Endura T20S | Innokin | the vape pen's logical progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methodius

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2017
www.youtube.com
Hey ECF folks,

After a couple weeks solid use, I would like to share some thoughts on the Endura T20S vape pen by Innokin. Consider this a no-frills review. This vape pen has a special significance to me because it was with the Endura T18 (the granddaddy of the T20S) that I was originally able to give up a 16-year smoking habit!

As a result, the humble vape pen has always held a special place in my heart and I was naturally curious to see what improvements Innokin has made to the earlier design of the Endura T18/T20.

Some basic contents and specs first up:

Contents:
1x Endura T20S
1x Prism T20S Tank (0.8ohm)
1x Spare Prism S Coil (0.8ohm)
1x Spare Drip Tip
1x Quick Start Guide
1x Micro USB Charging Cable
1x User Packet
Colors Available: Black, Stainless Steel, Blue, Red, Purple, Gray

Specifications:
Dimensions: 130 mm x 20 mm (mod and tank together)
Battery Capacity: 1500mAH (a 2000mAH battery is sold separately)
Maximum Output Wattage:18W
Maximum Output Current:6A
Maximum Output Voltage: 3.85V
Clearomizer Resistance: 0.6 Ohm (min.)
Charging: Micro USB DC 5V/0.5A

Changes/improvements:

Coil resistance:
In their vape pen range, we've seen Innokin slowly but surely lower the resistance of their pre-built coils. The T18's Prism coils came in 2.0 and 1.5 ohm resistances. The T20 offered one coil type, at a fixed 1.5 ohm. In its latest incarnation, the T20S offers two resistances: 1.5 and 0.8 ohm. That's a modest descent into sub ohm territory, although you have to consider that against the fixed 18 W output of the device itself.

Airflow:
The T20S, like its predecessors, doesn't offer any options in airflow. Luckily, for an MTL vaper, the resistance and airflow were spot-on in the earlier devices (in my opinion at least). The T20S has enlarged the airflow inlets on the base of the tank, while the coilhead also has larger inflow slots situated at the base. This is an adjustment aimed to please vapers using the 0.8 ohm coils I think. In the end, it makes for a slightly looser draw, almost verging on a restricted lung hit.

Top cap/drip tip:
Remember the T20, with the handy cap to keep your drip tip pocket-lint free? This was a nice idea, but flawed in practice. Tolerances were off and it had a tendency to break. The T20S does away with this, but keeps the familiar curved Delrin 510 drip tip.
The top cap is likewise made from Delrin and screws directly into the stainless steel threading on the tank.
If you don't like the top cap and drip tip, Innokin have supplied a curious-looking, plug shaped all-in-one piece, an integrated drip tip and top cap.

Capacity/wicking:
The Prism T20S tank has a 2 mL capacity, enough to keep most MTL vapers, as well as EU TPD regulators happy. The tank doesn't burn through juice, and the coils wick quickly (especially with a few drops of e-liquid into the core of the coil to prime it). I've mostly used the T20S with 55/35/10 e-liquids (for the crispness and nic factor), but I've had no problems wicking 70/30 VG/PG blends. That said, I personally get a less satisfying hit - but that'll be down to PG/VG and nic preferences I think.

Battery:
1500 mAh as standard, 2000 mAh as an additional add-on. Even chain-vaping the T20S I can get a full day-and-a-half out of the device before recharging (with the 1500 mAh version). From a wall socket, I measure about 2 - 2.5 hours to reach a full charge. One thing I've noticed is that the battery indicator stays red for a long time before it gradually transitions to yellow and green.

Thoughts:

The T20S is a no-brainer to use. Three clicks to power the device on and off. Click to fire. The LED indicator surrounding the fire button gives you an idea of your battery life in real-time.
This is a simple device, offering little in the way of user modification. But for a starter kit, there's something to be said for KISS (keeping it simple, stupid!). The coils have a respectable longevity - I've had a solid 2 - 3 weeks of use out of mine and flavor and throat hit are still on point.

The T20S retails for around $21 - $25 USD from online shops, and in the EU for around 26€. Replacement coils come in packs of 5 and sell for around $10/10€ across the board.

One or two reservations:

Threading:
For both the standard top-cap and all-in-one piece, Delrin threads directly into stainless steel. Not a problem at first but I can't recommend it, since Delrin threading will eventually wear down and become unusable.

Topfill:

The topfill method is easy and straightforward. The coilhead features an integrated chimney that reaches directly to the top-cap and drip tip. However, if you have a burnt coil or are getting less than satisfactory flavour, you can't easily change out coils without e-liquid inside the tank seeping out and going everywhere. This problem was also present in the T18 and T20 and is perhaps the price you pay for an integrated coilhead-chimney construction. However, perhaps you can salvage your juice by keeping the bottle handy and pouring the rest back into it.

Conclusion/TL;DR/who's it for?:

A starter kit, ideal for people looking to get off the smokes. Could also be a good option combined with nic-salts, for people who want to broaden their options away from pod-based systems. I do recommend the T20S, with a small caveat - the fixed wattage output. If you are used to more options, 18 W is something you're going to have to love to commit to the T20S.

With that thought in mind, I will shortly review the EZ.Watt kit, also from Innokin - a device which uses the same Prism T20S tank, but couples it with a mod where you have a few more options in terms of wattage - and therefore the ability to couple it with other tanks too.

I hope this review helps out someone who's looking to get off smoking and into vaping! Thanks for reading and feel free to share your experienced with the T20S too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread