Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
Hi guys,

so I've been looking around for a friend of mine who wants to get
an upgrade for her old CE-5/Ego Twist combo and I wanted to suggest
the Ego One Mega to her because she likes that style of tank/battery
and I'm sure she will like the easyness of it.
But I wondered about the battery longevity of the Mega.
Is this battery long lasting? Can she expect to get a year of good battery
performance out of it?
I heard that the battery life can give you up to a day of vaping before going
red, so far that's pretty good.
If anyone had one of these I'd like to get some input from you guys!

Thanks alot for the heads up! :p

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ego One Mega is unregulated, 3.7v battery (2,600 mAh). I'm sure it's a great battery, but I wouldn't recommend getting an unregulated mod because she won't be able to adjust her voltage (wattage) to her taste, like she's probably doing now with her eGo Twist. Or at least ask her if she'd be OK with a set voltage mod.

There are so many great small vv/vw box mods on market nowadays--iStick 30 or 40, Cool Fire 4, Defender 36w etc. You can buy the eGo mega (or Tron) tank separately, it that's what she would like. Make sure your get CLR (rebuildable) coils--they are much better than the CL coils.

Good luck!

Heybilox

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Belle River, ON, CAN
I agree with Katya on the CLR coils, however I do love my Ego one mega for my bopping around mod. It's a great small sized device and just fits good in your hand. I also have the Ego one VT when I'm out and about and what to use my CLR titanium .5 coils. I also have the Evic VTC mini for just puffing at home. I have had my ego one mega for over half a year and it's still going strong with great battery life for the day and I'm a chain vaper.
I personally like the mega one tank over the tron T tank, the T is hard to see the juice level without bright lighting. However I do have an S ordered from Fasttech.
I have been very satisfied with all my Joyetech purchases, hope this helps.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Better because they're rebuildable, or better in other ways as well?

I haven't tried the CL coils myself. My eGo Mega that was included with the Evic VTC mini kit came with TC coils only, and I didn't care for them at all. So I asked around, and everybody told me stay away from the CLs, so I listened.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
eGo One Mega is regulated, but unable to change watts and is set by the ohms of the coil. Battery does last a good amount of time. Tron tank is better than the EGo One Mega tank. I find the mega leaks a fair bit. A lot of people use them for stealth vaping as well. They produce good clouds and if that is the thing she likes I say go for it. Won't be able to run Temperature Control coils with it. Likely want the .5 coils with it. Everyone says CLR coils are easy to rebuild. I never understand that as the CL coils are the easiest coils I have ever rebuilt. Only one wire goes to the bottom and other wire traps in the top cap. Much bigger air channel with a vertical coil. My wife uses a Mega and a Tron. I have rebuilt just about every coil made other than the new ceramic coils. CHEERS!

Reactions: tckenno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread