El Kamino and GoodLife fans unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
I honestly wouldn't care if they use donkey poo in their juices... GLV has a fan for life here. I got really lucky and ordered from them about 2 weeks after beginning vaping. Their prices are great, shipping is fast. Every single juice I've tried, even the flavors I don't care for, are outstandingly high quality.

GLV even got me to like tobacco vapes, which I normally can't stand. I started with Deadly Sin (loved it) and Raspberry Royale (loved it, too). Now I'm going to try even more of the tobaccos. I can't say enough good things about them. And the owner/juice magician Jeremy is personable and responds quickly to emails and FB.

mikeyoneshot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
NYC
I contacted GLV regarding steeping and Jeremy responded very prompt and their standpoint on steeping is just to keep them in the bottle as is for a week after delivery. I also took it upon myself to keep them in a cool dry place away from sunlight shaking the bottles just about every night. I feel that this improved all of their liquids because the smell of the liquids improved (to me) and became more appealing. I didn't sample on delivery just smelled each of them almost every day. The smell of Deadly Sin on delivery turned me off but after 8 days steeping I smelt it again and it was very nice. Vaping it was even better, new ADV. Another favorite was Shivering Zebra, it was mostly fruity but with a good hit of cooling menthol, really enjoyed it and its also in ADV rotation now. Melon Boba had so much hype but didn't do much for me, going to keep it steeping. I typically don't do tobacco vapes but if Deadly Sin is any indicator of how GLV regards tobacco, well they just got an order of El Kamino coming their way! GLV ...!

I'm using mostly BCC clearomizers right now (ProTank, iSmoka BCC) as I'm getting more into the other stuff. Loaded up my first Carto this week and tried an Octopus RDA but broke it, going to rebuild it soon enough.

skakid812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Texas
I have very strong opinions on "steeping" I think its silly and worthless to let a closed cap bottle sit and wait for magic to happen. As far as I'm concerned there is no evidence to back the claim that steeping makes it great. I ordered some juice from GLV and it arrived in about 4 days, there you go, 4 days of steeping right there! And it came to Texas so the heat factor is there... why tear open the package and put it away for longer? Stupid in my opinion. All the juices tasted FANTASTIC right away. Two weeks has passed since then, they taste the EXACT same to me. There is no "oh this flavor comes through towards the end of a cool summer eve" hype going on. Our taste buds are constantly changing, ie: "vapors tongue" of course the juice is going to vary given some time for you to adapt.

TLDR: Steeping is dumb.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
I have very strong opinions on "steeping" I think its silly and worthless to let a closed cap bottle sit and wait for magic to happen. As far as I'm concerned there is no evidence to back the claim that steeping makes it great. I ordered some juice from GLV and it arrived in about 4 days, there you go, 4 days of steeping right there! And it came to Texas so the heat factor is there... why tear open the package and put it away for longer? Stupid in my opinion. All the juices tasted FANTASTIC right away. Two weeks has passed since then, they taste the EXACT same to me. There is no "oh this flavor comes through towards the end of a cool summer eve" hype going on. Our taste buds are constantly changing, ie: "vapors tongue" of course the juice is going to vary given some time for you to adapt.

TLDR: Steeping is dumb.

I tried vaping el kamino and Deadly Sin when I first received them. El Kamino tasted like a banana covered in mud and Deadly Sin was an overwhelmingly sweet rice krispy treat. After two weeks, I loaded them up again and had different results; I didn't taste any banana in EK and DS tasted vaguely sweet and tasted more like a cinnamon roll.

You can't say that my taste buds got accustomed to the flavor so thats why the flavor changed - I didn't use them for weeks. You can't deny that time has some sort of effect on juice. Juices change color over time, why is it so hard to believe that they taste goes through a change as well?

I don't understand those who think steeping is a myth. Its beyond obvious that steeping/time does help juices become their true selves. Companies like GLV craft their flavors and do it exceptionally well..I think they know their juices better than anyone and if they say steeping helps, I'm sure it does.

Last edited:

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
Haven't heard about the sucralose but have been using there juices for the last month in several setups and haven't noticed it gunking coils prematurely.Where did u hear about sucralose?

i read about it at least 5x from reddit and ecf. i don't care as long as it isn't bad for you and doesn't gunk

paleodian

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Totally Lost
Funny this thread just popped up...:blink: I've been stalking their website for the last few days trying to decide if I wanted to pull the trigger on their juice. I like Absinthe, and was thinking of Magic Fairy, Black Fairy, or Shamrock Fairy. I'm also considering Deadly Sin and Zombie Blood. My set up ATM is a Vision Spinner 1300 with 2.2 ohm EVOD's and Kanger mini-pro's. Any suggestions? :)

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Freak Show (chocolate orange) needed steeping from them, that's the only one I've found so far that did.

Concerning the sucralose, I was talking to a guy on reddit yesterday about that (he mentioned that they used it) and I asked where he learned that. He msgd Jeremy himself to find out. This guy has issues with sucralose and loves GLV but was having problems after a while of vaping it. So he told me that Jeremy himself informed him of the use of sucralose in some of his juices.

Personally, I have no issues with the use of it because it doesn't seem to affect me at all. I'd be bummed if it did :(

Sines

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
PA
Funny this thread just popped up...:blink: I've been stalking their website for the last few days trying to decide if I wanted to pull the trigger on their juice. I like Absinthe, and was thinking of Magic Fairy, Black Fairy, or Shamrock Fairy. I'm also considering Deadly Sin and Zombie Blood. My set up ATM is a Vision Spinner 1300 with 2.2 ohm EVOD's and Kanger mini-pro's. Any suggestions? :)

I haven't had any of their Fairy juices but I definitely recommend Zombie Blood. It's a nice sweet gummy bear with a hint of menthol. It's on my vision spinner with a protank right now.

Sent while poopin'

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Think Im going to pull the trigger and get one of their sample packs. El Kamino, Deadly Sin, Zombie Blood, and OurYChai or Plain Jane leaning towards the Chai though.

English Bulldog is also a very good flavor. Thus far I have liked every single one of the juices I've tried. Newminster's is also very good and I'm not the biggest fan of blackberry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread