ego twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
hi, i believe many of you have used ego twist before, and no doubt its great. How long is the twist's lifespan? Thought of getting another twist, but if it has a short lifespan i'd rather get a vmax which i believe would last much longer.

The vmax's high voltage range isnt really important as i vape on 4.4v with my twist.

any advice? thanks in advance:laugh:

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
I haven't had any issues at all with mine, nor have I heard of any from users about short lifespan. I like them for their size and ease of use. I am saving up for a Provari, but I imagine I will always use my twists, regardless of whatever else I get.

How long have you been using your twist? If it's last a year or longer I would probably grab a couple of then ..
Have been using my twist for about a month only so I wouldn't be able to judge..

kiffy

Jun 9, 2012
Ireland
hi, i believe many of you have used ego twist before, and no doubt its great. How long is the twist's lifespan? Thought of getting another twist, but if it has a short lifespan i'd rather get a vmax which i believe would last much longer.

The vmax's high voltage range isnt really important as i vape on 4.4v with my twist.

any advice? thanks in advance:laugh:
The Irish website I bought my 3 Twist batteries quoted 300 charges, but then again nearly every battery I have bought say battery lasts 300 charges, must be a rule of thumb. Don't use mine anymore so they should last me years :laugh: (vGo 1300 4 me) but my Lavatube (also redundant) is better value, their 18650 battery (also quotes 300 charges costs less than half the price of a Twist (also 3 batteries).
So if their life span can be believed and you have 2 and charge one a day, one should last you 600 days. Or in my case with 3 batteries and rotating them one should last 900 days, trouble would be all 3 batteries would pack up in the same week :?:.

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
The Irish website I bought my 3 Twist batteries quoted 300 charges, but then again nearly every battery I have bought say battery lasts 300 charges, must be a rule of thumb. Don't use mine anymore so they should last me years :laugh: (vGo 1300 4 me) but my Lavatube (also redundant) is better value, their 18650 battery (also quotes 300 charges costs less than half the price of a Twist (also 3 batteries).
So if their life span can be believed and you have 2 and charge one a day, one should last you 600 days. Or in my case with 3 batteries and rotating them one should last 900 days, trouble would be all 3 batteries would pack up in the same week :?:.

Yes I remember seeing the 300 charges somewhere too! If it's true, I would probably get a vmax or a lava and just replace the battery. But there's a problem, even if I can replace the batteries which are cheaper on higher end mods, the circuit would still be a problem after a long run I guess? Please advice. :D

kiffy

Jun 9, 2012
Ireland
Yes I remember seeing the 300 charges somewhere too! If it's true, I would probably get a vmax or a lava and just replace the battery. But there's a problem, even if I can replace the batteries which are cheaper on higher end mods, the circuit would still be a problem after a long run I guess? Please advice. :D
It's a choice you will have to make, how long will the circuitry last on a mod? a new Lavatube body will cost about €45 about the price of 2 Twist's at €21.5. Six of one half a dozen of another. Personally I prefer the Lavatube and would go that way and buy replacement batteries for €8, nearly 3 for the price of a Twist.

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
It's a choice you will have to make, how long will the circuitry last on a mod? a new Lavatube body will cost about €45 about the price of 2 Twist's at €21.5. Six of one half a dozen of another. Personally I prefer the Lavatube and would go that way and buy replacement batteries for €8, nearly 3 for the price of a Twist.

Hmm the vmax uses 2 batts.. dam if the circuit of the vmax could last a good five years... :evil:

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
Not that long. Vaping for about 4 months on it constantly. It won't last forever, but they are completely reliable and inexpensive for a vv. The bats aren't replaceable, so I imagine I will have to buy another down the road. But again, they are affordable.

Yep, best part is it's vv up to 4.8v. Had high hopes for the eCab but after seeing the review ... :facepalm:

Guess I'll stick to the twist and get another for backup :p

notdurrr

Dec 15, 2009
England
voltage X voltage / ohms = watts.

It is only the watts your after, so why not use less ohms? This thread reminds me of the youtube video "Spinal Tap - 11"

It was not that long ago that we were changing batteries on a monthly basis because we were charging them 6 times a day or so, things have improved a lot. If you want something to last more months then my only advice would be to get the biggest battery you could. This way they need less charging per month, and last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread