EMS, China airmail or DHL, which you prefer?

EMS, Cihina airmail or DHL?

• EMS, 18 usd for 1st 500g and 5.5 usd for each additional 500g , delivery time 8-10 days

• China airmail, 2.7 usd for 1st 100g and 1.5 usd for each additional 100g , delivery time 15-60 days

• DHL, normally 10-50% more than EMS, more heavy more cheap, 4-5 days

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Dear customers,

we are thinking of offering a new shipping method DHL in the year of 2011, which is much faster and reliable than EMS. it can reach customers in the USA within 4-5 days after it leaves China. but its shipping cost is 10%-50% more than EMS, which is up to the weight of your order. more heavy your order is, more economical the shipping cost via DHL is.

as for EMS, it can reach customers in the USA in 8-10 days. it costs 17 usd for 1st 500g.

as for china airmail, it is very cheap, unstable and slow too. it may reach customers in the USA in 15 days on non holidays. but it may reach customers in the USA in 40-60 days on holidays.

so could you tell us which you prefer and why?

thanks a lot.

Any suggestion or advise are highly appreciated.:)

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I like EMS I have never had a problem with them. DHL breaks things and their insurance is a pain to deal with. Please do not ever consider using Fed Ex. The last time I had a delivery from Fed Ex from China I had to file a form with homeland security and pay an additional $36 $5 for duty was no big deal but the rest of it was for filling out paperwork. and they didn't tell me about the extra charge.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I like EMS I have never had a problem with them. DHL breaks things and their insurance is a pain to deal with. Please do not ever consider using Fed Ex. The last time I had a delivery from Fed Ex from China I had to file a form with homeland security and pay an additional $36 $5 for duty was no big deal but the rest of it was for filling out paperwork. and they didn't tell me about the extra charge.

EMS +1 point again. :toast:

whether DHL guys threw the box, so you get your order broken? :confused:

if so, DHL - 1 point.

i am glad that our guy can make a very professional packaging and make sure that each customer will get his order intact inside the box, although the box may look damaged after a long trip.

i can understand that insurance may be a pain. but i thought that it only happened to china EMS and China airmail. i thought that DHL should not put insurance hard for customers, because they charge much more expensive. DHL -1 point again.

I am sorry to hear your unhappy experience with Fedex. I hate to fill out paperwork when i get my order. so Fedex -1 point.

now:

EMS +2 points
DHL -2 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail 0 point

poor china airmail, nobody like you. :(

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I like airmail since it's cheaper and I always order well in advance of when I'm going to need stuff.

Dear spaky277, thank you so much for the 1st vote in favor of China airmail.

actually china airmail is really nice when it works well. I would vote for it, considering its cheap price, which really save a lot of money for people who do not want their orders in a hurry.

but i really hate it when i think of its disappointing slowness since Nov. when it does not work well, it can kill all my patience. so i prefer to stay away from it than to put my patience to test.

hope your patience is better than me.

so update is

EMS +2 points
DHL - 2 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +1 point

who will be winner? ;)

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
EMS is 5 days for me to Australia always on time, order intact. (This was during Christmas)
I'm not sure about DHL, I've gotten lots of documents via DHL and it has been fast no problem with destroying stuff.
I'll vote EMS +1 and DHL +1 (as an option alongside EMS)
What's the ETA for DHL to Australia? If it isn't I'll just stick to EMS. :)

Thank you very much for your voting for EMS and DHL. it sounds that EMS is the best choice for you.

frankly we never send orders to Australia via DHL. so i have no idea about ETA for DHL to Australia. it should be faster than EMS, because it charges much more than EMS. lol

EMS got the most votes so far.

EMS +3 points
DHL -1 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +1 point

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Airmail, airmail, airmail - I couldn't even buy anything from you without it. EMS spells custom trouble in Germany anyway, and due to custom regulations I can't really order for more than 22 Euros - and I am not going to pay more than half that amount for shipping on top if it, there would be absolutely no point in doing so, since buying locally would be cheaper then. And then it would be pure luxury (which I can't afford) to buy the few things I can't get here then; I'd just have to do without them.

As otrpu put it - I too have a lot more time than money.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
All I can say is I've got more time than money.

Cheers,
otrpu

wow here goes another supporter of china airmail. Yes. i agree with you. for people who have more time than money, china airmail is always a good choice. :rolleyes:

EMS +3 points
DHL -1 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +2 point

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I'm good with EMS. That was my vote. If I get far enough ahead, I may start using airmail just to save a couple more dollars, but EMS is great!

EMS +1 point again.

yes. china airmail is also a choice, especially when you have enought time and patience to wait. ;)

EMS +4 points
DHL -1 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +3 point

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Airmail, airmail, airmail - I couldn't even buy anything from you without it. EMS spells custom trouble in Germany anyway, and due to custom regulations I can't really order for more than 22 Euros - and I am not going to pay more than half that amount for shipping on top if it, there would be absolutely no point in doing so, since buying locally would be cheaper then. And then it would be pure luxury (which I can't afford) to buy the few things I can't get here then; I'd just have to do without them.

As otrpu put it - I too have a lot more time than money.

Alex, i am sorry that you have only one choice, always airmail. is there a chance that your custom regulation will change ?

update: EMS and china airmail go to deuce.

EMS +4 points
DHL -1 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +4 point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread