ePuffer's Phantom HD starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaKBRN

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hi I'm new to the forum and just recently I bought my very first PV.

I started smoking analogs when I started in college (about 4-5 years ago) and quickly realized that they were hurting me.
I stopped working out, jogging, and just a couple of thing that caught my attention. I started smoking everywhere I went, on the car, at work...

Anyway I recently tried Blu's disposable e-Cig, as well as V2's i think. Overall I liked them, but spending $10-$15/2-3days was not a solution. I wanted to try Blu's PCC starter kit but thankfully I read a ton on the Internet and decided that if I wanted to kick the habit I needed a "heave use" PV and jumped right into what I think is a very good product.

I haven't found any reviews yet on any of ePuffer's product and I don't know why. So I' do the first I guess...

I've copied the info from the website to show y'all how it looks and what it came with.
I bought it about a week ago saturday and luckily a halloween sale was on and I saved about 25% of the original $89.00 it costs, leaving me with a $66.00 bill.

Right from the box the batteries were about 60% full so I quickly filled one of the tanks and started puffing away...

WOW, now this is much better than the disposables, much thicker vapor and not a huge device, this is with the mostly PG juice they gave me. I'm exploring new places to get more flavors without having to shop online, mainly because I live in Puerto Rico and shipping is more expensive that the bottles I buy.

The freshly charged batteries lasted me more than 700 puff (as per the LCD counter) but less than the advertised 800 and every topping of the tank (1.2ml) yielded about 200-300 puffs.
The batteries took about 1.5-2hrs to fully charge from dead but I left them about an hour more just to be sure.
The tanks (even though you puncture them at first) are reusable, but after just 3 days my 1st one is starting to get this nasty looking scrub, like you would have under your fingernail I guess from my lips and the vapor. It cleaned up very nicely with rubbing alcohol.
What really pushed me to buy this particular device it the atomizer-heating element combination which IMO will be more cost effective in the long run against 510 caros or attys.

The carrying pouch can hold about 3 of the batteries with the atomizers attached but the tank must be taken off for it to close or it might fall from the pouch which is more like for scratch proofing on trips.
I don't know how to post my cellphone pictures in here but I guess I'll post them later. The LCD function is supposed to read this and that when charging and fully charged, but in one of my units it only show the first digit if you can understand, the puff count works but when fully charged it reads: 0, when charting: C, locked: O...
It also has this flickering of the LCD and charging cable light every 8-10 second and it's really annoying, since my peripheral vision draws my attention to it every time, while driving or in the dark bedroom.
The only other thing is that when I mix and match my batteries with the atomizers say battery 1 and atty 2, batt 2 and atty 1 they don't line up perfect and my finger can cover a vent hole while operating normally.

The juice they gave me reminds me of the V2 disposable no menthol, but my hopes are that I discover some delicious VG flavors and this will be as good as any other PV twice as pricey.

I noticed that the batteries and style are very similar to the eGo products, is anyone cares to rant, please do.

No post is complete without some pics:

ePuffer PHANTOM HD Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit

PHANTOM-HD-ecig.jpg
PHANTOM HD Starter Kit Content

• 2 x PHANTOM HD Atomizers
  • 5 x Replaceable Atomizer heating elements
  • 2 x 750mAh Lithium Rechargeable Batteries with Smart LCD Function
  • 5 x 1.2ml Tank Cartridges + Bonus Eliquid ( Equals 9-10 Packs of Cigarette )
  • Universal AC/USB Adapter 110/240V
  • USB Battery Charger
  • Travel Pouch
  • Instruction Manual
Features:

• Ø=14mm
  • Length: 152mm
  • Weight: 45g ( with prefilled tank cartridge )
The PHANTOM HD kit comes with two long-lasting 750mAh batteries and each one has the capacity for 800 puffs. The batteries in the starter kit also have an LCD window that counts the number of puffs and also offers battery charging information.

As an option a 1300mAh battery with front USB pass-through feature is also available for sale. This extends the capacity of the battery to 1500 puffs and allows Phantom electronic cigarette to be used while it is charging.
epuffer-phantom-hd-ecigarette-LCD-battery-operation.jpg

phantom-hd-atomizer-assembly-instructions.gif

That's it for now I will update this if necessary in a couple of days/weeks.
THX

cstogie

Mar 16, 2013
Ottawa
Epuffers Phantom HD Cigarette is a great vapor electronic device overall. All the parts are well made and fit together well. It doesn’t look or feel like a cigarette more like a solid cigar which I like.
The tank system hasn’t leak which is extremely important even after 20 refills. The cap can be easily be removed from cartridge and filled. Fair amount of your favorite e-liquid can be poured in amounting to over 250 puffs.
The standard battery 750mAh is excellent lasting me 725 puffs. It also quickly charges under 2 hours. The only con is the LED display on the battery is poor, very hard to read and flickers. It’s not a deal breaker for me. I did purchase the option 1300mAh battery with USB Pass-Through resulting a whopping 1250 puffs, note this battery does not have a LCD display feature. They also supplied a USB cable but it’s way too short, just buy yourself one at least 3 feet your good to go.
Overall I love the Phantom HD its well made. The price is a bit high at 89.00 but with a coupon knocks off 15 bucks. Epuffer.com ships super fast 2-3 days easy to order parts that are in stock and has real person to talk to if you have any questions or problems.

thetrooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2012
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
Hi folks, I am also looking to buy the Phantom HD. For the past 7 months I have been using the Magnum EAZE from epuffer. Although the Magnum works well, I find that after about a week of use the battery output seems to diminish. I have to puff harder to get really good vapor. Is the Phantom HD worth buying? How much vapor does the Phantom produce?

The other reason I am looking to buy the Phantom HD is that I was a smoker for 30 years. I usually smoked about a pack a day, which I guess is why I would go through a cartridge a day with the Magnum. I'm going to order the Phantom HD today from epuffer as a birthday present to myself. My birthday is in 11 days, I'm gonna be 42 8-o. Is this type of e-cigarette easy to use and refill? It will be at least a week before I get mine, I live in Canada and the Phantom HD is shipped from the US. Any input and advice on how to use the Phantom HD would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :headbang:

After doing my research I ordered mine yesterday. I hope the Phantom HD turns out to be a winner as I used to use product from Blu back in 2009. Since than I turned back to smoking as vaping was still not convient or popular or reliable to say the least.

I hope I can stay quit with the Vaping technology today. To say the least I am excited.

YOTREK, how's yours working for ya?

aussie11

Oct 31, 2013
Australia
Hi all
I don't often reply on forums but I felt compelled to do so this time. I was drawn into the hype on epuffer website over the PhantomHD.
I have had it for around 6-7 months. I bought the starter kit plus a spare battery and atomiser as well as extra heating coils. I was very disappointed right from the start as the battery was faulty and wouldn't charge and got extremely hot. I emailed them and told them so they did send a new one out. In the meantime I used the original battery which I found only gave a really good vape if the battery was half or more charged, after this point the vape was not very satisfying. The most I have been able to get from a full battery was 400 puffs. When the new replacement battery arrived I noticed it was marked and the chrome ring was tarnished badly. It did not look new. After charging it up and commencing use I found the on button often got stuck in the on position and was burning away until I could quickly unscrew the battery to stop the connection. It has been an ongoing problem since they replaced it. I emailed them again and they want the thing sent back and from Australia to the UK the cost for postage would outweigh me throwing it and buying a compatible one here, and the 3 week downtime, who could be bothered. When the button gets stuck in the on position it burns the plastic cartridge and taints all the the remaining e liquid in the cartridge with a burnt plastic taste. I have given friends a choof to see if the want to change over to ecig and give up analogs, but the burnt flavour that remains in the unit, even after cleaning has turned them off as they think all ecigs are like this. It is also messy and leaks a lot, if you lay it down flat then pick up for a puff, you get a mouthful of eliquid instead of vapour.
I am really disappointed in this unit, and think it is very overrated. Paid over $140 for my original purchase plus spare battery and post.
This week I bought elsewhere, a KangerTech Protank (pyrex glass) $17 and a battery $14.90 and screw it together and had the best vape experience ever for $32. Luckily the only good thing to come out of the epuffer Phantom HD purchase was the fact that my new KangerTech Protank screws straight onto the battery from the Phantom HD as they are both 510 connection. There is no burnt taste no tainting of the remaining eliquid, so now I know what all the vapers are talking about when they say they have good vapes. Also the charger from the Phantom HD obviously fits the new setup so not all is lost, but an expensive, almost off putting experience.

Don't waste your money on the Phantom HD they are over rated and don't perform as stated. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread