Ego-T Type B Tank vs. Ego-T Battery with CE2 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushcreek

Apr 8, 2011
texas
After trying the Type A tanks a couple of months ago I gave up on the tanks. No flavor at all. About a week ago I decided to give the tanks one more chance and tried the Type Bs. I agree with you. They really were better than my CE2. The flavor was great. I am really impressed with them. But then the first tank started leaking, so tried the second and it leaked immediately and then the third. It's got to be something I'm doing wrong. Just don't know what. I hate to give up on them again. Any ideas what my problem could be?

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
After trying the Type A tanks a couple of months ago I gave up on the tanks. No flavor at all. About a week ago I decided to give the tanks one more chance and tried the Type Bs. I agree with you. They really were better than my CE2. The flavor was great. I am really impressed with them. But then the first tank started leaking, so tried the second and it leaked immediately and then the third. It's got to be something I'm doing wrong. Just don't know what. I hate to give up on them again. Any ideas what my problem could be?

I don't use anything other than Genuine Joye Type B atomizers and tanks. Maybe that could be it. I've not had anything except very minor seepage and part of that was probably condensation from draws. I also release the button and continue to draw for a second or two. Otherwise, already formed vapor not emptied out will condense. I hope this helps you some.

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Do excuse me for seeming so unknowledgable. But i have an ego (i think it's a copy) with an 1100mah battery and a tank system. It's just a little clear cylinder cup within a round cartridge. My question is : Have i got the "A" tank ? If i have is there a picture i can check out to compare with the "B"tank. Thank you. I have owned this ego for about a month now but have only tried it out today. I do have a perfectly good xp900 (another ego clone).

Gru

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Illinois
.... But then the first tank started leaking, so tried the second and it leaked immediately and then the third. It's got to be something I'm doing wrong. Just don't know what. I hate to give up on them again. Any ideas what my problem could be?

Where is it leaking?

If it is leaking out the end of the mouthpiece and into your mouth, you are sucking way too hard.

If it is leaking between the battery and the atty, you will hear a gurgling sound when you puff on it. This is because you either have a serious wick problem, or because you left the PV in the upright position and forgot what gravity does.
Leave the PV laying flat when not in use. When you puff on it, tilt it toward the ground and in this case gravity will be your friend and supply the coil with the juice that it needs.

If it is leaking between the tank and the atty, make sure that the cap on the tank is snapped firmly into place. Also make sure the tank is pushed all the way into the atty. If you are using the soft rubber mouthpiece that comes with the kit, take it off and don't use it. I have found that the rubber mouthpiece wicks juice from the joint between the tank and the atty. Since I quit using the rubber mouthpiece, I haven't had any of my tanks leak from the joint, unless I lay the PV down on a piece of paper or a napkin, then the paper or napkin will wick juice from the joint.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Do excuse me for seeming so unknowledgable. But i have an ego (i think it's a copy) with an 1100mah battery and a tank system. It's just a little clear cylinder cup within a round cartridge. My question is : Have i got the "A" tank ? If i have is there a picture i can check out to compare with the "B"tank. Thank you. I have owned this ego for about a month now but have only tried it out today. I do have a perfectly good xp900 (another ego clone).

First, let's make sure we are talking about the same thing - Tanks - NO filler material. The Ego-T Type A Tank holds about 1 ml of juice and the Ego-T Type B Tank holds about 2 ml of juice. I couldn't speak for clones because all I've ever used is Genuine Joye atomizers and tanks. I have the Type A, Type B, and several other configurations for the Ego-T. The Type A was just okay, but the Type B Tank is what I'm recommending. I had some problems with the Type A and other configurations. I've had zero problems with the Type B Tank and highly recommend it.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm using the Genuine Joye Type B. The first tank worked great for two days. But now half the juice will run out in minutes. I wish I could figure it out because I really like the Type B

I've never gotten a dud (DOA) or part of a bad batch using Genuine Joye Type B parts, but maybe you did. You might want to check your tank for cracks and make sure you have it seated all the way. Or contact your vendor and see what they say.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Where is it leaking?

If it is leaking out the end of the mouthpiece and into your mouth, you are sucking way too hard.

If it is leaking between the battery and the atty, you will hear a gurgling sound when you puff on it. This is because you either have a serious wick problem, or because you left the PV in the upright position and forgot what gravity does.
Leave the PV laying flat when not in use. When you puff on it, tilt it toward the ground and in this case gravity will be your friend and supply the coil with the juice that it needs.

If it is leaking between the tank and the atty, make sure that the cap on the tank is snapped firmly into place. Also make sure the tank is pushed all the way into the atty. If you are using the soft rubber mouthpiece that comes with the kit, take it off and don't use it. I have found that the rubber mouthpiece wicks juice from the joint between the tank and the atty. Since I quit using the rubber mouthpiece, I haven't had any of my tanks leak from the joint, unless I lay the PV down on a piece of paper or a napkin, then the paper or napkin will wick juice from the joint.

I think that we're talking about two different products. On the Ego-T Type B Large Tank - the Tank is the mouthpiece. I think that you're talking about a cartomizer or cartridge containing fiber filling. The Type B Large Tank is completely empty until you put juice in it.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
You would be right, but only with the initial cost. Over the longer term, one can operate the Ego-T Type B atomizer and Type B tanks cheaper than the CE2 XL. But if you like it - whatever floats your boat.
With the cost of the B atomizer and the cost of a clearomizer (you get a new coil in each new clearomizer) and clearo's are less than 2 Dollars. What I like about the clearo's is that they can be cleaned and Dry burned and then they are like new again. I can clean them over and over. The B's I find are hard to really clean, and Dry burning is difficult because you can't see the coil so is easy to pop the coil doing a dry burn. So clearo's are a better value for Me, just my opinion. I do really the Type A and B when they are working, but find it hard to keep them working very long, so for the cost difference I can't justify the cost of the A/B's

Gru

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Illinois
mouthpiece.jpg

I think that we're talking about two different products. On the Ego-T Type B Large Tank - the Tank is the mouthpiece. I think that you're talking about a cartomizer or cartridge containing fiber filling. The Type B Large Tank is completely empty until you put juice in it.

Yes, I have the Type B, and the tank is the mouthpiece, but my kit came with two soft rubber mouthpieces that cover the mouthpiece of the tank just to give it a softer feel. The rubber mouthpiece is just long enough to span the joint between the tank and the atty and ends up wicking juice from the joint where the tank and the atty meet. I recommend not using them to minimize leakage.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
View attachment 43048

Yes, I have the Type B, and the tank is the mouthpiece, but my kit came with two soft rubber mouthpieces that cover the mouthpiece of the tank just to give it a softer feel. The rubber mouthpiece is just long enough to span the joint between the tank and the atty and ends up wicking juice from the joint where the tank and the atty meet. I recommend not using them to minimize leakage.

Now I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't use those either. This is a good example of how easy it is to get confused about so many different product configurations. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I'm glad to see this thread. I was looking at CE2's. I do have Ego-T type B tank and I'm using a low resistance atty.

I believe some flavors benefit with the Ego-T Type B LR. There are a couple of flavors other people rave about that I can't taste, so I am researching what I should try.

It seems I am not too thrilled with cartomisers. My Go-Go uses them and with the exception of one juice everything tastes better on my Ego-T than Go-Go. I had one cartomiser (unidentified I posted a pic of it and nobody has identified it) for my Ego and I hated it.

That's why I thought about Ce-2, no filler and different than what I have.

Any suggestions? Maybe I should just try an Ego Booster or try a mod. I would want one that functions well with no filler, only attys, and a dial to get different flavors from different juices. I'm not sure if a VV would do this or not.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread