EgoXL Starter kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Do you mean a starter kit that comes with the xl batteries (900mah) and the xl attys/carts? If it's just the batteries with 510 attys, healthcabin has them for $55 for two complete 900s.

JOYE EGO : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

I haven't seen anyone with the xl attys in a starter kit but it can't be long before that becomes common.

As to the batteries, the 650mah lasts me (moderate to heavy user) on average about 6-7 hours, the 900mah lasts about 11-12hours give or take. Haven't gotten hold of a 1000mah yet but I would imagine it adds about 1-2 hours. One of my friends is a light to moderate vaper and she get almost 3 days of use out of one of the little 650's. I guess it all depends on how often you use it.

It takes a little less than an hour to charge an empty 650, and about 2 hours to charge a 900 using the ego specific USB rapid charger. Takes around 3 hours for a 650 and 4 or so hours for a 900 using the 510 chargers. If you get the kit and it doesn't have one of these, definitely order one, its worth it. The healthcabin one comes with it.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Agreed, the main issue i've seen around the forum is that the "mega atty" used to refer to the longer 510 attys with longer 510 carts. Now they come out with 2 new large ego specific attys and call them "mega" too. Half the people don't know which one others are refering to and some websites call them by different names. Some china sites are calling them type a or b, some call them cone or cylinder, some offer only one type. The new ones have been referred to with names like "Mega XL", "Jumbo", "Super", and "Monster".

Hopefully everyone will come to a consensus soon and call them by one name or the other so we don't have to call them the "Mega-supreme-super-duper-XL-monster-round-not-cone-attys".

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Hopefully everyone will come to a consensus soon and call them by one name or the other so we don't have to call them the "Mega-supreme-super-duper-XL-monster-round-not-cone-attys".

I'd like to see batts referred to just by major model #, and mah capacity. It'd be just like motorcycles then. I had a Honda Nighthawk 750. A friend of mine had a Nighthawk 700. So with eGo, there's eGo650, eGo900, and eGo1000. Of course, if it's from TW, then it's a "Tornado" which mungs things up a bit, but maybe we can ignore them. :p

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I'm going to sound like a dummy, but healthcabin is a chinese site correct and if so has anyone experienced their shipments never coming cause it got stuck in customs? I want to order from them sooo badly but A. the shipping costs are a bit ouch and B. I don't want my package getting "stuck" and me being out of my money and my order.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
I ordered twice from Health Cabin and now twice from Heaven's Gift's (both Chinese). The first three times the orders came in without a hitch, though the delivery time was about 15 days in each case. As for the fourth time, well it's now been 22 days. The website says delivery takes 12-25 days, so I'm still in their window. But I'm getting a bit concerned. The lower prices you often get from Chinese vendors are tempting, but I have to say the long shipping times (if you chose the inexpensive shipping option which is necessary or else the prices aren't actually cheaper) is a bit daunting. The other consideration is that buying from an American vendor helps support our economy. Even if they are selling Chinese products, the fact that some profits go to the American vendor does help support jobs here. I am thinking after this latest experience, I'm going to stick with American vendors even if the atties cost me a buck or two more. It's almost worth it just to get your supplies in 2-3 days instead of 15-20.

- wolf

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I'm going to sound like a dummy, but healthcabin is a chinese site correct and if so has anyone experienced their shipments never coming cause it got stuck in customs? I want to order from them sooo badly but A. the shipping costs are a bit ouch and B. I don't want my package getting "stuck" and me being out of my money and my order.

I hope you won't be disappointed that you don't sound like a dummy; just justifiably cautious.

I have a lone experience with a Chinese supplier; all went well, it just took a very long time. It was during my vaping infancy, after I'd figured out that the M401clone I'd spent way, way too much for was an underperfoming turkey. I figured I could limp along with it until the 510 kit arrived from Hong Kong. I was wrong, broke down and bought another locally, which came in two days. In another 2 weeks, the Hong Kong kit finally showed up.

Luckily, I was home at the time, because Chinese imports, it appears, have to be handed to someone of legal age who can sign their name. I'd have had to stand in line at the post office for half an hour had I been away.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Does anyone know if and where these are available?

Also, a few sites say they last over a day, some say 9 hours. Anyone know a better estimate, I vape about 2 ml's a day.

You can get a kit with 900mAh batteries for $79 at Nhaler: EGOMania 900. Use this 10% discount code in checkout and that'll drop to $71.10: saveinnj

Are there now "XL" attys and carts too? Yow. As if there weren't already enough confusion in the 510/eGo/Riva/Hello domain, with "mega" getting hung on anything bigger than the original.

Add Nhaler's "EGOMania 900" to the list...

Sponge Bobiwan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Domestic Vapor has the eGo Mega kits. The Ultra Kit has 2-eGo Mega Atomizers, 2-900 mAh eGo Mega batteries, 1-USB adaptor, 1-wall charger, 5-eGo Mega blank cartridges, 1-eGo case, 1-eGo Mega 2.4mL Cartomizer, and a 15mL e-liquid of your choice, for $84.95. Received mine in 2 days.
This kit gives you TWO complete units.
https://domesticvapor.com/shop/viewitem.php?groupid=27&productid=891

You can get the same thing for a single kit, but with 2 batteries, for $64.99
https://domesticvapor.com/shop/viewitem.php?groupid=27&productid=912

If you don't like having to refill the carts frequently, go with one of those Mega kits.

If you want just a standard eGo kit, they have the Value Kit for $49.99
https://domesticvapor.com/shop/viewitem.php?groupid=27&productid=910

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread