Eleaf iJust AIO Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the iJust AIO Kit from eleaf. The iJust AIO Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by eleaf.

Eleaf electronic cigarette » iJust AIO

Introduction

The iJust AIO is the latest in the iJust series and an AIO Pod Stick device bringing an AIO/Pod device to those who prefer the tube/pen style form. When i was told this was being sent i really didn't look up it's specs and features and was not expecting anything of great interest but the iJust AIO Kit surprised me ticking many boxes. It has a neat side filling method, adjustable airflow, 3 power levels, 3 tier battery status indication and for it's compact size accommodates an impressive 1500mAh battery. With e-liquid viewing windows, no need to remove the pod to refill and coming in 5 colour options, let's check the iJust AIO Kit out!

In The Box

Contents:

1x iJust AIO
1x GT M 0.6ohm coil
1x USB Cable
1x USB Manual
1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The iJust AIO Kit came in quite basic cardboard packaging with a picture of the device on the front of the box. I received the Black version, the colour options are Black, Gunmetal, Silver, Rainbow or Pink.

The device comes with the pod inserted but no coil installed, only the top of the pod protrudes from the device which includes the fixed drip tip and viewing windows with adjustable ring. The device is tubular with "Eleaf" printed towards the bottom on the front and "iJust AIO" in the same position on the rear, apart from that the device is quite plain.

On the front we have a protruding large fire button with translucent surround for the LED to shine through, in the same position on the rear is the micro USB port.
On either side towards the top we have small airflow slots and then moving to the base printed safety marks.

The device is small and portable just getting swallowed up by the hand so good for out and about, the device is well thought out and made well!

iJust AIO Specs and Features:

Size: 22mm x 102.5m
Capacity: 2ml
Resistance Range: 0.3-3.0ohm
Battery: Built-in 1500mAh
Output: 23W max
Dual air inlets & adjustable airflow
3 power modes
Compatible with GT Coils
Easy side filling design
3-Tier Battery Status Indication
Multiple Protections
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Gunmetal, Silver, Rainbow, Pink

The Pod

You receive one pod which accommodates replaceable coils and is refillable, the pod has a tinted mouth section and clear main lower section with the upper main section having a broad adjustable ring with large cutouts for viewing windows, when turning this ring it reveals the fill port but more about that in another section of the review.

Either side of the pod towards the bottom we have small slots for airflow and moving to the base we have 2 magnets either side which are recessed by an hair so don't fully make contact with the metallic rail inside the device, the pod has a 2ml capacity.

The Coils

The Coil head as with so many of these pods just get press fitted into place and then pulled free to replace. You receive just one coil which to me is a big con, even if a couple of Dollars is added to the price at least 2 coils should come with any pod based device if using replaceable coils.

The pod hosts GT coils and the coil you receive is a Kanthal mesh 0.6ohm coil with a rating between 10w to 25w, the bore while not wide is definitely more suited for a direct lung draw.

Also available is the regular Nichrome 1.2ohm coil rated between 7w to 14w which is a MTL option and really with that adjustable airflow should of been included in the kit giving the user more choice.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the Pod's bay we can see the recessed central circular area with contacts for the base of the coil to sit. The perimeter of the inside of the bay is a metallic rail with 2 large protruding sections that act as stoppers. The way it works is quite clever, as mentioned the magnets on the base of the pod are recessed by a hair but these magnets are quite powerful, just the magnetic pull between the magnets and metallic rail gives the pod a very secure fit while because the magnets don't actually touch the rail it allows for rotation between the stoppers for the adjustable airflow.

Adjustable Airflow

On either side of the device we have small slots and also matching slots on the pod. As described in the previous section the pod can rotate between stoppers to either have the slots on the device and pod perfectly lined up for airflow fully open or adjust to preference. It works really well giving good adjustability but a very minor con is when the device is in your pocket the pod does sometimes get rotated so the airflow needs readjusting.

Filling

Another neat feature is the filling method which allows filling without removing the pod. The top of the pod which protrudes from the device has an adjustable ring with two large cutouts that act as viewing windows.

When this ring is turned in one of the viewing windows appears a silicone section with self sealing membrane. The silicone section only takes up half the viewing window so as you fill you can clearly see the juice level, once filled just turn the ring to hide the silicone fill section.

The fill slot allows the use of modern Gorilla nozzles but not glass droppers so if you use glass droppers you would need to decant into a bottle with a smaller nozzle.

Operating The iJust AIO Device

The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on you have the choice of 3 different power settings, high, medium or low. The power settings appear to be different constant voltage outputs but no details are given other than the already mentioned high, medium and low. To change between settings is 3 quick presses of the fire button and the LED will flash 3 times in the colour that represents the new setting selected:

Red = Low
Blue = Medium
Green = High

Also 2 quick clicks of the fire button allows you to check the current power setting, the LED will light solid in the corresponding colour for two seconds.

The device also has 3 tiers of battery status indication which is shown by what colour the LED lights while vaping, the percentages are the following:

Green = 60% - 100%
Blue = 20% - 60%
Red = 0% - 20%

Finally the iJust AIO device has all the usual protections you would expect which if they kick in are indicated by various flashes from the LED.

Protections:

Over-charge Protection
Over-discharge Protection
Over-current Protection
Over 10s Protection
Short Circuit Protection

Charging

The Charge rate isn't given but it took around 2 hours to charge so about 1A max during charging which is a bit sluggish but the device does support pass-through. While charging the LED lights solid Red and once fully charged the light goes off.

My Experience Using The iJust AIO KIt, And Thoughts!

Pod and AIO devices are not everyone's cup of tea especially those into rebuildables but their are many that have embraced them while others are warming to them as they improve.

I am a mod and RTA vaper myself but come in the category of warming to pod and AIO devices as they improve but i must admit i was surprised by this device thinking it might be too basic for my personal liking, well it is a simple device but it's executed so well i really like it.

Adjustable airflow, refillable, replaceable coils, can see juice level at all times, fill without moving the pod, DL and MTL (mtl coil not included), 3 different power levels, 3 tiers of battery status indication and decent battery for it's portable size, that's a lot of boxes ticked.

The power settings work well with a clear difference between the 3 when using the 0.6ohm coil although the TPD compliant 2ml capacity is a bit lacking for this coil but at least filling is quick and easy. I have always found Eleaf coils better than they are given credit for and this pod with the 0.6ohm coil installed is very similar to the vape and flavour the better disposable sub-ohm tanks give which is pretty darn good and no issues with longevity. I have been using this as a second device for 2 weeks and despite getting sent a pack of spare coils i still have the original coil installed.

The airflow adjustment works really well and when closed down to barely open i can get a loose MTL with the 0.6ohm coil so the not included 1.2ohm MTL coil with it's narrower bore should give a decent MTL vape, as it is the included 0.6ohm coil is a semi restrictive lung hit fully open.

Also these type of pods with press fitted coil heads tend to leak to varying degrees but i am finding any moisture present when removing the pod minimal which could just as easily be condensation so very happy! If using as your main device a charge during the day will possibly be needed with the 0.6ohm coil dependant on how much you vape but if you use the optional 1.2ohm coil head then this will last most vapers all day.

So plenty to like but like most things it could be better, the biggest con for me is only one coil included, i really think the 1.2ohm coil head should also come with the kit. This is not an expensive kit and Eleaf obviously are trying to keep it as cheap as possible but do they not watch or read reviews that universally and constantly say these types of kits have to come with at least 2 coils.

The only other minor cons for me is the sluggish charging and when in the pocket the pod can rotate so the airflow needs readjusting but apart from that, it's a little gem!

Well thought out device
Portable, lightweight
5 Colour options
Replaceable coils
DL and MTL option (mtl coil not included)
Adjustable airflow
Pod fits securely
Neat side-fill method
Fill and view e-liquid level without removing pod
3 different power levels
3 tier battery status indication
1500mAh battery
Good flavour from 0.6ohm mesh coil
Good coil longevity
Decent battery life
Supports pass-through
Not expensive

Cons

Only comes with one coil
Charging could be quicker
Pod can easily rotate when in pocket causing airflow alignment to move
2ml capacity with 0.6ohm coil not great but understandable (TPD compliance)

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the iJust AIO Kit for the purpose of this review.

Eleaf electronic cigarette » iJust AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread