Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    eleaf istick S80 Starter Kit.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 1.jpg

The Eleaf iStick S80 Box Mod is an ultra small device capable of delivering up to 80W and is also equipped with a 0.96 "TFT screen. It has an integrated 1800 mAh battery and a USB C 2A charging. The Mod is paired with the GZeno 24mm MTL tank using Eleaf new GZ Coils.
    Eleaf states that these Coils are designed for excellent MTL vaping while offering great flavor.

Enjoy the reading.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 2.jpg

The cardboard packaging in the classic white / green colors of Eleaf shows the image of the product on the front, on the back there are the packing list, the technical specifications, the manufacturer's address, the indication on the color of the product, the logos and brands.
    On the sides of the packaging you can find; scratch & check, the main features in the form of an icon and the list of social networks where the brand promotes its activities.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 3.jpg

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 4.jpg

Content:
    1 * Eleaf iStick S80 Mod
    1 * Tank Eleaf GZeno
    2 * Coil GZ 1.2Ω
    1 * USB Type-C Cable
    1 * Warranty Card
    2 * User Manual

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 5.jpg

Eleaf iStick S80 Mod:
    Material: zinc alloy
    Dimensions: 113.4x33.55x25.6mm
    Weight: 190gr
    Battery: Built-in 1800mAh battery
    Output: 1-80W
    Mode: VW (variable power)
    Coil range: 0.1-3.5ohm
    Display: 0.96 "color TFT
    Charging: USB Type-C 2A

GZeno Tank 24mm:
    Capacity: 3ml
    Drip Tip: 510
    Coil: Eleaf GZ 1.2Ω
    Thread: 510

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 6.jpg

Available colours:
    The Kit is available in six different color options.
    The Silver, Rose Gold, Blue and Red colors have a silver tank and frame, while the two elegant Matte Gunmetal and Glossy Gunmetal colors have the tank and frame in the same color as the side panels.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 7.jpg

First impressions:
    I received the specimen with Matte Gunmetal coloring for this review.
    After an invasion of hybrid devices, here is finally a real very small Mod 510, I didn't expect it like this, what surprised me about this kit is the rather high weight (190gr)!
    Eleaf has a reputation for building robust devices that last over time, my first Pico of 2017 after 4 years is still alive and well.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 8.jpg

Eleaf iStick S80 Starter Kit is very pleasant to hold and almost disappears, the weight does not bother, indeed it contributes greatly to giving a feeling of very high robustness, the same feeling of robustness is transmitted to me by the GZeno Tank, I love MTL tanks with metal armor.
    Overall, I like the iStick S80 Kit, the design looks clean and classy, its small size is really impressive.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 9.jpg

The front of the iStick S80 houses the power button, display and adjustment buttons along with the USB C port for charging.
    The 0.96 "display is easy to read, a little less in sunlight.
    The Fire button is square in shape, concave in the center, the lower part of the key is raised, so almost in the shape of a trigger, the adjustment buttons are both placed above a rocker, all the keys are clicky and easily accessible by the fingers.
    Finally, the USB C port is located below the adjustment buttons and allows for 2A fast charging.

On the back the design is characterized by a recessed central area, at the top there is an attachment for a lanyard or necklace, at the bottom arranged vertically and visible only against the light is the furtive and minimal iStick S80 writing.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The side panels have a central relief texture that recalls the intertwined profile of a tire, the shape of the panels from almost rounded at the top, becomes flatter as you go down until it becomes slightly recessed at the bottom.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 11.jpg

The top of the mod has a centered 510 connection and the pin is spring loaded, the cup accommodates without protrusions atomizers up to 24mm in diameter.

The bottom of the Mod houses the battery ventilation holes, the Eleaf logo, and the regulatory branding.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 12.jpg

Tank GZeno 24mm:
    This 24mm diameter tank with a capacity of 3ml of liquid seems expressly made for MTL Vaping, Ultem Drip Tip has two o'ring and is interchangeable with any 510 Drip-Tip. On the top it is clearly marked the opening direction for refueling.

The "bayonet" system allows you to remove the top cap with a very short rotation, in fact there are two small "teeth" that fit into as many slots on the internal surface of the Top-Cap. A sturdy black gasket ensures perfect sealing. The two refilling slots are generously sized for a quick operation.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 13.jpg

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 14 inglese.gif

The bottom of the atom presents the legal mark, the disposal logo, the brand name and the writing GZeno. The pin protrudes slightly.
    The base also adopts a convenient "bayonet" system so by unscrewing it (empty tank) it is possible to replace the coil with the press and pull method.
    The only detail that I didn't like about the GZeno is that the glass is not replaceable, however I think it is sufficiently protected by the armor, but in the event of glass breakage I believe that the only possible solution is to replace the entire tank. .

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 15.jpg

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 16.gif

The bottom airflow control ring turns smoothly during adjustment and stops when fully open or fully closed. It has five small air holes on each side and the adjustments are mirrored (1 + 1, 2 + 2, 3 + 3, 4 + 4, 5 + 5).

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 17.jpg

Features and functions: iStick S80 Kit:

Using the iStick S80 is really simple being a variable power device, it can deliver from 1 to 80W, this gives you the possibility to use the iStick S80 even with sub ohm tanks. It has an optional "smart mode" which reads the resistance of the coil and offers a recommended power range for each coil.

On the top display you have a battery level indicator and a lock that lets you know if the power adjustment has been locked.
    The central part of the screen shows the selected wattage, below you will find the coil resistance, the puff counter and the duration of the last puff.

There is also a menu system, which allows you to turn Smart Mode on or off, reset the Puff counter and change the display color theme, but nothing too complex to confuse a new vaper.

Operation Guide:

- Power on / off: Press the fire button 5 times in 1.5 seconds to turn on / off the device.
    - Wattage Adjustment: In smart / WW mode, wattage can be adjusted 0.5W at a time by pressing the + or - buttons
    - Lock / Unlock: Press the fire key 3 times to lock / unlock the + and - keys

Menu operations:
    1. When the device is on, press the +/- buttons together to access the main menu.
    2. Scroll with the + or - buttons to select between Smart mode, Puff, Color, Default, ID control and press the fire key to confirm your choice. In the secondary menus you can press the +/- buttons to move or to adjust the settings and press the fire button to confirm.

Functions:
    SMART: the power of the device will be automatically adjusted according to the coils.
    PUFF: 7 days vaping information is recorded in the puff counter.
    COLOR: Theme color selection (Blue, Green, Purple, red)
    DEFAULT: restore factory settings.
    ID CHECK: Product batch code.
    EXIT: return to the main interface.

Warnings on the display:
    - OUT OF TIME: when the vape time exceeds 10 seconds, the word "OVER TIME" will appear.
    - NO RESISTANCE: when the device does not find an atomizer, the word "NO COIL" will appear.
    - SHORT CIRCUIT: when the output resistance load is lower than 0.150, the message "COIL SHORT" will appear.
    - DEVICE TOO HOT: in the event of a short circuit or when the temperature of the device exceeds the warning threshold, the message "DEVICE TOO HOT" will appear.
    - BATTERY LOCK: if the voltage of the device is less than 3.3V before the vape, the message “BATTERY LOCK” will appear. Charge the device to reactivate it.
    - LOW BATTERY: if the voltage of the device is less than 2.85V before the vape, the word "BATTERY LOW" will appear. Charge your device to wake it up.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 18.jpg

1,800mAh battery:
    With a full charge cycle I made 430 puffs at constant 10W, excellent result, impressive!
    The device can be recharged via a USB Type-C cable connected to a power supply or to a computer, a full charge takes only 45 minutes.

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 19.jpg

Vaping test:
    The two Coils included in the kit are identical, have a resistance of 1.2Ω with a recommended power range from 7 to 13W.
    The chipset in Smart mode sets this coil to 10W of power, but it is possible to go up to 20W, however, consider that it is not advisable to exceed 13W for obvious reasons.
    With my 50/50 liquid with 3mg / ml level I started at 10 W, the taste is good with a good amount of vapor, increasing the power to 11W the flavor increases slightly, beyond this power the coil seems to go into crisis, so I found my "best" MTL vape at 10W so it's perfect, the coil still works well after about a week of use.

Overall, I have no complaints about the iStick S80 Kit, in use MTL allows for really long vape, easy to use, well built, solid, very small and looks good.

Pros:
    Elegant
    Small size
    Build quality
    Easy to use
    Color screen
    Smart mode
    Incredible battery life in MTL Mode
    Fast battery charging
    Bayonet system for filling
    Bayonet system for change / coil

Tips:
    Glass / Tank, not replaceable

Sourcemore offers this MTL Kit at the attractive price of $ 42.19 (€ 34.74).
    Coupon codes: IS80K

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 80W with 3ml GZeno Tank

Eleaf iStick S80 Kit 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread