Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Hi, new owner here just a few minutes ago I went to vape and I'm pressing my button and nothing is happening. Panic sets in and i think its the battery so popped in a new one and nothing so I looked on the menu and see E1 error code ...ok go to take off my tank and by the way I'm using a ego adapter and the ego adapter is stuck on the tank not my provari so I get some pliers and unscrew it lightly screwed back on and now it works. Question is why was it reading short circuit/shorted atomizer from the adapter being screwed too tight? Any help would be wonderful-thanks

Reactions: gnees

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
From E1, E2 and E8 Error (Individually or in Combination)

E1 - Short Circuit / Shorted Atomizer - The most common cause of this error is simply having a tank or atomizer screwed on too tightly. Try unscrewing the tank about 1/4 of a turn. If this error continues to appears, remove the atomizer and replace with a different one or lower your voltage settings. The ProVari will automatically reset when the problem is fixed.

Reactions: gnees

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
You may have had the adapter screwed on to the tank so tight it was smashing the connection on the PT causing it to short. I always use the spark plug "saying" for all my mods and tanks.

"A quarter turn past hand tight" is all you need for a good connection. You don't need to crank on anything hard enough you need pliers to get it off.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread