Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, been vaping for close to 1 year, been using and have always used and bought the eGo models from the original eGo, 510-T, to the eGo-T from Heaven-Gifts.

I've recently made an order from Heaven-Gifts and have always had a good experience along with the quality of my parts and orders. But recently I've made and received my order for an eGo-C USB Battery and Atomizer. When i opened the package i was really excited but was bummed to find out my steel battery (v1 eGo-C battery not the upgrade version since they were out of stock) and the atomizer did not have the rubberized/plastic coating.

SO, now I am here with a bare steel battery and bare steel atomizer. The atomizer and battery do not have the black print like the previous model eGo-T which had black print along with a glossy clear coating. I would like to know if any of you other eGo-C investor's also have a bare steel battery and atomizer. It seems to be very odd that all of sudden out of nowhere joyetech would stop coating their steel labeled products. Could it be a quality control issue?

I've always got my liquid and ego products from Heaven-Gifts, it's been 1 year since doing business with them. IF I am being shafted in any kind of way I would like to know. I would also like to know where do you guys/gals get your official joyetech products. I've recommended Heaven-Gifts to all my friends and family and we all use Joy eGo-T's.

Sheriff420

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
NC
Stainless steel is an option.
Black is an option.
I got Stainless because the black chips off eventually anyway.
Did you specify that you wanted black? If you did then you need to contact the vendor and tell them that it isn't what you ordered.
If it is not an ego-c battery then you should call and fuss anyway because the ego-c battery has the three way LED that starts off white, turns green when it is below 50% power and blue when it is below 10% power. It is a better battery.

Stainless steel is an option.
Black is an option.
I got Stainless because the black chips off eventually anyway.
Did you specify that you wanted black? If you did then you need to contact the vendor and tell them that it isn't what you ordered.
If it is not an ego-c battery then you should call and fuss anyway because the ego-c battery has the three way LED that starts off white, turns green when it is below 50% power and blue when it is below 10% power.

I ordered steel, been buying steel colored ever since I went with the eGo-T. I actually went with Steel because yeah, the black coating eventually peels away in time. But my steel atomizers and batteries from the T series all have a clear coating, not bare metal.

Last edited:
The steel color is stainless steel so it won't rust. There is no need for a rubber type coating.

But that's not what i am asking, i am asking whether or not other people who have purchased steel eGo-C kits/parts who have the same thing as me. The previous steel atomizers and batteries from Joyetech (ordered through Heaven-Gifts) have been thinly clear coated with some type of rubber or plastic clear coating with black print. The eGo-C products that i have recently received are bare steel with laser engraving.

N rustica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
The eGo-C passthrough I got from Heavens-Gifts does not have a clear coat finish or black print. I think that's just the way they are making them now, not a QC issue. It was securely packaged for shipping, but the inside box was dented up. My EM Riva which contains Joyetech innards does have the clear coat finish though. I prefer the feel of the rubber/silicon button on the Riva, though we'll see if it lasts as long.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Don't know about Joyetech dictating the price their dealers have to sell their products for.

I've seen the eGo-C going anywhere from $79.99 to $99.99 on the web and for $109.99 at our local flea market.

Maybe Joyetech can dictate the minimum, though.

You are correct, it's minimum, meaning you don't save any money by ordering from China when you can get free shipping at home.

Thank you for the replies, i feel like i am now still in good hands with heaven gifts. The reason why i still go with heaven gifts is because i have so many points and i rack in coupons like no other. I am one of those shoppers where if you find a good source to stick with them.

I paid about 30 bucks for my USB battery powered eGo-T w/ atomizer and tanks (sale), it's lasted me about 8 months with no problems. This time i spent about 100 for my eGo-C w/ eGo-C atomizer housing, replacement atomizers, prepunched tanks, and 300ml of 36mg liquid.

The liquid on the other hand, i would love to find a closer source or if HG can sell in larger bulks. Basically i won't send my money anywhere else other than HG because of deals, customer support, points and coupons.

I can understand that. But customs would drive me nuts. I have no patience once I push the order button. :)

I've never had a custom's hold up, ever. I've ordered my e-cigs, radio control monster truck parts and batteries, airsoft guns, and transformer/anime toys/statues (toys/statues were from Japan) from China. The chances of your package being held at customs is zero-1%.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thank you for the replies, i feel like i am now still in good hands with heaven gifts. The reason why i still go with heaven gifts is because i have so many points and i rack in coupons like no other. I am one of those shoppers where if you find a good source to stick with them.

I paid about 30 bucks for my USB battery powered eGo-T w/ atomizer and tanks (sale), it's lasted me about 8 months with no problems. This time i spent about 100 for my eGo-C w/ eGo-C atomizer housing, replacement atomizers, prepunched tanks, and 300ml of 36mg liquid.

The liquid on the other hand, i would love to find a closer source or if HG can sell in larger bulks. Basically i won't send my money anywhere else other than HG because of deals, customer support, points and coupons.

I've been 'golden' at heaven gifts for over two years now :thumb: It pays for the shipping and more. Even better if you're buying bulk - and then I'll even ship airmail which makes it less.

I bought both the regular eG0-c upgrade batt and two upgrade PT's. The steel (no coating) was the only option for the regular batt and it has the eGo-C tm 'upgrade' etched on the body of the batt toward the end - isn't that easy to see. And of course the 'C' logo on the bottom cap. The PT's are black with white lettering. "Switched" is right, titanium and even earlier, 'silver' still had a coating - 'steel' or 'stainless' never has.

HG is a primary vendor of Joye products - I've sent back attys within the guarantee period that have been replaced, a pipe that was DOA - never a problem - and their EMS shipping lately has been 4-5 days to Ohio. Product seems to fly through customs these days.. there was a time when you wondered if you'd ever get anything, but even during that period, I never lost a shipment.

Last edited:
When i opened the package i was really excited but was bummed to find out my steel battery (v1 eGo-C battery not the upgrade version since they were out of stock) and the atomizer did not have the rubberized/plastic coating.
Does not sound like genuine Joyetech which although look like stainless steel actually have coating. The changes in design Joyetech did few months back make it more expensive and difficult for the manufacturers of the fakes.
Around same time (October 2011 I think) Joyetech introduced very strict control of the prices of eGo, eGoT and 510T, sending specifications of minimum retail prices, requiring retailers to publish their price-lists or risk withdrawal of dealer status. Since then many of well known "discount" online shops- mostly Dutch doubled their prices. This however changed this Friday, 510T, eGo T are "free" the strict minimum price applies only to eGo C.
I can hardly imagine huge company as I suppose HG is, selling worldwide significant quantities, to take such a risk as selling fakes, but it is Asia... someone in shipping section doing little business on the side, cheating company and customers , is not exactly unrealistic or unusual.
I sell eGo T,eGo C, 510T as a side (very small) business, competitors offered me prices with double or triple margin as compared to Joyetech. I stick to Joyetech because ... call me lazy, it is just side biz, little extra income I dont want to waste time with replacements, sending back etc. Joyetech is the most reliable Chinese product I ever dealt with (I am in music industry, wish Chinese were half that good in my biz), had only 2 defect 510T atomizers since I started selling September 2011(sold around 200 sets and plenty replacement parts). The distributors of cheaper products told me the failure rate is 1 in 10, but when I ask some shop owners it seems even higher.
I think it is worth to pay little more, preferably in a shop you can actually take the product in your hand or buy online in your country where you might have option of returning the product and get refund and not saving 10$ but actually loosing 50 or more. Same with liquids, I woudnt vape neither re sale any Chinese liquid except Dekang/Boge from 100% reliable source, poisoning myself or worse , other people, thanks but no thanks. I had some terrible experience with samples send to me free from some companies. There is lot of dangerous trash on the market, believe me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread