eGo twist problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommavapes

Mar 3, 2016
Are any parts from these 3 tanks being used over again? Any part at all for connecting to the tank? Please provide more details on what you mean by flooding your battery? I am surprised none of the senior members has chimed in yet??
everything is brand new, I didn't transfer any old pieces at all. and I am also not twisting it too tight, so I'm not thinking that it is the rubber washers getting bent up.. by flooding I mean that the ejuices are going into the top of the battery resulting in tons of gurgling and getting ejuice into my mouth

I suggest posting that your tank is leaking over on the General Forum. The battery doesn't seem to be the problem.
I will definitely do that, thanks!

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
A few things can cause a tank to leak:
1 - transporting it across atmospheric pressure differences (take it on a plane)
2 - temperature rising (leave it in a hot car, or sometimes your pants pocket)
3 - not enough wicking material inside it with a runny e-liquid
4 - missing/broken o-rings
5 - user error (screw your coils in tight, but not with a tool)

If the tank is leaky after you checked for these things I would say just ask around for advice on a better one.
tip: When screwing your tank on a battery, just firm is more than enough to make a connection once you feel the pins grinding on eachother.

quigonmat

Feb 23, 2013
ON, Canada
My main go to for vaping is my protank mini 2 on an ego style battery. I had the same problems at first and then discovered a little trick.

When it starts to gurgle, it seems to be that the wick is leaking juice into the center tube. I always keep it on its side to try and reduce this but its especially noticeable when I first fill it up as once its half empty, it seems to stop leaking into the center tube area.

What I do is keep a roll of ordinary toilet paper by where I refill the tank for e-juice messes and noticed that if I take just 1 square of the toilet paper and rip off a little strip lengthwise from that 1 square. I get a strip the length of the 1 square (4 inch) about 1/2 inch wide. If you try one way it wont rip straight but the other way it rips off perfectly (perpendicular to the perforation). I then fold that in half so its about 1/2 inch by 2 inch and then twist it into a little pipe cleaner and send it down the mouthpiece tube while twisting it and it goes right in and soaks up the extra juice just sitting down by the coil.

I don't even take the mouthpiece off. Then though away the little diy pipe cleaner and I'm good to go for quite some time without getting messy and fiddling about too much. Also when I'm filling the tank I take it off the battery and clean out the connector section of the battery in much the same way but rip a wider strip off the paper.

Works for me, I've been doing this for 2 years and the process is like second nature when I fill the tank.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread