Elixir Liquid RY4 (18 mg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffazi

Moved On
Aug 23, 2011
Midwest
After quite a bit of research trying to find another RY4 similar to the DeKang RY4, I finally settled on the RY4 from Elixir Liquid. This is a reasonable substitute for DeKang but differs in one significant way, the aftertaste is very different from DeKang. With the DeKang, the caramel and vanilla flavor is most prominent on exhale. With the Elixir Liquid, I taste a subtle sweetness (a combo of caramel and vanilla) on inhale but the exhale is more of a nutty flavor. It produces a good amount of vapor and the throat hit is quite pronounced, especially for an 18 mg. juice. I'm not sure I like the nutty flavor that lingers after exhale, although I will say that this liquid has already gotten better after a couple days of steeping. All in all, this is a decent RY4 but I will probably look elsewhere next time.

I give it 3/5 vapes :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
Ahh ok! Thanks for that. Might I recommend the janty Elixir if you find yourself enjoying Ry4 but are in search of one more to your tastes? The difference between a 3/5 mix and a 5/5 mix! (all stricly IMO, it's all subjective!)

Whilst I'm uncertain exactly where you get Janty Ry4 in USA, (a quick google search suggests this place, though it may not be, by any means the cheapest: Janty electronic cigarettes, e-liquids and carts - Elixir VG eLiquid RY4 15ml) it is considered by many to be one of the, if not the best Ry4 mixes around.

For my Ry4 related musings and a even a quite intresting theory (with some evidence) to suggest the above Janty is in fact the 'original Ry4, the now considered lost receipe itself) take a look at the rather long but awesome RY4 round up thread here on ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquids/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long.html

Bill has rather exhaustively listed some of the best Ry4 mixes around and categorised them for easy understanding. Towards the end of the thread I've also helped him on his quest by including a more international edge with over 10 uk based Ry4 mixes as well as much discussion on the popular juice!

jeffazi

Moved On
Aug 23, 2011
Midwest
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I agree that my ratings (3/5, 5/5) are pretty subjective. I just like to use the little vaper emoticon! I read through that Really Big RY4 Roundup thread and it's quite good. I actually copied and pasted Bill's exhaustive list into a Word .doc and refer to it when ordering something new. I've been curious about the Janty as well. Perhaps it will be the next one I try. The best RY4 I've tasted is the one that came with my e-power, a 24mg DeKang RY4. I realize there is some confusion about the genuineness of the DeKang juices but the one I got from Hoosierecigsupply was incredible. Just the right amount of throat hit and caramel/vanilla finish. Not too sweet and cloying but not too harsh and flat either. I have an order in for some more of that particular RY4 from Brent at Hoosier as he is currently out. I'll let you know what I think of the Janty when I get some. Thanks again!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
What I like most about Janty RY4 (either Classic or Elixir Lines) is that, while it's slightly sweeter than many of its similar cousins (Dekang, Dulcis, Taboo, Riskee, and ElixirLiquid RY4), it's the only one with an additional note of sourness. That sour element doesn't actually "cut" the extra sweetness, but balances it in a way I find wonderful. The others are all very good, but Janty still wins by a nose. Dekang's new Extreme RY4 comes close by upping the flavor intensity while maintaining good balance, but that juice isn't readily available in the U.S. yet, only in the UK.

For me, it's Janty in a photo-finish. My current Top 5 are Janty RY4, Dekang RY4, Ikenvape RY4 Gold, Vaperite VR4, and PrimeVaping PV4. ElixirLiquid RY4 is a very respectable 10th in my list.

Last edited:

jeffazi

Moved On
Aug 23, 2011
Midwest
I will definitely have to try the Janty. Where do you get it?

I have a bottle of the PV4 on the way right now. It comes highly recommended. I have been vaping Vaperite VR4 since I got it a couple of weeks ago. Very different from DeKang but really, really good. It's sweeter and the caramel and vanilla notes are more pronounced. Yesterday, and again today, I have been dripping the VR4 and wow! So, so good. I had tried dripping a couple of times and didn't really see the point of it but I tried it again and used some of the new attys I got recently and I have to say it's a really good way to vape. The flavors are more intense, but more importantly, it's a warmer vape. The flavors just jump out and I find I don't have to vape as much as I did when using cartos.

What I like most about Janty RY4 (either Classic or Elixir Lines) is that, while it's slightly sweeter than many of its similar cousins (Dekang, Dulcis, Taboo, Riskee, and ElixirLiquid RY4), it's the only one with an additional note of sourness. That sour element doesn't actually "cut" the extra sweetness, but balances it in a way I find wonderful. The others are all very good, but Janty still wins by a nose. Dekang's new Extreme RY4 comes close by upping the flavor intensity while maintaining good balance, but that juice isn't readily available in the U.S. yet, only in the UK.

For me, it's Janty in a photo-finish. My current Top 5 are Janty RY4, Dekang RY4, Ikenvape RY4 Gold, Vaperite VR4, and PrimeVaping PV4. ElixirLiquid RY4 is a very respectable 10th in my list.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
jeff,

Janty electronic cigarettes, e-liquids and carts - JANTY USA (Domestic)

Janty has three RY4s, all the same formula, but using different base liquids---RY4 Classic, RY4 Elixir PG, and RY4 Elixir VG. I can't tell any difference in taste.

The only way to know if you're getting authentic Dekang is to check if the vendor site specifies it. Otherwise, contact each vendor and ask.

Good Prophets is running a sale right now on Dekang 30ml all-VG for $4.99. Can't beat that anywhere. Not every Dekang flavor is included, but well worth checking out:

30ml 0mg (no-nic) 11mg, 18mg and 24mg Liquid - 100% VG Based Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread