Ego-t atty and tank cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I ask is I bought my wife a LUX for Christmas. She loves the longer lasting bat but is having problems with leakage with the 902 cartridge. The carto's work well but she is VERY eco minded and hates throwing carts away. We have tried the blue foam and tea bag mod with little success. Personally, I think part of the problem is the HALO menthol ice juice. Seems very thin to me. Just looking for options.

OMG!! She's throwing the carto's away??!! Are they dead or just empty?? (at the risk of sounding stupid)

I don't know what kind you are using, but just about every brand/model is refillable in one way or another... and the metal parts of them can be recycled... :)

We have thrown away two dead cartomizers each about two months old. These were re-filled numerous times and cleaned also. I have to say we have had mixed results with cleaning cartomizers. They are sold as disposable units are they not?

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Yeah they are. You're getting good use out of them. And I don't bother cleaning them either. Being I believe both a LUX and EGO can take a 510 atty, I'm going to guess you're safe. If you try it though, make it a small order to begin with. If the eco garbage thing is an issue maybe figure out how many bags of garbage you throw away a week and then figure out how long it would take you to throw away even one garbage bag full of only cartomizers? My guess, at 2 months per carto, is that you'd never fill a bag. If a tank atty is 2x larger, it will have to last longer than 4 months and so forth. Or the fact that one atty or carto every 2 months is way better than 1,200 cigarette butts, assuming a pack a day. I just re-read all that and it sounded negative, so just know I didn't mean it that way. I just didn't know if you wanted or needed some ammo for tossing attys or cartos when its needed. I can say that what I'd love to see is a 902L Cartomizer. L for LUX, or Large. This carto would be the size and shape of the cone. Less parts and more liquid = easier and more vaping between refills. :) Yes they would cost more, but I have a feeling they'd actually be more cost effective based on size and how many drags you'd get before having to toss it.

Yeah they are. You're getting good use out of them. And I don't bother cleaning them either. Being I believe both a LUX and EGO can take a 510 atty, I'm going to guess you're safe. If you try it though, make it a small order to begin with. If the eco garbage thing is an issue maybe figure out how many bags of garbage you throw away a week and then figure out how long it would take you to throw away even one garbage bag full of only cartomizers? My guess, at 2 months per carto, is that you'd never fill a bag. If a tank atty is 2x larger, it will have to last longer than 4 months and so forth. Or the fact that one atty or carto every 2 months is way better than 1,200 cigarette butts, assuming a pack a day. I just re-read all that and it sounded negative, so just know I didn't mean it that way. I just didn't know if you wanted or needed some ammo for tossing attys or cartos when its needed. I can say that what I'd love to see is a 902L Cartomizer. L for LUX, or Large. This carto would be the size and shape of the cone. Less parts and more liquid = easier and more vaping between refills. :) Yes they would cost more, but I have a feeling they'd actually be more cost effective based on size and how many drags you'd get before having to toss it.

Yea my wife gets carried away with this ECO thing sometimes. I think she is using the carto's too long. The packing(filler) would have to break down around the coil eventually causing a burnt taste. I drip about eighty percent of the time now. Just seem to get the best taste with dripping. I would like to see Tony sell a low ohm(SS) carto as the 902 SS is all I use now. It would result in a shorter life of the carto I would assume.

Divulgation

Dec 10, 2010
Minnesota
I think they might have a tank system for the Lux but it might not be an official modern vapor brand. The volcano Inferno looks to be the same model as the Lux (I know they have some slight differences in the why they connect but volcano has a rubber ring) and they carry a tank system for it. I believe that volcano inferno tank system would fit the Lux better then the ego tank, but I don't actually have the volcano tank and so I have not tried it. Just my thought, if it helps.

Divulgation

Dec 10, 2010
Minnesota
That sounds great. Do you know or can you tell us if the tank system for the LUX will be a standard tank atty or will it be a LR tank atty? My brother has a LR tank atty that he just received a couple of day ago and that thing is really good compared to the standard tank atty. I have the chrome LUX and I use the LR atty and LR carto with. That's my problem, lol, once I've gone LR, it's hard to come back to the standard, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread