the bum website addys.

No worries! I just needed to know I was going in the right direction lol. Your posts here and to other's questions have consistently given me the tools I needed. From finding out about WTA e-juice to basic info about APV's.. I am positive that I would have given up otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread