EMCL coil alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikej0h

Dec 14, 2019
Hi all!

Been vaping the Pico with the ECML coil.
All the other coils made me cough a lot and ended up with the ECML.

Now I'm looking for a different clearomizer/mod, and would like to know what alternative coils (with similar vaping characteristics) are there? I've been searching on the internet, but just can't find a proper comparison between coils of at least the type I currently use)
I've not decided yet what MOD I want to buy - currently have the Aspire Nautilus 2S in my crosshair.

Hope y'all can help me out a bit in the right direction.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all!

Been vaping the Pico with the ECML coil.
All the other coils made me cough a lot and ended up with the ECML.

I currently use the Eleaf Pico with a MELO3 mini clearomizer.
It's a 0.75Ω ECML coil for MtL Usually I use it with 17.5w

Now I'm looking for a different clearomizer/mod, and would like to know what alternative coils (with similar vaping characteristics) are there? I've been searching on the internet, but just can't find a proper comparison between coils of at least the type I currently use)
I've not decided yet what MOD I want to buy - currently have the Aspire Nautilus 2S in my crosshair.

Hope y'all can help me out a bit in the right direction.
Hi and welcome,
Have a look at the innokin Zlide 2ml tank. Are you going to use the same mod (the pico) or do you want a whole new kit?

What nicotine level do you use?
What is your budget?
Do you have an external charger?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Mikej0h

Dec 14, 2019
The idea would be to buy a new kit, but given the fact almost all clearomizers have the 510 - I could still swap parts.

I've no specific budget in mind, just want something else ;-).
Currently the nicotine level is 3mg, usually use FlavourTec - not sure whether they are available for you. Mostly fruity flavours.
I have a Nitecore i2 external charger, as I have multiple 18650 batteries.

Live in the Netherlands - will check the Innokin out.
However, my most "concern" is the coils; do you have a suggestion for those specifically?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The idea would be to buy a new kit, but given the fact almost all clearomizers have the 510 - I could still swap parts.

I've no specific budget in mind, just want something else ;-).
Currently the nicotine level is 3mg, usually use FlavourTec - not sure whether they are available for you. Mostly fruity flavours.
I have a Nitecore i2 external charger, as I have multiple 18650 batteries.

Live in the Netherlands - will check the Innokin out.
However, my most "concern" is the coils; do you have a suggestion for those specifically?
The 22mm Zlide will fit on the Pico.
The Zlide comes with the 1.6Ω and the Plex3d mesh coil.

The coil choices for the Zlide :

Zenith Kanthal Coil 0.8ohm Atomizer Head:
  • Manufacturer's Recommended Wattage: 15 - 18W
Zenith Kanthal Coil 1.2ohm Atomizer Head:
  • Manufacturer's Recommended Wattage: 10 - 14W
Zenith Kanthal Coil 1.6ohm Atomizer Head:
  • Manufacturer's Recommended Wattage: 10 - 14W
Zenith Plexus Z Kanthal Mesh Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head:
  • Manufacturer's Recommended Wattage: 14 - 19W
Zenith Z-PLEX3D Kanthal Mesh Coil 0.48ohm Atomizer Head:
  • Manufacturer's Recommended Wattage: 13 - 16W
Zenith Z Kanthal RDL Coil 1.0ohm Atomizer Head:
  • Manufacturer's Recommended Wattage: 20 - 25W

HTH
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for the overview.

With all the different brands, and differences in the products it makes looking for something similar coilwise difficult.
Which of those would you recommend based on the fact I currently use the ECML coil?
If you compare tanks in the MTL category, versus the coils, you get a better picture of your options.
The Zlide is an actual MTL device, versus the larger native airflow of the melo3.
You like the MTL ECML coils that provide a more restricted MTL type draw. I just made an educated guess.

I would guess the Plex Z mesh .5Ω coil might be close, Or perhaps the dual coil 1.2Ω version.
At 3mg/ml, you may want a warmer vape to compensate for a reduced nicotine kick and the .48Ω PLEX3D may be perfect right out of the box.

Coils are pretty cheap, but you may need to play with your wattage and air flow settings to get the best flavor from each coil type.

Cheers
I

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
How much airflow do you like with the Melo III tank (atomizer)? It can do both MTL or restricted DL.
The Zlide is a great choice and, as mentioned, many coil choices. The Pico is a great little mod too. You might consider getting another Pico kit (mod with Melo III tank) and the Zlide. It's really nice to have several tanks so you can have different juices ready to go. And everyone knows... have a backup (extra mod) You are wise to use removable batteries and external charger!

sidki

Dec 15, 2019
Berlin, Germany
Hi Mikej0h,

I swapped the ECML coils in my Melo II tank with Eleaf GS Air coils (Kanthal, 1.2 Ohm, 8-30W) 2 years ago. There is an Eleaf EC/GS-Air Sleeve Adapter available. It is supposed to work with the Melo 3-5 as well.
The coils produce warm vape and pretty good flavor, they typically last 4 weeks (for me). Throat hit is okay at 2mg/ml.

The Innokin 0.48 Ohm PLEX3D coils are nice, too. Flavor-wise I would rate them "7" on a 1-10 scale. I use them in the new Zlide Pro 4ml tank. I got the tank a month ago and I didn't need to change the coil yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread