eVic Primo FIT 80W with EXCEED Air Plus TC Kit - Joyetech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review I take a look at the eVic Primo FIT 80W with EXCEED Air Plus TC Kit from joyetech. The eVic Primo FIT 80W with EXCEED Air Plus TC Kit was sent for the purpose of this review by Ella from joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-pri...-air-plus/

In the Box

Contents:

1 x eVic Primo Fit
1 x EXCEED Air Plus Atomizer
1 x EX 0.5ohm DL. Head
1 x EX 1.2ohm MTL. Head
1 x Spare Glass Tube
2 x Manual
1 x Warranty Card
2 x Warning Card
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The eVic Primo Fit kit comes in typical Joyetech packaging and i received the Black version which comprises of both Black device and Tank. The Kit is also available in Blue, Silver and Dazzling, all tanks match the devices. The tank as a mainly smooth service with very little texturing, as a bubble glass and honeycomb 510 drip-tip sitting on top, it's quite a stumpy tank but the drip-tip is tall in comparison. The eVic Primo Fit is a very small, pocket friendly device ideal along with the Air Plus as a stealth vape. The device is quite shapely with curved front and spine as well as tapered indented sections to the sides, the fire button is also curved and i found the device very comfortable to hold and fire. The front of the device has the already mentioned curved fire button at the top, at the bottom we have the small navigational buttons and micro USB port, housed centrally is the large 0.96 OLED screen with curved cover. The shapely spine and sides of the device are featureless, moving to the base we have safety stamps and venting and finally a gold plated, spring loaded 510 sitting to one side on top.

EXCEED Air Plus Specs and Features:

Size: 22 x 44mm
Capacity: 3ml
Coil: EX 1.2ohm MTL head (8 - 14W, best 12W) / EX 0.5ohm DL head (20 - 35W, best 28W)
Upgraded bulging glass tube with 3ml large capacity
EX series heads available for MTL & DL inhales
Innovative push-to-open top filling system
Refined airflow control system
Detachable structure for easy cleaning
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Blue, Silver, Black, Dazzling

EXCEED Air Plus Overview

I have used both this tank before (well the only difference I can tell between this and the Exceed Air is it has a bubble glass increasing the capacity by an extra 1ml) and both supplied coils which I have used countless times. The Air Plus as mentioned as a bubble glass giving it a 3ml capacity and a slide open top-fill method. The tank can be taken apart and reassembled with no dramas and the coils screw straight into the base per normal. The airflow is a single cyclops which can be adjusted from open slot to 3, 2 or just one 1 small hole making the tank suitable for a low wattage restricted DL vape, airy or tight MTL vape. The supplied coils are as I mentioned coils I have tried many times and both are flavour stock coils especially the MTL coil. The EX 0.5 coil is rated between 20W and 35W which I find best at 25W, the EX 1.2 MTL coil rated at between 8W and 14W I find is full of flavour at 12W. The Exceed Air Plus is a great matchup choice with the eVic Primo Fit.

eVic Primo FIT Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 60mm x 22.5mm x 40mm
Screen type: 0.96-inch OLED display
Output wattage: 1-80W
Output mode: Power/RTC/TC(Ni,Ti,SS316)/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC/TCR mode; 0.1-3.5ohm for Power/RTC mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
Battery: Built-in battery (2800mAh)
Battery type: 23600
Max charging current: 2.0A
Max output current: 25A
Colours: Blue, Silver, Black, Dazzling

Using the eVic Primo Fit

The device is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and has a very simple menu system using the navigation keys and fire to select. The screen is a quite large size in comparison to the tiny device and has a bright and sharp display. To enter the menu system is 3 clicks of the fire button which brings up 4 icons which are, mode, set (settings), info and exit, exit is self explanatory and info allows you to see hardware and firmware versions as well as battery status. Choosing Mode brings up a list of options which are, Power (wattage), RTC (which is the mode i used, displaying the clock), TC (choosing this brings up further options of NI, TI and SS). Next we have TCR (choosing this brings up 3 memory slots to enter TCR values) and finally Bypass. Choosing the settings brings up further options including lock your resistance, set wattage for temp control, subpara options (choose between puff, time vaped or amp), stealth, screen timeout, clock and preheat. The device is very uncomplicated with the only other feature being both navigational keys together locks and unlocks the device. The clock face on the device i particularly like especially when it kicks in has a screensaver taking up the entire display.

Performance

Using the device just in wattage and has a low wattage MTL device (used with EXCEED Air Plus with the MTL coil, and mainly with the berserker Mini) i enjoyed this tiny device. It is very ergonomic and the curved fire button is clicky and very easy to find despite barely protruding. As with devices of late there was no delay i could detect and on the low wattage's i vaped at it gave a nice consistent vape and fired every time. The 2800mAh internal battery gave very good life as you would expect using as a low wattage MTL device. The navigational keys are small so not ideal for big fingers, also any tank over 22mm will have overhang. I would have no idea how temperature control is on the device so if your a TC user you would need to find a review that covers that. The device supports 2A quick charge and is firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

I found the eVic Primo Fit Kit a nice little pocket friendly low wattage setup with the included EXCEED Air Plus giving a nice flavoursome MTL vape while also allowing for a restricted DL vape.

Pros

Pocket friendly
Ergonomically friendly
Temp control
Large Screen (relative to device)
Aesthetically pleasing clock
No noticeable delay
Nice curved fire button
Good capacity battery for low wattage device
Easy to navigate menu system
2A charging
Firmware Upgradeable
Good flavour from coils
MTL or restrictive DL vape
Tank and device colour matches.

Con

Navigational buttons rather small
No Custom Curves
Tanks over 22mm will overhang
Internal battery (not liked by some)
Not suitable for high wattage users

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the eVic Primo FIT 80W with EXCEED Air Plus TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-pri...-air-plus/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread