Email Promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lam7

May 21, 2012
VA
I'll start by apologizing in advance for being negative, but i'm really hoping somebody will take this constructively. Your email promotions are horrid. Since I last purchased something from you, I've received an email EVERYDAY, sometimes twice a day, indicating that you are having some type of sale. If you're having a 20-30% sale off EVERYDAY, it's not a sale. That's your price. All you're doing is making your current customers crazy with SPAM. Buying something always involves going through my email to find the right code for the right item...which i'm no longer willing to do. If I were you, i'd be having a serious conversation with your marketing department. Do they think that sending me an email everyday (with basically the same sale information) will make me more likely or less likely to buy something from you? How many people will just turn it off rather than be barraged by something so meaningless?

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustration and will pass your feedback along to our management team. I'm BHam, the Social Media manager and a member of our marketing team. I've been talking to Smilin, our owner, about some of the feedback we've been getting from customers and this is one of the things that has been mentioned. So, please tell me, what change to the frequency of our sales would you like to see? Is it just the frequency or are you looking for more than the same range of discounts? I really do appreciate any feedback because I want to make sure we're bringing you the best vaping experience. Thank you and have a great 4th of July :).

lam7

May 21, 2012
VA
Great response and i'm glad you took my criticism in the manner in which it was intended. I'm one of those rare people who like looking through sales flyers in the mail so I'm pretty close to being your target market. I don't mind some regularity...once every couple weeks say for your run-of-the-mill sales advert. From a marketing perspective, reminding me that you exist isn't a bad idea and I wouldn't begrudge you for it.

Obviously, if you're pushing a new product i'd like to know about it right away; so in those instances, it certainly wouldn't raise my eyebrows for a one-off campaign in addition to regular circulars. The same is true for holiday sales...but only if they're above and beyond your typical sales.

But take a look at your past weeks emails:

6/26 - up to 30% off
6/27 - 20% of all
6/28 - up to 35% wheel
6/29 - up to 30% off
6/30 - up to 30% off
7/1 - up to 30% off
7/2 - up to 30% off
7/3 - 20% of all
7/4 - up to 30% off

My friends and I talk about this quite a bit and the conversation usually comes down to, what's the point? In a lot of ways, it feels like we're going to a car dealership where all the prices are MSRP and no one expects to pay that. It's then a PITA to go find the right code if and when I do want to order something.

I completely missed the ZEUS when it came out because I had gotten to the point where I wasn't even looking at the barrage of V4L mail. At the time, I was looking to step up my cig-a-like and was actually in the market. If I had seen it, I would have bought it. But instead, I purchased something else.

I won't comment on pricing. They are what they are; but here's the thing. I just bought over $300 of vape supplies this morning and I didn't really need ANY OF IT. I bought them because the sales were extra- ordinary. Meaning, I know I can only get them at those prices maybe three or four times a year. I'd gladly drop a couple hundred bucks at V4L if I knew I was getting a deal. Instead, I just feel like it's a chore to keep up with new coupon codes everytime I want something.

Thanks for listening.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Thank you both. Now I want your genuine opinion on this idea. What if I said to you, assuming that I cannot change the frequency of the emails, and you would like to be off our email list because of this, that I may be able to do specific sales for each one of our social sites. So hear me out. You decide you no longer want our emails but you still frequent our sub forum here or the V4L Forum. Would you check these areas twice a week for specific coupon codes? If I were able to make a 25% off everything for a day for ECFers or anyone who visits this sub, would this be a viable short term solution for you both? Would it make you come here on say every Tuesday or Friday for a code?

Thanks for hearing me out and I appreciate all your feedback.

MystStick

ECF Veteran
BHam, I think your idea is fantastic for those who want to unsubscribe to the e-mails. I may be the odd man out on this (wouldn't be the first time), but personally, I like the e-mails of the latest sales promotion. I order on a regular basis, and it kind of reminds me to stock up on my favorite items. I pick and choose which promotion best suits my needs and pretty much find that I only use the FREESHIPUS code, unless I am in the market for a new device or the sale is extra special, as most of what I order on not included in the sale. However, I always read the e-mails in the hopes it is one of the 20% off anything in the store sale!!! I so look forward to those sales!

Darth Skirata

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
I like getting lots of emails from V4L. You guys are pretty much the only site I order from and getting something daily or nearly daily helps remind me to check what current deals are going, and more than once has given me the incentive I needed to try something new.
I say the idea of posting sales through social networks/forums/ect a couple of times a week is good for those who don't like seeing lots of email, but I would be horribly dissapointed if I didn't get frequent emails about sales and new products.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I agree that the frequency & similarity of the emails is too much, such that they are perilously close to being spam. Once a week would be fine, with the occasional "wheel" promo thrown in. I ceased reading them a long time ago. Although I have not unsubscribed, I simply delete them. I, too, have missed out on a new product because of this.

Currently I don't get to the forums as often as I used to, so I don't think the idea of posting them here would work for me. What would happen is that I'd make a point of checking here for a discount code when I was getting ready to place an order, thus not getting tempted by a good sale as happened in the past.

I also agree that constant sales devalues the stated asking price for a product, however these days some products seem designed as 'bargain' but have a high starting price; ie I would not pay $14.95 for a Smileomizer .

I guess it's just that as V4L has expanded & developed, so have their marketing strategies. I live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread