Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
Just got my review up on site, thought I'd share. For the full review with all the pretty pictures, click here

Ive been using VV for a while, and I tend to keep toward the lower end of their range. I was also looking into the eGo Booster but worried about my old shotty eGo batteries ability to handle the strain. That and Ive been looking for a gateway mod to get a few of my starter vaper friends over to the vv mod side. What could be better than an eGo that can change voltages? Just a few clicks and you can go from 3.2 to 3.7 to 4.2 volts, that sounds simple enough. Gotvapes also has a similar pass through that lets you charge and vape at 3 voltages as well, But lets take a look at the eGo VV

First Hit, Straight out of the box I gave it a few clicks to get it over to 4.2 and loaded a carto with Boba's Bounty,the darkest, thickest, VG I have. 4.2 volts was more than enough to produce a solid vapor. I kicked it down to 3.7 (10 clicks) and was still getting a nice vapor, (10 more clicks to get back around) and its a little too low for me. But another cart with CCV black n mild and Im sticking to 3.2 -3.7, thats the great part about VV it lets you choose the best voltage for what ever you happen to be vaping at the moment, no switching batteries, no screw drivers, just a few simple clicks and you can perfect your vape.

Blue light means 4.2 volts
Red is 3.2
Purple, witch you can see is just the red and blue light together is 3.7

The LED battery bar is a great feature I wish more mods had, its nice to know how much battery you have left. I was stuck in the mountains of WV this weekend. On the trip up I used up a lot of battery, so a simple charge in the truck and it was ready for the rest of the day.The lights take away from the ability to stealth vape, but the battery light is worth every question or joke I had to listen to.

The battery life at 3.7 was the same as any other eGo battery at 650mah, The clicks up to 4.2 only slightly decreased the life by about an hour, 3.2 didnt give me quite an extra hour but it did eat less battery. The fact that this is an eGo makes it easy and familiar to a lot of people and the VV gives them a chance to try vaping a little higher or lower than the standard 3.7.

Size factor, Its just a bit taller than a standard 650 mah eGo battery. Its about the size of a 900 mah battery

Over all Im keeping this toy around, Its just too easy to use, I get VV, compatible with all my 510 chargers, I know how much battery I have, its just too easy. Im throwing this in my bag for daily use just because of that, ease of use. Nothing flashy but the lights on this one, simple, effecient and yet another variation of a tried and true setup. EGos are every where and this is just the next logical stem in a long line of devices, call it the ego evolution.

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
I don't get how these are not all over the forum as the next best thing since sliced bread. My only guess is that the majority of ego users have no idea of the benefits of VV in a PV. I'm willing to bet that new users are not the customers buying all these up either, experienced VV mod owners looking for a backup or obsessive buyers who need one of everything. Adjusting the voltage can bring out flavors that were hidden in your juices and are just more enjoyable all together. I wish my ego batteries were VV.

BWG707

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
I picked up the ego v.v. usb passthrough and really like it. For the price it was a no brainer, $12 shipped with the ego deluxe carrying case. It's great for in the car. I'm using the 5v 2amp charger wart. I use it alot while on my computer but I don't plug into the computer (I use a wall outlet) I'm not taking any chances with anything going wrong while connected to my computer, it's just not worth taking that kind of chance and anyway it's just as easy to plug into the wall. This is a fun little device.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I was wondering about that device. It looked ok, but I wanted to be able to use my ego batteries I already had, as I didn't want to limit myself to the 650 mah size of that 1 battery. I've got 1 ego 900 mah battery I've been using since Feb that's pretty beat up (see my avi), but it's been my daily use battery since I got the EB a month ago and it's been working great. Glad to hear that the VV ego batts are working good though. The ego is coming a long way. Now they have 1100 and 1300 mah batteries, and even some with LCD screens that show how much battery life is left. Maybe some day the ego will have all these features included as their standard battery. That's what I'm waiting for :)

BWG707

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
This is the first V.V. e cig that I have owned. I do like playing with the volts making the juices warmer, it gives alittle different tastes at different settings. My main device is a Glv-2 5v. which I like alot. It's not V.V. but you can use any ohm cartos you want with it. It adjusts somehow to each different ohms and always performs very well. There is a thread somewhere on here actually showing how this works with the GLV-2. I'm still not tempted enough to purchase a V.V. mod yet but if I did I would get an Eclipse.

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
Dang, sorry to hear that icy. I'm sure the vender will replace that if it's only 14 days old, i would contact them right away.

What resistance atomizer/carto were you using? I find that the LR gear works better at the selectable voltage range with this PV. 5 Ohm @ 6V is not impressive to me, but 2.0 Ohm @ 4.2V is great and has very nice vapor production. I don't like taking a 20 second pull to get a nice hit, LR smoktech at 4.2V is treating me very nice.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
If I wasn't going to stay away from GotVapes before I definitely am now. I understand quality issues on new products, but not standing behind what you're selling is unacceptable. 7 days warranty? And you have to pay for return shipping? You're not the only one saying they have pin problems. The one I have stays on occasionally after I've released the button. I have trouble getting it to switch voltage. Sometimes I end up needing to click 20 times to get it to switch to the next voltage position. I figure mine has a button issue. Not entirely surprising since the thing rattles like a ...... off snake. The best thing the eGo VV did for me was get me to buy a ProVari. Now THAT is built like a tank. So maybe it wasn't such a bad purchase after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread