EHPro KFL+ and the whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
I love my KFL+, so if the answer is "you just have to deal with it," I'll do that, but the whistling is driving me a little crazy. This is the EHPro version with the one-piece screw that lines up the airflow, adjusts the 510 connector pin, and locks down the positive side of the deck as well, not the 2 piece like the Russian.

I've tried to line up the airflow hole in the screw with the one on the base of the tank, but when I do that correctly, the deck is loose enough that it can swivel to touch the negative side. If I tighten it all the way down, the airflow isn't aligned.

I'm wondering if it's possible to order the 2 piece screw for the Russian and swap them out. Does anyone know if it will fit? Does anyone have a different fix?

Thanks!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't have the EHpro, I have the Tobeco, so I'm not sure how yours "works" but I agree the whistle can be annoying.

There are only 2 things I've found that help me deal with it. 1), the airhole is on the right side, when the button is facing me, for thumb use, and my right ear is a great deal more sensitive than my left. So if the whistle is really bugging me, I just turn it around to fire with my index finger, and that way the hole is on the left, and my less-sensitive left ear barely notices is. 2), the whistle is a lot more annoying when it's very quiet in here, no ambient noise at all, so sometimes I just turn on some music to drown it out.

Also, when I first got it and the air flow was wide open, there was no whistle; the whistle only came when I closed off the air flow 50%-75%. Don't know if that works for you, it wouldn't for me, as it seems a great deal like trying to "smoke" a straw; I'd rather be annoyed by a whistle than by a very inadequate vape.

Andria

vashin47302

May 15, 2013
Muncie, IN
On my EHPro KFL+ there was a bur on the air intake that I cleared off and took the 510 connection screw out and there was a lip/bur on the hole that was drilled thro it took some sand paper and sanded it smooth. Since I have done that I do not get a whistle. Then again it would still depend on how hard you are hitting it. Me my self I take slow smooth hits not hard hits.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
Hmmm...*takes a pull on Ehpro KFL+* No whistle. I don't know, I suppose there are too many variables. The Ehpro's are clones, so I guess the tolerances might be a bit more loose than the originals. Mine doesn't whistle, never has. I keep my airflow pretty well open and I take light pulls. The only thing I can think of is some sort of debris in the airflow channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread