Erprinz Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Hello my fellow vapers. Does anybody know of a US source, online is OK, for the Erlprinz. The only one I could find is VaporShark. Has anybody bought from VS before? Reputable?

Thanks in advance.

May I suggest an Erlkonigin clone instead? My AC one is great, and I guarantee that it is better than that half-assed Erprinz. The Erprinz not an affordable Erl; It's simply a bad Erl in a nutshell.

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for the response Cory. I'm not 100% opposed to a clone, but would rather stay with the OEM if possible, even if the Prinz is a slightly watered down version of the Konig. Do you know of specific quality issues?

From what I understand, it isn't slightly watered down; it's completely gutted. Apparently none of the accessories will fit on it, the materials are not of as high quality, it doesn't have the washer to hold the wick down, and the air hole is only 1.5mm max as opposed to 2.0mm

If I'm mistaken about any of that I apologize; I had to translate forums from french to get any sort of information

Also it is machined in china.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have an ErlPrinz and it a very high quality rta. I also have ErlK clones...one leaks enough to be annoying but not bad enough to chuck.

Although I haven't purchased from them, Vapor Shark is a very reputable company.

I would suggest you start with an authentic...see if you like it and THEN get a clone. The reason is that if you get a clone first and you have problems or don't like it, you won't know if it's because of a clone defect or if you just don't like the atty. the Erl Prinz is more expensive than a clone but WAY cheaper than the ErlK and the consensus is it provides the exact same vape as the ErlK. And it is my understanding the ErlP's are made somewhere in Europe, not China.

Just my .02.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
From what I understand, it isn't slightly watered down; it's completely gutted. Apparently none of the accessories will fit on it, the materials are not of as high quality, it doesn't have the washer to hold the wick down, and the air hole is only 1.5mm max as opposed to 2.0mm

If I'm mistaken about any of that I apologize; I had to translate forums from french to get any sort of information

Also it is machined in china.

I own an authentic Erlkonigin, an Erlprinz and a clone of the Erlkonigin.

I can't remember if the nano kit from the ErlK fits the ErlP or not. As far as I can remember, it does.

You're correct in that the material used for the ErlP is inferior to the ErlK. The machining isn't as good on the ErlP either.

The wick ring is unnecessary. The Europeans prefer silica as wicking material and that ring was designed to be used to hold the wicks in position while screwing the chimney on.

Actually, the ErlK has a 1.5mm air hole with an optional 2mm open draw posi pole holder. I believe that the ErlP's air flow is slightly larger than the 1.5mm. Not sure on the specific size though.

I agree with Pocha that the ErlP is not manufactured in China but countries other than Austria in Europe.

RipTodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Ripon, WI
www.rathkampdrums.com
Any reason to get the Erlprinz over another RBA like the Lemo?

Just curious.

Eric

I've been obsessing over RTAs over the last month or so. I really think that between the deck, the top fill concept, the air control ring, juice capacity, and aesthetics, the Erls hit all the sweet spots for me.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Any reason to get the Erlprinz over another RBA like the Lemo?

Just curious.

Eric

The Erlprinz is a somewhat "meh" atomizer lately. It's not terrible by any means, but really not much better than say a Kayfun Lite Plus clone. Not bad, just different, and it fit into that niche quite well for awhile. The top fill method was the primary reason for that imo.

An Erlprinz compared to a Lemo is comparing apples to oranges.

The Erlprinz is the type of atomizer that suits people that vape like they smoked cigarettes, as in mouth to lung hits, much like a stock Kayfun before mods. TONS of flavor, good vapor, decent throat hit with a liquid with a high enough nic.

The Lemo shines as a direct lung inhale atomizer. It can be set up as a Kayfun style with some tweaking, but that's not how it shows it true colors. You can build a Lemo as a lung inhaler and as a high wattage atty. It needs that higher wattage to get flavor as good as (if not better than) a Kayfun, which also dramatically increases the amount of vapor. However unless you like a REALLY strong throat hit, you will need to drop the nic level of your juice. Also atomizers like this are juice hungry, as evidenced by the thicker vapor, so it will go through juice a lot faster than a Kayfun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread