Eleaf GS Air-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollywollydoodle

Sep 5, 2012
Midwest
I recently bought this tank from evape.us. I've been using Nautilus minis on my Picos and I was excited to find something with larger capacity that would fit on a Pico. So, I primed the coil like I always do...a drop in each slot and a few down the middle, filled tank, let sit a few, a few puffs with airflow closed and .......nothing. No sizzle, no vapor...nothing. It's like it's not making contact with the pin in the Pico, but I can't see anything wrong. The Pico works fine with the tank that was on it before. Any ideas anyone?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello. First, I would make sure the atty is screwed on all the way(both inside the base and outside) and can't go any farther. If that is not it, then look at the center 510 pin on the battery. Sometimes these get pushed down by other tanks that have longer pins. These center pins can be raised up. Take the battery off and take the tank off. Very carefully try raising the center pin by taking a small flat head screw driver (or something similar) and see if you can gently push it up, first on one side then the other. Go slowly. If that fails, you may want to look at something like a heat sink that attaches to the battery and then the tank goes onto that.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Does the Pico show an error like "no atomizer"? If yes, there's a connection problem. If no, does it show the resistance of the coil you're using properly? If it does display the resistance properly, are you sure it's not locked, preventing the mod from delivering power?

Pollywollydoodle

Sep 5, 2012
Midwest
Does the Pico show an error like "no atomizer"? If yes, there's a connection problem. If no, does it show the resistance of the coil you're using properly? If it does display the resistance properly, are you sure it's not locked, preventing the mod from delivering power?

It does indeed flash "no atomizer" (so briefly I didn't notice before). I did notice that the pin on the GS-Air looks different than the one on the Nautilus. The one on the Nautilus (also MeloIII), is a solid metal circle, while the one on the GS-Air is a circle with a very slightly indented strip in the middle, with a tiny hole in the middle of that. Wish I could find someone who has one. Thanks for the responses.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I have both the GS Air-M and Pico and use them together regularly. (I am actually using them right now lol.) As others have said, something is not making a connection or else there's something wrong with the coil itself. The way you described the pin of the GS Air is how it's supposed to look.

Which of the air coils are you using?

Make sure the coil head itself is screwed into the base fairly tight, or at least has not come loose. If it is not making a full connection with the base, you'll get that No Atomizer error regardless of whether or not the pin is making contact.

If this is your first time trying to use this tank and the first coil, it may be worth trying a different coil in case you have a dud.

If everything looks good with the tank, do what @Sugar_and_Spice suggested to push up the 510 pin of the Pico some. This might solve the issue.

I may be missing something, but if none of those things work, then maybe there's an actual issue. I have a feeling it's something relatively simple like that, though. Normally they pair well together!

Consider taking some pictures of the bottom of the tank and the pin of the Pico if you can't manage to get it working.

Reactions: Eskie

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

This ^^^

I don't have your atty @Pollywollydoodle but I do have a Pico 75 and use it every day.

If the Pico shows atty resistance and it's in the ballpark of what it should be for the coil you're using, the Pico has made contact with the coil and the coil is very likely good. You know the Pico is good if it makes contact so you don't have to worry about the mod.

You said the Pico flashes 'no atty' briefly. It does that when it doesn't make contact with the atty at the 510 connection, or the coil isn't making contact inside the atty. Push the button on the Pico again and check the resistance shown after the no atty message goes away. If it says 0.00 there is no contact. I think this is your situation.

I have not had any issues with my Pico not making contact with any atties I have used on it, even one that I need to extend the 510 pin on to use in another mod I have.

When I screw my atty onto the Pico, if I am really careful, I can feel the atty 510 pin make contact with the mod. It gets slightly harder to turn because of the spring under the pin making contact. If you can feel that, you know that's probably good and you can concentrate on the atty.

Best of luck with it :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread