Ego t. Battery drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
Mosman
Yup that is correct... But here's the kicker, I got 2 newish batteries from the vendors right hand man who said" both are charged but I've been using this one today..." So after an hour use using one (say 20 puffs) I swapped batteries to check out the other battery(i was excited) and that was in use for say 2 hours(screwed in and say 15 puffs) then I swapped back and that's when it all went pear shaped...

If you had the same outcome with the second battery's chances are your atty is causing your batteries to malfunction, if they are say a 2.2ohm res. and have dropped off to 1.5 or lower they may have frapped the batteries. In your case I'd be lookin into that charger to they are cheap, it may be the wire, or the charger $ 3 Bucks each. plug your adapter into pc see if it buzzes, pull it out right away if it does and just replace that. Are you using more than one CE4, one may be the culprit. Also if you screw em down to hard you push the post down, so gently pry it up again, most likely your problem. Charger may be buzzing as it may not be getting full contact with post. Screw attys on gently, different types and brands onto the same battery may cause the post to push down to as some screw in a teeny bit more or less. Use a tiny screwdriver to pry on post, don't think a paper clip will cut it.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
Mosman
I have called the vendor he is sending out a new charger.... Get this
I went to unscrew the 2 tiny screws on the charger cord and both screws had rusty heads!!!! I'm thinking the charger was not exactly new!

chronic dripper, what your saying is that my CE4 tank is sucking the battery dry and when the battery gets to a certain level it ain't strong enough to fire up my CE4 tank(atty) ... So what I did was put the original plastic blue tank atty with the little rubber cap and it did the same thing....

I'm going to wait for this new charger and hope like hell its the end of my dramas... however I fear it won't be...

back to the cigarettes till then!!!!

shlamko

Aug 22, 2012
Israel
I have called the vendor he is sending out a new charger.... Get this
I went to unscrew the 2 tiny screws on the charger cord and both screws had rusty heads!!!! I'm thinking the charger was not exactly new!

chronic dripper, what your saying is that my CE4 tank is sucking the battery dry and when the battery gets to a certain level it ain't strong enough to fire up my CE4 tank(atty) ... So what I did was put the original plastic blue tank atty with the little rubber cap and it did the same thing....

I'm going to wait for this new charger and hope like hell its the end of my dramas... however I fear it won't be...

back to the cigarettes till then!!!!

The battery is the problem. Wipe the battery's contacts with alcohol and let it dry for a few moments

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
Mosman
The vendor is an Aussie website
totally hopeless can only get him on email... Took him 2 weeks to get a delivery across town!
website always broken never replies to emails...
I can only get his part time right hand man... Who by the way won't pass on his number. And out of respect I will no longer harrass
I have spent $140 to get set up and I'm still smoking ye ol lung busters... Waiting. For communication from him...

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    To begin with the charger light stays green when the battery doesn't need to be charged. You can put the battery on 100 different chargers if you want, but none of them will recharge a battery that doesn't need it.
    Next you can put that partially shorted Nova tank on 100 different eGo batteries, but it will just blow the mosfet ckt out on every one of them.
    Or, you can center the coil in the Nova atomizer to clear the short, then put it on a eGo battery that still works, and vape away.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
    Mosman
    tj99959 you got me curious but as an ultra noob you're gonna break down what you just said into laymens terms for me

im lead to believe the charger light goes red when chArging and green when charged... The only time I see the red light is for a nanosecond when I turn it off... I have switched to the original set up the ego-t came with and the exact same thing is happening... In saying that I don't feel the batteries are flat as I have used both for an hour each...

but please explain for me a bit easier I must also check the thread for terminology and abbrev.s

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    tj99959 you got me curious but as an ultra noob you're gonna break down what you just said into laymens terms for me

im lead to believe the charger light goes red when chArging and green when charged... The only time I see the red light is for a nanosecond when I turn it off... I have switched to the original set up the ego-t came with and the exact same thing is happening... In saying that I don't feel the batteries are flat as I have used both for an hour each...

but please explain for me a bit easier I must also check the thread for terminology and abbrev.s

I'm saying that you have blown the circuit board out on your eGo batteries, and they are now ready for the trash bin. Putting that Nova tank, that has a short, on yet another eGo battery will just do the same thing, and you will have another eGo battery ready for the trash.

FIX THE NOVA TANK before you try it on another eGo battery.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Eight flashes of the blue light? Mine never flash more than 5 times (for when I click it on or off). Also, I've never heard any noises coming from any of my 6 ego chargers. Are we allowed to as you which vendor you used to buy these batteries and chargers? or was it several different vendors? Did you contact them about this? Did they reply?
    I used to charge my batteries overnight, but yesterday one of my ego-c twist 650 mah batts literally overheated while I was holding it.. even after I clicked it off !!! then it died a few hours later... My point being, if they can overheat like that, scorch your fingers.... don't take any chances with them overnight being pluggged in while you're sleeping!
    Good luck finding a solution. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
    Mosman
    it was the charger..... it was that crazy buzzing charger.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i got a new charging cord and wasn't too impressed because once again it took two weeks to get a delivery 100 kilometres across town!

so immediate differences were i noticed that the charger screw in contact head thingy was very different, the screws weren't rusty and it didn't have this funny melted part on the back of it...

still not overly confident until i screwed in the battery....

the light went RED, fire engine RED, and the buzzing disappeared...!!!!!
    it only buzzes now when its charged and the light turns green!!!!

one, over the moon happy vaper now!!

to everyone that told me to investigate the charger, THANK YOU!!!!

now who has all the flavoured ejuice i must get me some flavours....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread